You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women's World Cup 2023 - 19 Jul to 20 Aug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 8:13pm
Seeing as the womens opening game has been moved to the bigger stadium, will the FAI be allocated more tickets? And if so how would I go about getting them? Any help would be appreciated.
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Seeing as the womens opening game has been moved to the bigger stadium, will the FAI be allocated more tickets? And if so how would I go about getting them? Any help would be appreciated.

Reading between the lines, it looks like it will just be a general sale  for all.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 1:21am
Did you end up getting tickets? Pretty sure it sold out as well within minutes. It's great that they moved it to a bigger stadium given the demand but the stadium itself will be brutal enough for an atmosphere. It's the olympic stadium so you're miles from the pitch plus it's a pain to get to as it's out in Western Sydney so a good our from the East on train. 

There's about 20 of us heading but pretty sure our tickets are up in the heavens
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Did you end up getting tickets? Pretty sure it sold out as well within minutes. It's great that they moved it to a bigger stadium given the demand but the stadium itself will be brutal enough for an atmosphere. It's the olympic stadium so you're miles from the pitch plus it's a pain to get to as it's out in Western Sydney so a good our from the East on train. 

There's about 20 of us heading but pretty sure our tickets are up in the heavens

There was another sale recently and again our game with the Matildas was gone in seconds.

The FAI cat 3 allocation should be in the end 14x.  We got 143-1 using the FAI code.  These are lowdown but should be a long way away as a football pitch is presumably smaller than some of the other sports played there.  

Are there Irish fans travelling still looking?  I know loads out there are.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 10:23am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

[QUOTE=Honey Monster]Did you end up getting tickets? Pretty sure it sold out as well within minutes. It's great that they moved it to a bigger stadium given the demand but the stadium itself will be brutal enough for an atmosphere. It's the olympic stadium so you're miles from the pitch plus it's a pain to get to as it's out in Western Sydney so a good our from the East on train. 

how do you know what tickets you got, I haven't got mine yet. but paid for 4 using the ago code

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 27 Apr 2023 at 10:24am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 10:32am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

[QUOTE=Honey Monster]Did you end up getting tickets? Pretty sure it sold out as well within minutes. It's great that they moved it to a bigger stadium given the demand but the stadium itself will be brutal enough for an atmosphere. It's the olympic stadium so you're miles from the pitch plus it's a pain to get to as it's out in Western Sydney so a good our from the East on train. 

how do you know what tickets you got, I haven't got mine yet. but paid for 4 using the ago code

Supporter liaison officers can pick the tickets they want.
theleprechaun View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theleprechaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 11:22am
If you log in to your FIFA account and go to 'My Tickets' you can see your tickets. 

My tickets are in the following sections:
Australia game: Block 143-1
Canada game: Block S120
Nigeria game: 331

These were bought using the FAI's access code.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by theleprechaun theleprechaun wrote:

If you log in to your FIFA account and go to 'My Tickets' you can see your tickets. 

Thanks
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 3:04pm

I can see where my tickets are  but I can't actually download the tickets. Is anyone able to download or access their digital tickets?

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by williemc83 williemc83 wrote:

I can see where my tickets are  but I can't actually download the tickets. Is anyone able to download or access their digital tickets?

it is normally closer to the time.  You should receive an email with details on an app to download.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 10:39am

Originally posted by williemc83 williemc83 wrote:

it is normally closer to the time.  You should receive an email with details on an app to download.

Thanks
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 7:14am
Tickets are now in your app. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 7:20pm
Yep, received. 

Getting close now. 
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 10:08am
Buzzing for the match against Australia now. First Ireland match since the 0-0 Draw against the North in 2018. Albeit, I have been living in Australia since just after then. 

Went regularly to home and always for a few years before moving off, 100% one of the things I miss the most about living away. 

Of course there is going to be more Australians in the stadium than us, but there will be some amount of us. Everyone I speak to here in Melbourne is travelling down to it. And loads travelling without tickets too. Roll on! COYGIG! 

Edited by Gabrieléire - 01 Jul 2023 at 10:09am
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 12:02pm
Forgot to ask, is there many on here travelling over for it?

Hopefully get a good few fans travelling over, on top of the ex-Pat population here! 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 12:26pm

Hopefully get a good few fans travelling over, on top of the ex-Pat population here! 
I know GSpain is heading over, I took my 4 tickets and gave them to Irish living in Oz,  Only when the tickets landed in my ticketing app the other day I felt I should have bitten the bullet and went. 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 01 Jul 2023 at 12:27pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 4:13pm

I’m heading down to it. Out through Shanghai and Bangkok so a few days in each of them leaving on the 10th of July and landing in Sydney on the 18th. Will be in touch for a pint! Know of a few heading down, 1/2 others without tickets for the game in Sydney too so if you hear of any let us know!
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I’m heading down to it. Out through Shanghai and Bangkok so a few days in each of them leaving on the 10th of July and landing in Sydney on the 18th. Will be in touch for a pint! Know of a few heading down, 1/2 others without tickets for the game in Sydney too so if you hear of any let us know!

Yup I'm going too.  Landing in Sydney only on the morning of the Australia match.  Queue the usual query about which Irish pub we're all meeting up in.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic