You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Group C- FRA/AUS/PER/DEN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:47pm
If France beat Peru, this group is over. I really can't see Australia beating Peru, so that'll end that.
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:02pm
I thought the ref and the VAR system did a number on Denmark today. Aussie penalty wasn't one and then there was a huge shirt tug on Cornelius as he went into the box and they never even looked at the incident.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If France beat Peru, this group is over. I really can't see Australia beating Peru, so that'll end that.

If France beat Peru then all Australia would need is a 1-0 win in the last match assuming France beat Denmark. Would I be correct in saying that? If so I wouldn't put it past the Aussies to scrape into the last 16.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:15pm
Yeah, that's right, just about. Denmark could do Australia on goals scored in that scenario, were they to lose like 3-2 to France, or something like that. There is a chance it could come down to fair play too, but it's all quite unlikely.

If France beat Peru, I think it's all over. I know Peru will have nothing to play for against Australia at that stage, but I still think they'll get something off them, and that'll be that.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:43pm
Ah I wouldn't write Australia off so easy. I reckon they have a decent chance especially if Peru are knocked out today.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:05pm
Camera pans to the French bench during the anthem. Sidibe isn't signing the anthem. Camera moves along the bench. He sees it coming out of the corner of his eyes, and then starts the mutter some words LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:19pm
Guerrero looks like a member of MS13.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:40pm
Mbappe scores a tap in.

Almost a great breakaway goal there to make it 2 for France. Mbappe showing amazing pace.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Mbappe scores a tap in.

Almost a great breakaway goal there to make it 2 for France. Mbappe showing amazing pace.

Peru had the chance to clear it plenty of times within a 2 or 3 minute period before that goal and kept trying to play it out from the back. While admirable, they've only themselves to blame.

Some effort there by Aquino.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:48pm
France could be great if they had a competent manager!

Matuidi playing left midfield is up there with one of the worst decisions any manager has made during this World Cup and that includes Hierro benching Thiago.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:50pm

Another group with fook all going on in the last round of games 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

France could be great if they had a competent manager!

Matuidi playing left midfield is up there with one of the worst decisions any manager has made during this World Cup and that includes Hierro benching Thiago.
They would be short odds favourites if that was the case and would be coming in as European champions.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Will France and Denmark play out a draw?
It will mean they finish 1,2 regardless of the other result.

However if Denmark win they top the group and avoid Croatia.

Pogba dropped to the bench as he is on a yellow.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:46pm

??

Australia can still qualify. Need France to win as themselves and score more goals then Denmark - a 1-0 to Australia and a 1-0 to France see's Aussies through but a 1-0 to Australia and a 3-2 to France sees Denmark through.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

??

Australia can still qualify. Need France to win as themselves and score more goals then Denmark - a 1-0 to Australia and a 1-0 to France see's Aussies through but a 1-0 to Australia and a 3-2 to France sees Denmark through.

There was/is very little hope of Australia getting out of this group and the race for 1st and 2nd place between France and Denmark leaves me cold. Boring conclusion. 
El Puto Amo
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:52pm
France vs. Denmark looks guaranteed to be the first 0-0 of this World Cup. 
But surely France remember 1984, 1998 and 2000.  They never win major tournaments without beating Denmark in the group stage and should be trying to win this.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:56pm
The longer the Aussies stay losing the more likely you'd imagine Denmark are to eventually push forward and try and nab the win. Croatia clearly look to be a team to avoid in this competition so winning this group could be crucial for France or Denmark.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 4:13pm
Deschamps playing both Kante and Nzonzi Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic