Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Womens World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:08pm
Accidental clash of legs preventing a goal is still a peno no?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:08pm
No matter how many times they slowed that replay down, I don't think it was conclusive enough to give a penalty tbh. 

USA deserved to win anyway.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Neville would want to learn how to control his players. Hans must have enjoyed the VAR decision there, only took a month!

VAR in it's current guise is an abomination. 

The English penalty (which is clearly a penalty when seen from a couple of angles) - I have a few issues here.

- it took how long? Once they had the couple of angles showing the contact, how did it take that long to make such a clear call?

- it's a red card. There is no attempt to play the ball. It is as clear a red card as you will see. Once the penalty is given it is a woeful decision to give a yellow. Disgraceful decision from an English point of view.

- correct me if I'm wrong here, but if the USA hadn't made a substitute when England were claiming the foul for the penalty, the penalty would never have been given. The ref was waving it away saying nothing to see here, and the keeper was about to kick the ball out from the goal kick, until the USA made that sub. The VAR setup is a comedy at this stage LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:14pm
She ran into the back of her leg as the White is about to tap the ball in from 6 yards. A simple tap in. The US defender knows what's she's doing. She's in a last ditch attempt to get anywhere near the player or the ball, and she is never ever getting there. She knows England are going to equalise. Can't believe anyone would see this any other way. Is it because they are women that people think that cynicism isn't there? If that exact situation happened in a men's game nobody would question a penalty and a red card being given.

It is a clear penalty. It is also a clear red card as there no genuine attempt to play the ball. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:17pm
A very soft pen. (And brutal pen to follow up)

Double punishment is gone no? So if decision is penalty then it’s correct to award a yellow. 

Ref was poor overall. 
USA the better side.
Jonathon Pearce is very Partridge-esque 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Double punishment is gone no? So if decision is penalty then it’s correct to award a yellow. 

Ref was poor overall. 
USA the better side.

Pearce is and always was a ****ish commentator. Cannot stand his ott enthusiasm.Dead
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:22pm
Double punishment is only gone if there is a genuine attempt to play the ball. Once the decision to give the penalty was made, the only colour card possible to give was a red. As there was clearly no genuine attempt to play the ball, so dogso doesn't account for giving a yellow there.

Also there are clear angles that shows she runs into the back of Whites legs as she's about to tap the ball in. It's as cynical a play as you'd see from a CB. Very smart though as it's amazing how often that is gotten away with.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:25pm

Ref was poor overall. 
USA the better side.
Not quite; a deliberate foul preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity should still be a red. I don’t see how that could be given here. 
Having watched it again on the news I don’t see how that was a penalty.

In fact, it was an appalling decision. The worst decision ever, or since the weekend.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:29pm
How can you not see the contact? She runs straight into the back of Whites right leg, with her right knee. It's cynical as she's never getting near the ball and she knows it. It's clear on the replays, I'm not sure what lads are looking at?

From there it's a penalty and a red card.

Btw I had no dog in this race. Can't stand either team really. Hope the Dutch win it out. England got shafted that the US weren't down to 10 for the last 10-15 mins though.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:31pm

Defo a peno
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ref was poor overall. 
USA the better side.
Not quite; a deliberate foul preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity should still be a red. I don’t see how that could be given here. 
Having watched it again on the news I don’t see how that was a penalty.

Thumbs Up

VAR is a raging success anyway, I’d be 99.3% sure I enjoyed football more without it 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Ref was poor overall. 
USA the better side.

Pearce is and always was a ****ish commentator. Cannot stand his ott enthusiasm.Dead

Hes f*ckin desperate. With 10 seconds to go he spouted some bollox about the "football gods" bringing some luck to England LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 12:02am
PM can I ask you your general take on penalties being awarded. Do you only believe that a penalty should be given if a player is scythed down in the box? Do you also believe that anytime a player over eggs the extent of the foul, that it's not a penalty? Reading your comments on this penalty decision and previous ones, it seems this way.

In the game tonight imo, the English player is clearly fouled from behind. The US player just runs into the back of her in desperation to stop an almost certain goal. No attempt to play the ball and clear contact. It was a penalty and a red card.

The English player hams up the contact then to make sure it's noticed, as they all do because they know otherwise the plebian referees won't even look at such a call. So the English player clearly exaggerated the foul. It is a clear foul at the same time though and a very cynical one by the US defender.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 12:11am
All this thread needs now is Territorial
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

All this thread needs now is Territorial

And Crap Senior LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 6:08am
First bit of this WC I've watched and the 4 goals, including the disallowed goal, were excellent. If we had scored them we'd be hailing a new dawn for Irish football under Mick.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 6:15am
Also, the whinging about the drinking tea celebration from some of the pundits was embarrassingly pathetic.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

PM can I ask you your general take on penalties being awarded. Do you only believe that a penalty should be given if a player is scythed down in the box? Do you also believe that anytime a player over eggs the extent of the foul, that it's not a penalty? Reading your comments on this penalty decision and previous ones, it seems this way.

In the game tonight imo, the English player is clearly fouled from behind. The US player just runs into the back of her in desperation to stop an almost certain goal. No attempt to play the ball and clear contact. It was a penalty and a red card.

The English player hams up the contact then to make sure it's noticed, as they all do because they know otherwise the plebian referees won't even look at such a call. So the English player clearly exaggerated the foul. It is a clear foul at the same time though and a very cynical one by the US defender.
Hans, can I ask you a question; why do you care what I think? I don’t even care what so think!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic