You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Group A- RUS/KSA/EGY/URU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Why does every one of your posts look like it has gone through the beta version of google translate?

Also, you misspelled temperature, so I think your post can be devalued too, applying the same logic.

In terms of time of day etc, there are loads of teams who have played 9pm games in cooler locations... yet Russia have run further than any other team. Twice. Including their 4pm game.

It is more than a little curious.

LOL Clap

@Superdave84 What is it you don't understand? because you understood my point about valuing contributions through spelling. Thumps up to the beta-version of Google Translate.

The source spreadsheet doesn't consider the Sport or environment but just compares on Nationality. That should be a problem for anyone circulating or defending the source material.
Style of play of Team, Style of play of opposition, score-line through the game, all of these things can be considered by someone who cares about the Sport.

Eh, I never said I didn't understand your post. I get your point; however, those things are impossible to quantify. Also, addressing them head on, why would Russia need to run like blue-arsed flies against Saudi? Sure they had the lead for most of the game. Russia ran more than anyone else in a 4pm game, while teams in later games, in cooler locations, haven't run that far.

It's very suspicious, no matter whether you deal with it as raw figures, or whether you contextualise it by reference to other, immeasurable factors. How do you propose to account for "style of play" in assessing if it is suspicious or not? Long and short of it, the numbers are a red flag, and not the good kind with a hammer and sickle.
Sponsored Links

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:23pm

Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Why does every one of your posts look like it has gone through the beta version of google translate?

Also, you misspelled temperature, so I think your post can be devalued too, applying the same logic.

In terms of time of day etc, there are loads of teams who have played 9pm games in cooler locations... yet Russia have run further than any other team. Twice. Including their 4pm game.

It is more than a little curious.

LOL Clap

@Superdave84 What is it you don't understand? because you understood my point about valuing contributions through spelling. Thumps up to the beta-version of Google Translate.

The source spreadsheet doesn't consider the Sport or environment but just compares on Nationality. That should be a problem for anyone circulating or defending the source material.
Style of play of Team, Style of play of opposition, score-line through the game, all of these things can be considered by someone who cares about the Sport.

Eh, I never said I didn't understand your post. I get your point; however, those things are impossible to quantify. Also, addressing them head on, why would Russia need to run like blue-arsed flies against Saudi? Sure they had the lead for most of the game. Russia ran more than anyone else in a 4pm game, while teams in later games, in cooler locations, haven't run that far.

It's very suspicious, no matter whether you deal with it as raw figures, or whether you contextualise it by reference to other, immeasurable factors. How do you propose to account for "style of play" in assessing if it is suspicious or not? Long and short of it, the numbers are a red flag, and not the good kind with a hammer and sickle.

Did you interrupt yourself? there was no need.
As you are probably already aware Style of Play can be quantified. Thank you for allowing me to find at least this research.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02640414.2016.1169309

"In conclusion, 12 (eight attacking and four defensive) different playing styles and associated performance indicators utilised in elite soccer were identified in this data set. Furthermore, the selected factors together explained 87.54% of the variance. The degree to which a team relies on a specific style can be determined based on the team’s score for each factor. "

As I mentioned score-line, tempeture (var. spelling),Time of Day. A couple more: km covered per goals scored; km covered per points earned.
Russia would return low kilometre numbers for those last two.
The Sport includes these considerations, effort/outcome ratios everywhere, both informal and formal.

The source spreadsheet ignores all of that but uses a single indicator to confirm bias of the author. But the Sport has to put in resources to respond to partial information, it would be helpful if Supporters of the Sport would challenge the partial information closer to the source. So there's a chance the quality of the information can improve. Atm the partial and incomplete information is been distributed and defended.

Russia Senior 'A' is probably too polite to comment on the inconsistency of "a little curious"/"very suspicious".

www.ucdsupporters.ie
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:37pm
The data is all there: is there a model that shows that Russia's running isn't suspiciously high, using some or all of the variables you've pointed out? The closest we have is raw data that suggests that it is. Even modifying for variables like temperature, humidity and time of day, Russia's km covered is already high. They were not playing in cool, dry, non-humid cities in the evening time, like the games in Yekaterinburg, Kazan or Nizhny. The single indicator used is easily the best single indicator. If you have a model that shows how it isn't suspicious, now's the time to show it, rather than just criticising the conclusions based on the data without showing how it is wrong.

Also, to be clear, I didn't say it was "a little curious", I said it was "more than a little curious". That's not inconsistent with "very suspicious". If you're going to be a pedant, it helps to be right.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 21 Jun 2018 at 5:38pm
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:11pm

The data is all there: is there a model that shows that Russia's running isn't suspiciously high, using some or all of the variables you've pointed out? The closest we have is raw data that suggests that it is. Even modifying for variables like temperature, humidity and time of day, Russia's km covered is already high. They were not playing in cool, dry, non-humid cities in the evening time, like the games in Yekaterinburg, Kazan or Nizhny. The single indicator used is easily the best single indicator. If you have a model that shows how it isn't suspicious, now's the time to show it, rather than just criticising the conclusions based on the data without showing how it is wrong.

Also, to be clear, I didn't say it was "a little curious", I said it was "more than a little curious". That's not inconsistent with "very suspicious". If you're going to be a pedant, it helps to be right.

The accusers, that want to find a problem, outside the Sport and after the  event get to determine the value of 'suspiciously high'? "Suspiciously high" isnt given a specific value but the Sport's team must still qualify below that. Football should reject such testing environments.
The defence of difficult to prove a negative can be presented.

Making-up measurements with gaps that the Sport is expected to find resources to fill can be challenged very easily.

The km covered total shows the km covered for that team at that time and nothing else. It's possible to use km covered with another stat (eg goals, shots on goal) and the comparison is with the direct opposition.  Because they both competed in the same environment.  That's a sporting conversation.

The Sport has to continue to challenge suspicions based on Nationality of the Athletes.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:13pm
The accusations aren't being made on nationality.  The chap has put up a spreadsheet outlining it 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Jun 2018 at 6:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:14pm
UCDFAN is Russian or of Russian origin  I reckon

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Jun 2018 at 6:15pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:24pm
His brutally garbled English, bizarre syntax and unnecessary capitalisation would certainly lead to that conclusion... not to mention the inability to answer a straight question, and attacking the person raising the question as biased rather than actually addressing the issue in dispute.

I'm done with him.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:28pm
@Denis Irwin
Read the intro in the tweet.  Russia -> skepticism based on Nationality -> Presented partial info divided by Nationality -> bias satisfied ->  The Sport now has to put in resources to respond.

You're welcome to continue to identify me and others based on Nationality, it's how you roamed.

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

www.ucdsupporters.ie
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:32pm

His brutally garbled English, bizarre syntax and unnecessary capitalisation would certainly lead to that conclusion... not to mention the inability to answer a straight question, and attacking the person raising the question as biased rather than actually addressing the issue in dispute.

I'm done with him.

As am I

It's quite clear he can't accept genuine criticism/ questioning of Russia that is backed up . So he's resorting to the race card 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Jun 2018 at 6:33pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I'm done with him.

As am I

It's quite clear he can't accept genuine criticism/ questioning of Russia that is backed up . So he's resorting to the race card 

The initial tweet identifies Nationality as a motivator to find a problem.
Superdave84 opening sentence to me talks about beta version Google Translate.

But it's someone else's fault.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:33pm

I'm done with him.

No dinner for UCD fan tonight. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I'm done with him.

LOL

Tbf that was some meal SD made
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I'm done with him.

LOL

Tbf that was some meal SD made

What thread was that in again ? LOL

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:51pm
The f**k you thread, that's where.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:52pm
Crushed basil butter peas!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:52pm
LOLClap

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:53pm
LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:54pm

The f**k you thread, that's where.

LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic