You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willo Flood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Willo Flood
    Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:40am

Flood hoping to catch Trap's eye on return to Scotland

By Ruaidhri O'Connor

Saturday July 02 2011

AN Ireland cap may be the furthest thing from Willo Flood's mind right now, but he hasn't given up on his dreams of wearing the green jersey.

Once the shining Irish light of his generation, the 26-year-old has returned to Dundee United in order to reignite a career stalled by injury -- and Tony Mowbray.

If an Ireland call were to come his way, he'd jump at the chance and the Dubliner says he can't understand the mentality of those who don't answer Ireland's call.

"Do you know what? With everything that has gone on in the last 18 months, two years, I wouldn't even think about an Ireland cap," he said.

"I'm only 26, I would like one cap, you know? I've seen a few players that don't deserve caps who got caps and I wouldn't mind being one of them even.

"I don't understand players not turning up. I just think it's in your blood to represent your country and I just can't get my head around why people wouldn't turn up."

As a former trainee at Manchester City, Flood is close to Stephen Ireland and has to agree to disagree with his old team-mate about his decision to stay away from international football.

Flood reckons there will be no going back, but he believes Ireland will get back to playing his best football soon.

complex

"Stephen is a complex character," he said. "I just think that's his decision and he's just strong minded about his decisions. He's always been strong minded, even as a kid. I don't think there's any going back on it.

"He felt as if he had a bit of a rough time and he felt he'd be better off with his family in England. It's only a matter of time before he gets back to his best."

Flood has had a difficult time since his dream move to Celtic went sour under Mowbray.

Gordon Strachan lured him to Middlesbrough and he took to life in the Championship well, but injury haunted him, the manager was sacked and in came Mowbray again. "I think it's safe to say that Tony Mowbray doesn't fancy me as a player," he said with a wry smile.

"I definitely knew the second time, but to be fair I knew the first time. The last 18 months has been the hardest part of my football career.

"With the injuries, it takes it's toll and that's why I've come to back. Me and the manager (Stephen Thompson) get on well and I've played my best football under him so hopefully I can pick up where I left off."

Sponsored Links

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:45am
Thanks for that. Had been just wondering the other day if Willo had any desire to play for his country.I can now put that issue to bed.
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Thanks for that. Had been just wondering the other day if Willo had any desire to play for his country.I can now put that issue to bed.
You're welcome.
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 7:14am
 "I just think it's in your blood to represent your country.."Clap This is the type of chap that we should be looking seriously at for development in the senior sideHeartThumbs UpThumbs Up. Sod off to the Irelands, McCarthys, McCanns etc etc etc- they should just have to wait. Gwan Willo. Get stuck in there boyClap
5 goals to go Robbie!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

"I just think it's in your blood to represent your country.."Clap This is the type of chap that we should be looking seriously at for development in the senior sideHeartThumbs UpThumbs Up. Sod off to the Irelands, McCarthys, McCanns etc etc etc- they should just have to wait. Gwan Willo. Get stuck in there boyClap

What has McCann done wrong Confused

James McCarthy is ten times the player Willo Flood is what are you talking about...

He hasnt much hope getting in our midfield thats for sure , maybe a squad player at best...We have so many better options than this guy!!!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:35am
Willo's nothing better than a journeyman pro in my opinion, hope he makes an ok living at it, but I wouldn't ever rate him as international class from what I've seen of him, very unlucky with injuries also.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Sloop John G Sloop John G wrote:

You're welcome.

The only time anyone will ever thank you on this forum ya absolute tool, was sure you were banned for good Confused

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:59am
Eh Sono what's wrong with posting this article?  
Sloop John (whoever he may be Wink) has been behaving himself so let sleeping dogs lie Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by Sloop John G Sloop John G wrote:

You're welcome.

The only time anyone will ever thank you on this forum ya absolute tool, was sure you were banned for good Confused

I thought the sarcasm was fairly obvious!!LOL
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:02am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Eh Sono what's wrong with posting this article?  
Sloop John (whoever he may be Wink) has been behaving himself so let sleeping dogs lie Thumbs Up

He will crack soon, only a matter of time before we have another meltdown thread.

LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK

Sleepy

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:26am
Yeah lets put Willo Flood into the team instead of McCarthy and Ireland.Confused

I wont even attempt to judge him with Chris McCann as he seems incapable of kicking a ball and not getting injured.

Some people really need to get their heads examined with the sh*t they come up with on here.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:33am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Yeah lets put Willo Flood into the team instead of McCarthy and Ireland.Confused

I wont even attempt to judge him with Chris McCann as he seems incapable of kicking a ball and not getting injured.

Some people really need to get their heads examined with the sh*t they come up with on here.

Its all about the heart and passion LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:37am
He would have a hard time getting a place in the centre of midfield let alone out wide where we have myriad options, Duff, McGeady, Hunt, Lawrence, Fahey, Treacy, Hoolahan at a stretch. The poor lad is just too feeble.
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 11:08am
Good to hear, who knows he could maybe make some squads if he starts playing as well up at Tannadice as he did in his previous spell. He's had a rough go of it...move to Celtic was a terrible decision
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 11:12am
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

Good to hear, who knows he could maybe make some squads if he starts playing as well up at Tannadice as he did in his previous spell. He's had a rough go of it...move to Celtic was a terrible decision
Absolutely brutal, spending that money on him when it could have been spent on Fletcher cost us the league that year
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 1:47pm
Flood is an honest grafter but that is all he is...
They are all w**kers. john lydon.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

What has McCann done wrong Confused

James McCarthy is ten times the player Willo Flood is what are you talking about...

He hasnt much hope getting in our midfield thats for sure , maybe a squad player at best...We have so many better options than this guy!!!
Mc Cann hasn't played in a green shirt since he deserted the team claiming that being on the ROI subs bench was a waste of his time-two hours before kickoff in 2007! Mc Carthy-I'm fed up talking about(and I don't care how good you guys claim he is.) Finally Green Devil I stick by my point- give me ten Mc Carthys for one player with some HEART and I would choose the likes of Willo any day! I'd rather a PLAYER than a NO-SHOW any day!

Edited by Trapcandoit - 02 Jul 2011 at 5:51pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 5:57pm
ClapGwan Willo more power to ye boyClap ClapClapClapClap

Edited by Trapcandoit - 02 Jul 2011 at 7:03pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic