Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Racism in Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 27>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 9:44am
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

His name is trending on Twitter,  as is the GAA club he is involved with. 
Ironically the person Patrick O'Brien's club is named after, John Mitchel, would have thoroughly agreed with his comments as Mitchel was an out and out racist who was a supporter of slavery and a propagandist for the Confederacy in the US Civil War, two of his sons even died fighting for the Confederate scum.
Indeed. I always felt it was the most apt of GAA club names.

Currently being investigated by Gardai

"Subsequently a male adult teenager has presented voluntarily at a Garda Station and has been interviewed in relation to this matter. A file is now being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions." 

Male adult teenager ? So they are 18 ?

I wonder what the excuse will be
drunk/on medication
wasn't him
his pet dog typed it
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

His name is trending on Twitter,  as is the GAA club he is involved with. 
Ironically the person Patrick O'Brien's club is named after, John Mitchel, would have thoroughly agreed with his comments as Mitchel was an out and out racist who was a supporter of slavery and a propagandist for the Confederacy in the US Civil War, two of his sons even died fighting for the Confederate scum.
Indeed. I always felt it was the most apt of GAA club names.

Currently being investigated by Gardai

"Subsequently a male adult teenager has presented voluntarily at a Garda Station and has been interviewed in relation to this matter. A file is now being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions." 

Male adult teenager ? So they are 18 ?

I wonder what the excuse will be
drunk/on medication
wasn't him
his pet dog typed it

He said he was hacked. Given you can easily check your login activity on Instagram, he better hope he was.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:43am
The language used was very North American so it's certainly possible, however as you say it should be easy enough for them to figure out either way.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:52am
Why would someone hack a Tralee kid's Instagram account from North America to abuse Ian Wright?  If he was hacked by anyone it would be some other young lad that knows him.
The language used, apart from being appalling, is just a further example of the loss of variation in English. He probably has that accent that's halfway between Dingle and Delaware too. When I hear young Irish people now I have to listen closely as they all sound like Yanks.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:22am

Why would someone hack a Tralee kid's Instagram account from North America to abuse Ian Wright?

I accept it's unlikely but you'd be surprised. When I was younger I knew this lad who was a 'computer whizz', as my folks might say, and he hacked some random kid in Canada and did a fair amount of damage to him 'for the laugh'. And especially during this lockdown there's a lot of very bored people out there with time on their hands for this stuff. Again it's obviously far more likely this isn't the case, but I wouldn't be ruling it out entirely.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:31am
I would.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The language used was very North American so it's certainly possible, however as you say it should be easy enough for them to figure out either way.
The "cotton farming" slur seemed a bit odd alright, not something I'd have thought an Irishman abusing an Englishman would have gone to.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The "cotton farming" slur seemed a bit odd alright, not something I'd have thought an Irishman abusing an Englishman would have gone to.

"c**n" and "mom" as well.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:45pm
He’s saying on his Instagram that an apology and explanation video is coming soon
He’s started a countdown clock to it

Has also said that it’s true he wasn’t hacked

Unless this is him still being hacked....
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He’s saying on his Instagram that an apology and explanation video is coming soon

Good to see that he's not enjoying the notoriety that this has brought him.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:44am

Fr Ted and missing whistle springs to mind
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 9:11am

I honestly can't wait. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 9:45am

All I can think of is a Traveller call out right to reply 
It would damage this forums' reputation
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:00am
What punishment is this clown likely to receive?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

For the racism or for having a countdown to his explanation? I feel they should be treated separately.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:05am

A political nomination from the Irish Freedom Party
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:06am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

A political nomination from the Irish Freedom Party
And a cheque from The Notorious.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:58am
He’s saying now he is having trouble uploading a video on Instagram and has appealed for help in posting a video LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 27>
  Share Topic