You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will we have the biggest away support?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will we have the biggest away support?
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:24pm
Sorry if this has been covered before but surely we will have the biggest away support at the Euros?

The traditional big travellers: Holland, England & perhaps Germany are all in the Ukraine...

With 20k + Irish going, surley no one will match it? Croatia will have a decent following too but we should outnumber the Italians and Spanish 3-1 easy.

Sponsored Links

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:25pm
Czech Republic
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:30pm
4th biggest apparently, one of them be the poles so probably 3rd away
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:57pm
who are the other 2 nvidic?
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

who are the other 2 nvidic?

No idea, JD said it in interview we had 4th most applications for tickets, seeing how many ukraine tickets were on the portal would discard them, poland, Czech and Russians would be my guess
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:09pm
hopefully they'll be a good number of supporters from the other teams in our group. Always good craic when on the lash with Italian fans and Croats like a good sup too Big smile
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:39pm
It's one thing basing it on applications but anecdotally it seems like we have a monster crowd traveling... I suppose the Czechs won't have to stay in Poland and there would be a lot Russia transplants all over Europe so perhaps we're not the biggest travellers.
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:59pm

I mean apart from the home nations.

The Russians will have a big following but a lot of that will be Russians living in Poland/ Ukraine.

I'd be supprised if the Czech's had more than us.

baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 2:29pm

GERMANY ALLEGEDLY OUTSIDE OF THE HOME NATIONS. THEY'VE TAKEN 20K OF TICKETS.

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

All their group games are in Wroclaw which is right beside the Czech border.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

I mean apart from the home nations.

The Russians will have a big following but a lot of that will be Russians living in Poland/ Ukraine.

All the Czech games are in Wroclaw. It's less than 100km from the Polish border. It's a four hour drive from Prague. That's like the drive from Dublin to Dingle. There is no doubt the Czechs will be the best supported team aside from Poland, maybe even better than Ukraine.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 2:45pm
Czech v Greece tickets have been readily available on the portal.

I think we'll have more than the Czechs.

Germans will travel in big numbers for the later rounds but not to Ukraine. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:25pm
The Czechs dont have much appetite for attending games.. Look at the empty seats even when we played there in 07'. No way will they have more than us.
The Fly View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

hopefully they'll be a good number of supporters from the other teams in our group. Always good craic when on the lash with Italian fans and Croats like a good sup too Big smile

Nah, I'd rather be greeted by a sea of green when I walk into the stadium in Poznan!

Edited by The Fly - 03 May 2012 at 4:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic