Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Smallbone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 41>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I know that alopecia has forced his new hairstyle, but I hope he's a success. He currently has a look that would be iconic. 

What?
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I know that alopecia has forced his new hairstyle, but I hope he's a success. He currently has a look that would be iconic. 

What?

Suffers from Alopecia and is rocking the John Joe Shelvey look now.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What?

Suffers from Alopecia and is rocking the John Joe Shelvey look now.

I get that! I was more confused with the look being iconic for some reason.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Will Smallbone on the bench for Southampton today.
Will be in the first Xi by Xmas, lovely player!
Idah Dream!
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Excellent great to see
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 6:35pm
Starts tonight!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 7:12pm
Surprising this thought he'd be getting off the bench in the next few weeks but not starting. Hopefully it goes well for him now and Southampton get a good result. Might see him get a run in the side.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I am a big fan of this lad. Has it all and is exactly the type of player we are crying out for. Great to see him starting. 
Idah Dream!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 3:05pm
Anyone watch the game? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 3:28pm
Will Smallbone (CM) - 6/10 - The youngster put in a decent shift before being subbed. Spurned a half-chance. 

Will Smallbone - 7

Smallbone was making his first start in 334 days - but you would never have known it. The midfielder took 15 minutes to get into the game but then proved to be a top player for Southampton. He was subbed off on 70 mins.

Not bad on two reviews I could find. 

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 3:29pm

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Anyone watch the game? 

Watched the last 10 mins of the first half and the whole second half.

Thought he played well, gets into the box a lot and although he looks slight, he closes down well and wins his 50/50s 

Hes really tidy in possession and controls and passes the ball really well. 

Southampton were the better midfield and he was definity part of the reason for that. He was subbed on the 70th minute and you could see he was tired (could have taken him off on 60-65 Mark)

All in all he was good, you can see there's a lot of quality in his game, he'll play more premier league games this season no doubt.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him in the seniors come March 

Thumbs Up 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 5:26pm
Looking at his style he really does suit the 3-4-2-1 formation that really we are best off sticking to in either of the two roles behind the striker. Hopefully he picks up regular minutes over Xmas and again it's just vital this lad stays fit to the end of the season and gets a clear run no injuries. Another injury would be a travesty.

15 odd appearances with hopefully even half of them starts between now and the end of the season would be massive. If he continues to feature  between now and March for them it should be a no brainer as regards senior squad for the friendlies also. He's a promising little player.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 2:14pm
Smallbone to pick with Hasenhuttl

No Smallbone in the Southampton squad today.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 5:39pm
Confirmed by Hassenthutl that Smallbone is out with a calf injury at the moment.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Confirmed by Hassenthutl that Smallbone is out with a calf injury at the moment.

Such a pity this hope it isn't anything serious. I do hope this lad doesn't end up completely injury prone. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 11:14pm
It's got to be a major worry going forward with Smallbone the injuries he's getting. This has kept him out for 4 weeks now if I'm not mistaken? No sign of a return either from what I can see?
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 2:28pm
Back in training according to their manager.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:40pm
Back on the bench after missing the last 7 league games.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 41>
  Share Topic