Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Womens World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:05pm
Such a Scottish way to go out LOL

(No Offence Ersatz Wink)

Edited by Denis Irwin - 20 Jun 2019 at 5:06pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:06pm
Were they not already out? They lost the first two games.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They'd a decent chance of being one of the best 3rd place teams afaik 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

They'd a decent chance of being one of the best 3rd place teams afaik 
Ah right, I assumed they were already out. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:17pm
Both those teams deserve to be eliminated for their awful choice of jerseys.

What were they both at playing in their awya kits? Argentina basically wore Scotish jerseys Angry
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:25pm
When a governing body that cares about the game takes control, the jersey situation has to be top of the list. Advertising has to go. It used to fit into the design, or be made fit in, but it is time to go. 
Third kits need to go.
Second kits to only be used when there is a genuine clash.

The joke’s over.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

top top drama. Should have been at least another 5 minutes injury time played. Scots really threw that away
Scottish player after the final whistle:

"A horrible way to go out, but we'll be back, because that's what we do."

Sorry, love, but you're Scottish, that's what you don't do. LOL
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:56am
For those of you taking orgasmic delight in our valiant Scots lassies exit from the women's world cup all I have to say is -

Mr Mackay will see you in Slade Prison shortly ....

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 20 Jun 2019 at 10:56am
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

For those of you taking orgasmic delight in our valiant Scots lassies exit from the women's world cup all I have to say is -

Mr Mackay will see you in Slade Prison shortly ....

Aye, even there, being Scottish, he was too useless to actually play, so they made him ref the game instead:

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 5:05pm

Edited by Denis Irwin - 20 Jun 2019 at 5:05pm

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:17pm
I wonder why the Dutch men’s team are very diverse in ethnic make up but the women’s team look like the traditional white and blonde stereotype.
El Puto Amo
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:02pm
Scotland's original away kit was yellow and pink, so the women wearing pink isn't a mile away from tradition. However I do agree that international kits must be made to conform to a proper standard.

On the Scotland Argentina game, the pedantry from the officials, over the keeper taking a step off the line, turned the game into a farce.

The game had everything you'd want, and a heroic penalty save was the icing on the cake. It didn't need the officials taking over and creating a massive anti-climax.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Scotland's original away kit was yellow and pink, so the women wearing pink isn't a mile away from tradition. However I do agree that international kits must be made to conform to a proper standard.

On the Scotland Argentina game, the pedantry from the officials, over the keeper taking a step off the line, turned the game into a farce.

The game had everything you'd want, and a heroic penalty save was the icing on the cake. It didn't need the officials taking over and creating a massive anti-climax.
Lord Roseberry's racing colours, I believe. He was an early patron of the SFA.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 11:58pm
Chile blew their chance at a knockout spot. Missing a penalty in the last few mins to put them through as one of the best 3rd place sides. Shocker of a penalty against a keeper who looked a quarter the size of the goals.

VAR in this one taking minutes again to give what was a clear penalty. It is baffling how they are making the system such a farce. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 12:02pm
That Steph Houghton is just a female version of James Milner
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 9:45pm
Neville would want to learn how to control his players. Hans must have enjoyed the VAR decision there, only took a month!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:05pm

Neville would want to learn how to control his players. Hans must have enjoyed the VAR decision there, only took a month!

Did you think it was the right decision?
I don’t think it was a peno - she ran into her leg.
And she should have finished with her left leg.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Did you think it was the right decision?
I don’t think it was a peno - she ran into her leg.
And she should have finished with her left leg.
I could watch it another million times and still not see the foul! The referee was awful though, nothing would have helped her.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic