You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Group A- RUS/KSA/EGY/URU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:56pm
LOL

Very good.
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

His brutally garbled English, bizarre syntax and unnecessary capitalisation would certainly lead to that conclusion... not to mention the inability to answer a straight question, and attacking the person raising the question as biased rather than actually addressing the issue in dispute.

I'm done with him.

As am I

It's quite clear he can't accept genuine criticism/ questioning of Russia that is backed up . So he's resorting to the race card 

The initial tweet identifies Nationality as a motivator to find a problem.
Superdave84 opening sentence to me talks about beta version Google Translate.

But it's someone else's fault.

How else do they point out which team has run the most in the competition other than their nationality? 
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 8:41pm
Most of UCD's posts are so baffling maybe they are part of some covert communist psychological experiment?

Edited by TonyNotJack - 21 Jun 2018 at 11:51pm
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 9:52am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

His brutally garbled English, bizarre syntax and unnecessary capitalisation would certainly lead to that conclusion... not to mention the inability to answer a straight question, and attacking the person raising the question as biased rather than actually addressing the issue in dispute.

I'm done with him.

As am I

It's quite clear he can't accept genuine criticism/ questioning of Russia that is backed up . So he's resorting to the race card 

The initial tweet identifies Nationality as a motivator to find a problem.
Superdave84 opening sentence to me talks about beta version Google Translate.

But it's someone else's fault.

How else do they point out which team has run the most in the competition other than their nationality? 

@Bhob
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier I was preparing some food.

The line you highlighted is a reply to Denis Irwin who accused me of playing the 'race card' while defending the author of the tweet/spreadsheet who was motivated to find a problem based on Nationality. Anybody who feels a connection to the sport should push back against that attitude of targeting based on Nationality.
You can direct your question towards him.

Just before you came in....

UCDFAN is Russian or of Russian origin  I reckon

That's the stuff I have to put up with. Let's just say when I hang around in groups I don't hear "We're all Irish hear" as much as I used to.

Just because an attribute is measured (i.e. running around a lot Skill) and a number is placed beside a label/team that doesn't mean that they should be arranged on a long list and compared. It's partial info that doesn't consider the environment. The partial info doesn't represent the sport and that aswell should be challenged.

Now Bhob I notice on another thread "Drugs in Sport" you've nailed your colours to the mast that the Russians are guilty. I don't want you to be incorrect. Just, I want you to use information that reflects the sport.

Edited by UCDFAN - 22 Jun 2018 at 9:54am
www.ucdsupporters.ie
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:46am
it’s an INTERNATIONAL competition. LOLLOLLOL
If we remove nationality from it, so as to suit your weird agenda, then my odd friend, we don’t have a World Cup anymore 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:51am

What is this lad talking about Confused

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 11:04am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

If we remove nationality from it, so as to suit your weird agenda, then my odd friend, we don’t have a World Cup anymore 

I haven't said remove the nationality. But why use nationality just to find fault as the author of the tweet/Spreadsheet attempted to do?
The International completion is bigger than that.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 11:09am

I haven't said remove the nationality. But why use nationality just to find fault as the author of the tweet/Spreadsheet attempted to do?

Using the running stats is the same as using passing stats or tackling stats etc etc. We use nationality because it’s national association tournament. 

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 11:39am

Using the running stats is the same as using passing stats or tackling stats etc etc. We use nationality because it’s national association tournament. 

Sure. But the author was motivated to find fault with one nationality, used that sliver of information to present gaps or questions. It is that attitude that resources in football have to reply and respond to.

Regarding the bare stats, they still don't reflect the environment. So they shouldn't be used to accuse.

And that has been my position since the tweet/spreadsheet was presented. I'm going to continue to enjoy the football.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 3:11pm
Great free kick
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 3:21pm
Don't think we'll be seeing Salah in an Egypt shirt ever again. It's been a bit of a disaster for him.

First he's been used as a propaganda tool all tournament having to pose alongside Ramzan Kadyrov.

Egypt announced their starting line up with him on the bench, then changed it 5 minutes later with him starting
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Don't think we'll be seeing Salah in an Egypt shirt ever again. It's been a bit of a disaster for him.

First he's been used as a propaganda tool all tournament having to pose alongside Ramzan Kadyrov.

Egypt announced their starting line up with him on the bench, then changed it 5 minutes later with him starting

And he scores a minute after you post this Clap

Uruguay have been excellent, 2-0 up and now with a man advantage.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 4:34pm
Egypt's keeper is the oldest player to ever play at a World Cup - 45 years old.

And saved Saudi Arabia's first penalty LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 5:01pm
So much for Egypt being the potential dark horse lost all 3 games.

Mo Salah obviously not fit
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

So much for Egypt being the potential dark horse lost all 3 games.

Mo Salah obviously not fit
He is not the Messiah he is a very naughty boy
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:04pm
Very underwhelming group
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:05pm
Any metres covered stats for the Russians today? Or did they forget to take their drugs 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:08pm
Already qualified, dial it back so they're less suspicious 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic