You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 24>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 4:39pm
Gone off injured today.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Gone off injured today.

Hopefully nothing too serious.

His run of 27 games this season was more than double than he previously manage in his career to date without an injury.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 5:17pm
Had a shot and went down holding his hamstring before limping off.

Edited by J89 - 29 Jan 2022 at 5:18pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 8:32pm
Scores a pen. 15?16? for the season?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

*Cue Hotlips saying its only in League One and dragging up his Championship record form several years ago.*
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 8:39pm
McClean grabbed one as well. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

*Cue Hotlips saying its only in League One and dragging up his Championship record form several years ago.*

He's almost 30. I think it's a genuine thing to be wary about. James Collins case in point. Gobbled them up at League One level and lower. Couldn't translate it. Eoin Doyle as well. Ross Stewart has about 10 more and can't get in the Scotland squad.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

He's almost 30. I think it's a genuine thing to be wary about. James Collins case in point. Gobbled them up at League One level and lower. Couldn't translate it. Eoin Doyle as well. Ross Stewart has about 10 more and can't get in the Scotland squad.

10 goals last season and 14 the season before is a very respectable return in the Championship, especially in a newly promoted team that fought to stay in the division.

Hasnt really worked out for him at Cardiff between their awful start and his fallout with current management but his return is far from awful 3 in 25 games with a lot of late sub appearances. Goals to minutes ratio is 1 in 4.6 games.

His 2 goals for Ireland in 14 games is still better than most of our other options / past options.

Better than Idah, Connolly, Maguire, McGoldrick, Murphy, Hogan to name a few.

Hes far from a terrible squad option for us to have.

Likewise Keane.

Beyond Robinson and Idah theres very little other options. Mediocre Championship/League One players are sadly where we're at present.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 3:24pm
Notches goal #17 of the season
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 3:24pm
Scores
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 5:01pm
Scored his 19th goal of the season today
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 1:55pm
He was the player I was most disappointed with last night. He was given a big chance to prove himself as an international striker and came up well short. He offered nothing and looked out of his depth against weak opposition. Barring an injury crisis, I'd be happy not to see him in the squad again. Scott Hogan is a better backup striker IMO.   
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 2:01pm
It’s awkward because without obvious options and an unsettled position in the team it opens the door to lads like Collins, Keane and Hogan who would have perhaps struggled to be in contention in yesteryear.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 2:01pm
Connor Sammon is available
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He needs more than just one game to be given a fair shot. He's scored 20 goals this season which is a good return.

I'd hoped he would have been a bit better too but to write him off already is poor. 
Let him go. He’s hardly going to be long term anyway.One of kenny’s more disappointing statements was that Keane had a great ‘story’. Nothing great about telling us to slide when he thought he was going to be a player.
Hurlbhoy19 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurlbhoy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 2:38pm
didnt get into the game Atal last night he is playing well for club would like to see him getting another shot but imo it will be a while after last night proformance
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 2:45pm
Once Idah is back fit he will start and we can move on from the likes of Keane, Collins and Hogan as anything but subs.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He needs more than just one game to be given a fair shot. He's scored 20 goals this season which is a good return.

I'd hoped he would have been a bit better too but to write him off already is poor. 
Let him go. He’s hardly going to be long term anyway.One of kenny’s more disappointing statements was that Keane had a great ‘story’. Nothing great about telling us to slide when he thought he was going to be a player.

I agree in that you can never write a player off after one game. I was hoping he'd hit the ground running last night in truth he was one of a few 2/10 performances. Kenny clearly has a soft spot for him like he does Hourihane bloody hell if Robbie Brady could kick a football he'd still be hopelessly married to slotting him into the side. 

I would also agree in that he's very much a short term solution and unless he massively kicks on and is playing top flight football in 3 years time himself (unlikely) I would hope we have the initial 4 (Idah Oba Connolly Troy) not to mention your Fergusons will have done what the young keepers have done to Randolph!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 24>
  Share Topic