You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2014- Fan matches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Cup 2014- Fan matches
    Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 10:57am
Im travelling to Brazil for the group stages. There is going to be at least 5 of us, and were thinking might be good to get involved in some of the fan games over there. Has anyone seen anything about fan games that will be on during the tournament, or connections with any of the other European countries going.

Applied for tickets blind before the draw had been made, just going by the venues and the dates for travel. 

We got tickets for four games: Match 1 (Porto Alegre)- France v Honduras
 Match 2 (Sao Paolo) - Uruguay v England
 Match 3 (Rio)            - Belguim v russia
 Match 4 (Rio)            - France v Ecuador

Basically just looking to get a decent kick about over there. Ive had a look through the FIFA links, I cant see anything there or on google.

Any help much appreciated,

ybig
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 12:38pm
Just head to the beach in Rio always games going on there
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 1:22pm
How much you pay for flights and accommodation etc?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Smurf View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 3:55pm
I booked accommodation and flights before the draw. Flying into Buenos Aries and out of Colombia, Im going travelling for a few weeks. But the flights into Argentina and out of Colombia, were 1300 euro.

The two weeks in Brazil

Accommodation: 540 euro

All dorms in hostels, Rio was the most expensive part, 50 euro a night, the other places were bout half that.

Match tickets: 490 euro

4 category A tickets

Transport: 90 euro

Buses between the cities.

Were doing 4 days in Porto Alegre, 2 days in Florionapolis, 2 days in Sao Paolo, and 6 days in Rio.

All together bout 2400 euro, including flights in and out of south america, accommodation and transport in Brazil and 4 Match tickets.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 11:27pm
Nicely done Smurf, that's very reasonable.

Contact the FSE, they might know of games by the European nations, probably nothing organised for a while yet.
http://www.fanseurope.org/en/
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Smurf View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 9:37am
Cheers, the accommodation was the main thing to get sorted early. What some hostels are looking for 10 bed dorms is a joke. Thanks for the link, ill contact them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic