You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women Pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 1:58pm
who's this louise one in between duffer and o'neill?
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

She made a point, he slow clapped after she’d finished. Twas seen as patronising. 

She made a point....then the female host of the show addressed both Evra and Henrik Larsson and said '''she's good isn't she??". The way it's being reported you'd swear as soon as Aluko finished talking Evra piped up but in fairness he's only answering the question put to him. Unfortunately the snowflake generation have taken offence of this.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

She made a point, he slow clapped after she’d finished. Twas seen as patronising. 

She made a point....then the female host of the show addressed both Evra and Henrik Larsson and said '''she's good isn't she??". The way it's being reported you'd swear as soon as Aluko finished talking Evra piped up but in fairness he's only answering the question put to him. Unfortunately the snowflake generation have taken offence of this.

Watching it in real time I cringed. The host did make a point, but several times Evra either gave a patronizing clap or said 'wow' - it came across as ridiculously condescending.

And anyone who uses the word 'snowflake' in a context that isn't about frozen water would want to have a word with themselves.
@AntrimMan85
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Watching it in real time I cringed. The host did make a point, but several times Evra either gave a patronizing clap or said 'wow' - it came across as ridiculously condescending.

And anyone who uses the word 'snowflake' in a context that isn't about frozen water would want to have a word with themselves.
LOLClap
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:16pm
This has nothing got to do with Aluko/Evra, but it's becoming extremely annoying that TV stations feel they're at liberty to have at least one woman on the panel or co-commentating.

BT sport have a few ex England female internationals on the show at weekends and all are useless, even today on RTE Louise Quinn offered absolutely nothing, bored to tears listening to her.

Siobhan Madigan who "commentates" on Soccer Republic is so bad that I've to mute the volume. You can throw in the girl (name escapes me) who does punditry every now and again in there too, she's horrific and offers nothing.

RTE sport had Cora Staunton co-commentating on the Roscommon vs Galway game yesterday and she made numerous mistakes throughout the 70 minutes and offered no spark or anything exciting during the game. 

I know there are plenty of male pundits/commentators that are fairly sh*te too, but I'm sick of this need in modern society to fill up certain quotas for the sake of it.

Edited by Green Devil - 18 Jun 2018 at 2:19pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

This has nothing got to do with Aluko/Evra, but it's becoming extremely annoying that TV stations feel they're at liberty to have at least one woman on the panel or co-commentating.

BT sport have a few ex England female internationals on the show at weekends and all are useless, even today on RTE Louise Quinn offered absolutely nothing, bored to tears listening to her.

Siobhan Madigan who "commentates" on Soccer Republic is so bad that I've to mute the volume. You can throw in the girl (name escapes me) who does punditry every now and again in there too, she's horrific and offers nothing.

RTE sport had Cora Staunton co-commentating on the Roscommon vs Galway game yesterday and she made numerous mistakes throughout the 70 minutes and offered no spark or anything exciting during the game. 

I know there are plenty of male pundits/commentators that are fairly sh*te too, but I'm sick of this need in modern society to fill up certain quotas for the sake of it.

Yeah you're right, they should all just stay in the kitchen making the men their dinner

Edited by bhob - 18 Jun 2018 at 2:57pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:27pm
"Yeah you're right, they should all just stay in the kitchen making the men their dinner"

Great contribution there Bhob, thanks for your wonderful insight.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:31pm
Another post by GD moaning about something LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:33pm
I think the biggest problem is that the whole thing has been made massively complicated in the name of style over substance. Referees, four-strong panels and inane questions mean we get very little tactical insight or well researched responses, (which, in fairness, could be why people were surprised at Aluko's response, it was highly unusual for this World Cup!) and end up with lots of 'bantz' and bad jokes.
I have said it many times, but I don't understand why the bigger names are automatically seen as ideal pundits, I would argue as to why they would have to be former players at all. I would much rather listen to Honigstein, Auclair, Wilson or Marcotti than Rio or Wrighty. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Apologies for having an opinion on Women Pundits in the Women Pundits thread Confused

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:35pm

Apologies for having an opinion on Women Pundits in the Women Pundits thread Confused

Apology accepted, now back to another thread with you to cry about the non penalty on Jesus last night or about the transfer rumours for different teams annoying you Thumbs Up
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:38pm
Perhaps something for the unpopular opinion thread, but I actually like Ian Wright.

There's something about Ruud Gullit that I find incredible irritating though

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:42pm

Apology accepted, now back to another thread with you to cry about the non penalty on Jesus last night or about the transfer rumours for different teams annoying you Thumbs Up

The same way you whinge and moan whenever Han's writes something you don't agree with?

Good man 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Perhaps something for the unpopular opinion thread, but I actually like Ian Wright.

Impossible! Even his kids moved to America to get away from him!

Edited by pre Madonna - 18 Jun 2018 at 2:45pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Impossible! Even his kids moved to America to get awy from him!

LOL

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:45pm
LOL They're only his step sons are they not?

Where is Hans these days?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:47pm
Bhob and GD, you two feck off to bebo or FB messenger there lads

Edited by Sham157 - 18 Jun 2018 at 2:48pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:53pm
Strange comment given I made a point on the topic at hand?

I didn't ask for nor bring in the childish remarks, that was Bhob.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic