Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women Pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women Pundits
    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:16am
I asked this question on Twitter and nobody has yet answered it.............

I read where Evra was labeled a sexist after he applauded some comments by woman pundit Aluko during one of the weekend games.

So it's safe to say he was agreeing with her.

So if Evra had disagreed with Aluko, would he have gotten slaughtered as well?

Wouldn't be a fan of Evra by any means, just curious for folks opinions on this.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I read where Evra was labeled a sexist after he applauded some comments by woman pundit Aluko during one of the weekend games.

Wouldn't be a fan of Evra by any means, just curious for folks opinions on this.

WTF he was sexist because he agreed with her ? Confused

Bizarre as f**k 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:23am
She made a point, he slow clapped after she’d finished. Twas seen as patronising. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:24am
Didn't see it. Does sound patronising, but would hardly call it sexist.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:29am
Saw it, commented at the time it was patronizing as f***.

I'd say he's rightly getting called out for it.

Now, to counteract the above piece of PC-ness, Alex Scott is an absolute ride!
@AntrimMan85
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:31am
when is the septic tank on RTE? Haven't seen her yet
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:32am
I think certain particularly sensitive souls saw his clapping as condescending/patronising, however having watched the clip it didn't come across that way to me. Think the presenter kind of gestured to him in a 'not bad, eh?' kind of way and he just agreed really.

As you say I was left wondering how else he was supposed to react! Generally speaking I have a large enough dislike for Patrice Evra but don't think he did anything wrong on this occasion.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:32am
Maybe Evra was applauding as she'd made him a great cup of tea during the ad breaks

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 18 Jun 2018 at 11:46am
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:55am

Haven't seen it but would he have acted as surprised/amazed and applauded if it were a male? If not (and I highly doubt he would have), it is sexist.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:01am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Haven't seen it but would he have acted as surprised/amazed and applauded if it were a male? If not (and I highly doubt he would have), it is sexist.
I just watched it and it is exactly how I would see it. Pretty disgusting from Evra.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:30am
Female host starts it off with an equally patronising "she's good isn't she".

Of course that can't fit the narrative of men bad women good, so we won't mention it.

Anybody offended by that is a tit.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:38am
aluko had done her homework and was very impressive in her detail. pretty sure evra was taken back by how good aluko was, but he should have been professional and not reacted in that way.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:43am
Slow news day today
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Slow news day today

Why so?
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:55am

Slow news day today

That's right it's the news part of Sport. Sports Journalism.
Correctly identifying the Industry is a route to challenging the equality Ground exclusion in the workplace.

What resources do National Union of Journalists or Soccer Writers Association of Ireland invest in challenging breaches of Equality Grounds in their industry (in currency)?

And of course, If it's about Media, shouldn't this be in the Whatever section?
www.ucdsupporters.ie
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:30pm
Thanks lads, I was just curious as I didn't see it and probably just as well I didn't.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Slow news day today

That's right it's the news part of Sport. Sports Journalism.
Correctly identifying the Industry is a route to challenging the equality Ground exclusion in the workplace.

What resources do National Union of Journalists or Soccer Writers Association of Ireland invest in challenging breaches of Equality Grounds in their industry (in currency)?

And of course, If it's about Media, shouldn't this be in the Whatever section?

'bout 3 fiddy!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 1:15pm

I’m not one for entertaining the pc flock but this one is pretty patronising to look at FW. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic