You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 24>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

That's inaccurate. I didn't predict that he'd get dropped. I predicted that his goal ratio would revert to its mean (something like 1 in 10 above League One level).

Enjoy the tug anyways. 

Didn't you say Potter at Brighton was a spoofer & would be gone in a short time, some time ago  ?
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

That's inaccurate. I didn't predict that he'd get dropped. I predicted that his goal ratio would revert to its mean (something like 1 in 10 above League One level).

Enjoy the tug anyways. 

Didn't you say Potter at Brighton was a spoofer & would be gone in a short time, some time ago  ?

No.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:53pm

Enjoy the tug anyways. 

Edit: just noticed that you've awarded McClean's goal last week to Keane. LOL

It's exactly what you said unfortunately for you.

What part of "one scored, one sert up" are you struggling with? Sleepy
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 5:57pm
If I said it, it should be easy enough to go back through the thread and find it. Post up my comments about Keane being dropped when you find them.

Here's what you said meanwhile: "2 goals in the Championship so far".

Normally players who assist the goal aren't credited with the goal.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 6:02pm

If I said it, it should be easy enough to go back through the thread and find it. Post up my comments about Keane being dropped when you find them.

Think he meant Wigan have scored 2 goals in the league this season
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Bingo - you sir have post-primary level comprehension skills.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 6:34pm

I know that. It's just an absurd way of stating something; minimising the fact McClean scored and extending as much credit as possible to Keane. Which is ironic, considering he threw a hissy fit last week when I omitted the fact Keane assisted McClean's goal.

Still waiting for proof of that prediction I allegedly made about Wigan dropping Keane by the way.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 7:06pm
I reckon if HH & O'Shea met at an Ireland game, they'd hug it out and become the best of friends 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 7:07pm

I know that. It's just an absurd way of stating something; minimising the fact McClean scored and extending as much credit as possible to Keane. Which is ironic, considering he threw a hissy fit last week when I omitted the fact Keane assisted McClean's goal.

Still waiting for proof of that prediction I allegedly made about Wigan dropping Keane by the way.

It's a widely accepted rule that in order to derive the meaning of a sentence, you need to read the whole sentence. 

Explain to me how stating that a team has scored two goals and one player has either scored/assisted both of them is "an absurb way of stating something"? It's about as basic a way of stating the fact as is possible LOL

McClean scored, Keane assisted - where is the minimisation? The only "minimisation" is your admission that you knowingly ommitted Keane's assist Embarrassed

As ever, it's a never ending source of amusement to me how utterly rattled you get by a player doing well simply due to his birthplace. I  personally wouldn't have Keane in our squad if everyone is fit, but I'm willing to believe my eyes and acknowledge that's he a decent player nonetheless. For you though, the possibility that he might actually be an ok footballer is more than you are willing to even countenance. It's hilarious.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 7:20pm
I've got a nagging feeling that The O'Shea is going to be absolutely insufferable on this thread every time Keane scores a Championship goal, which thankfully shouldn't happen too many times this season.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

I reckon if HH & O'Shea met at an Ireland game, they'd hug it out and become the best of friends 
I was thinking charity boxing match. You could sell out three Arena.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 3:55pm
Scores again.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 3:59pm
Penalty by Harry Keane. Wigan 1-2 Burnley.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 11:46am

Penalty by Harry Keane. Wigan 1-2 Burnley.

Explain?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 9:55pm
3rd of the season vs Huddersfield tonight. McClean also with the assist for the winner.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 3:44pm
Gave Wigan the lead after 12 minutes. Ogbene thought he had scored the equaliser only for McClean to get back and make a goal line clearance header.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 7:27pm
Going to be top irish scorer in the Ch'ship this season, I can feel it in my bones!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 7:46pm
Should be a good contest for top Irish scorer in the Championship this season. Current standings -

1. Hogan 5
2. Ogbene, Keane 4
4. Obafemi, O'Dowda, Manning, O'Shea 2
Seven players on 1 goal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 24>
  Share Topic