Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wolves fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 10:49am
See Saunders has been sacked. Wolves are gone as bad as Blackburn now.
Sponsored Links

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 10:55am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

See Saunders has been sacked. Wolves are gone as bad as Blackburn now.
To be fair, the depressed Rob Brydon impersonator wouldn't encourage an obese child to eat crisps.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:01am
They're f**ked. They could end up doing what they did in the mid 80s when they go relegated 3 times in a row and ended up in Division 4. It took them 6 years to get back to the 2nd tier and another 11 to get back to the top flight.
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 3:20pm
they could have had steve bruce at the start of season, oooooooooooooops !
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:48pm
Former wolves Director Kevin Threlfall blaming Mick

The multi-millionaire Wolves supporter served under both Sir Jack Hayward and current owner Steve Morgan in a two-year stint.

And today offers a rare insight into the behind-the-scenes decision-making which have played a key role in the team’s fall from grace.

Astonishingly, Threlfall claims the board were “frightened” of former boss McCarthy and didn’t question enough his choice of in-coming transfers.

Threlfall said: "Mick would decide who he wanted to buy and the rest of the board would have absolutely no input in the process.

"The best we could ever get out of him was ‘he will do us a job.’ We were always operating on Mick’s word, there was no due diligence on these players and we have paid the price.

"I’m afraid a lot of the blame for where we are now lies at Mick’s door.”

As Threlfall broke his silence on his two years on the board today, he urged the addition of a senior director of football figure to prevent the mistakes of the past being repeated.

But whatever changes come the way of Wolves, the owner walking away is not one of them, according to Threlfall.

He said: “He is the right man to take the club forward. We can’t have another sea change.

"We can’t get rid of a board and bring in a new owner just like that. I would urge the fans to back them.

“And I tell you something – they should not under-estimate the drive of Steve now to prove wrong all the critics.

"You don’t do what he has done in life without being a very driven man. He will not like what has happened, not one bit.

"He will be committed to getting back in the Premier League and he will get far more pleasure out of doing that, because he will then feel he has put his mark on the place.

“He will not be in the least bit interested selling the club and giving up on it.

"The Steve Morgan I know is not going to rest until he has made the right decisions to take Wolves back
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 11:16pm
Very interesting quotes about our Mick there. Personally, I wouldn't usually buy into blaming a manager who has been sacked over a year ago for all that gone wrong since at the same club. In this case though Mick has to take a massive proportion of the blame. 

The players left behind by McCarthy were appalling mostly, most importantly though they were on massively inflated contracts which meant none of them could be shipped on really. Some amount of dead wood at that club in the last 2 years player wise. The squad left by McCarthy and the fact they appointed Terry Connor to save them {who seems a genuinely good guy, but had no track record in management} was a recipe for disaster.

Does anybody else here agree with me that McCarthy record as a manager is not decent at all? I genuinely believe is record is pretty poor. That added to the fact most fellas think he's the 'salt of the earth' good guy grates me. He has made a number of negative comments about Wolves in the last 12 months, which any decent human being would not have made or else just wished them well and moved on.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 12:25pm
Owen Coyle next Wolves manager ?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Owen Coyle next Wolves manager ?
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
LOLLOLLOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 1:59pm
i personally think this threlfall fella just lumping all their problems onto mick. i believe that jez moxey fella is their chief exec., and would have a huge say in signings and contract negotiations ? mick made some mistakes there but got wolves into the prem after cost cutting at the club.
    as for this threlfall fella saying getting back into premier league, i think they have to get out of league 1 first ? people like this bloke behind the scenes are part of the reason wolves are where they are - that club needs to pull together, too late now to be pointing fingers.
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

i personally think this threlfall fella just lumping all their problems onto mick. i believe that jez moxey fella is their chief exec., and would have a huge say in signings and contract negotiations ? mick made some mistakes there but got wolves into the prem after cost cutting at the club.
    as for this threlfall fella saying getting back into premier league, i think they have to get out of league 1 first ? people like this bloke behind the scenes are part of the reason wolves are where they are - that club needs to pull together, too late now to be pointing fingers.

You could say the same about QPR
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 2:48pm
could do far worse than appoint kenny jackett. decent manager at that level and a steady hand. 

will get them promoted with that squad handy enough
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 4:47pm
Kenny Jackett has got the Wolves job.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 5:08pm
Progress alright LOLLOL I've no sympathy for their position brought it on themselves let them weasel down in league 1 with exotic trips like s****horpe and carlisle while the great Mick will chase promotion to the PL this season where he belongs SmileSmile
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 10:41pm
Come on the wolves!!! Lets see what happens in league 1. Preston first up away game 3 August.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 1:29am
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/07/wolves-must-cut-squad-if-they-qualify-for-europe-after-ffp-breach-uefa

Disgusting cheats
Put an asterisk beside their name
FFP is dead

And other assorted headlines 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 1:43am
You need a shag Baggio.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 11:11pm
City should pen a letter to get Wolves kicked out of next years Europa League 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

City should pen a letter to get Wolves kicked out of next years Europa League 
Suppose at least UEFA will be able to read it all if its an actual penned letterShocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic