Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willo Flood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 4:21pm
the quote that i was replying to was "The standard in the SPL is as bad as it ever was"

which is complete and utter bollox, very fecking lazy too

great season so far

join me in its thread then folks
Sponsored Links

The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:30pm
As I said I've been keeping an eye out for Flood this season Tony, the standard is very poor - I'm sure it's entertaining for a Celtic fan
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:56am
Willo is a sound chap!

Had a great chat with him for the radio show and podcast this week and he gives good insight into the problems with underage football in Ireland compared to Scotland where he is an agent now ,He's also told me a mad story about getting robbed at knifepoint by a Man City fan and how he was treated at Celtic!

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:07am
Played against us in school football years ago and always remember thinking this fella is going to be world class and would look out for his progress.

Never quite made it consistently at the top but decent career for himself. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 12:03pm
Interesting interview. Particularly the part where he talked about not playing enough football between 19 and 21. A lot of our current younger players falling into the same trap as he did - Connell, Coventry, Kilkenny and so on.

Especially the players that have come through the Irish system. As he says, they're already behind and playing catch up when they go over so they need to be playing games regularly from 19, 20 onwards.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Interesting interview. Particularly the part where he talked about not playing enough football between 19 and 21. A lot of our current younger players falling into the same trap as he did - Connell, Coventry, Kilkenny and so on.

Especially the players that have come through the Irish system. As he says, they're already behind and playing catch up when they go over so they need to be playing games regularly from 19, 20 onwards.

Very true , He brought it up a few times and it was interesting to hear that the training methods hadn't changed since his days at Cherry Orchard.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic