Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Racism in Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 27>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:02pm
Which Bulgaria players were racist last week?

Didn't stop the wall to wall coverage on that either
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Where is the wall to wall coverage of this on sky sports news like there was a few weeks ago about the Bernardo Silva tweet?

Ah ffs Baggio LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Which Bulgaria players were racist last week?

Didn't stop the wall to wall coverage on that either
Point scoring over racism is bad enough, but the ability not to see the differences are staggering!

The Bulgaria game should have been called off because of monkey noises.

The post from the Abu Dhabi player provoked debate, especially as the racist logo is still in use in Spain. The fact it came from an interaction between two well known players made it even more ‘newsworthy’. I doubt if a fan had tweeted it to a black player that there would have been as much coverage although, and this should go without saying, there would have been some.

There isn’t much to debate here. It was a stupid flag by a group of fans. It seems to be getting the right amount of coverage in comparison. That doesn’t make it any more or less right.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:16am
Bulgaria fined €75k for the racist behaviour at the England game.

That's €25k less than Nicolas Bendtner was fined for wearing Paddy Power underpants.

Good job FIFA
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

That's €25k less than Nicolas Bendtner was fined for wearing Paddy Power underpants.

Good job FIFA
If one more ignorant **** mentions this ‘fact’ I will go full Bill Foster! Bendtner wasn’t fined for showing his underpants, the money was confiscated from what Paddy Power paid him. 

It was also UEFA who imposed but sanctions, not FIFA. Otherwise you are correct.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 11:42am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Good job FIFA
If one more ignorant **** mentions this ‘fact’ I will go full Bill Foster! Bendtner wasn’t fined for showing his underpants, the money was confiscated from what Paddy Power paid him. 

It was also UEFA who imposed but sanctions, not FIFA. Otherwise you are correct.
He was fined you ignorant ****
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 12:36pm
J

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Good job FIFA

He was fined you ignorant ****
And the fine came from confiscating the money. The two incidents are in no way comparable and trying to compare them is only undermining the severity of the issue involved here. It seems every time we have a fine for racism some ignorant **** has to mention Bendtner’s smells.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 1:02pm
Dig up PM
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 1:27pm

Dig up PM
Eh? You are trying to compare underpants to racism because that is the permanently outraged’s response on social media and I need to dig up? If Bendtner has earned fifty quid or fifty million from the underwear the fine would have been close tr to either figure. It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Bulgarian fans behaviour. 

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 9:41am
I was at the Bologna game yesterday. There was some amount of monkey chants at Lukaku.  It was really loud.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 12:34am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

I was at the Bologna game yesterday. There was some amount of monkey chants at Lukaku.  It was really loud.
Do any African Italians even attend these matches in Italy? 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 8:21am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Do any African Italians even attend these matches in Italy? 
Not in the Curva anyway. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 10:32pm
Taison sent off for Shakhtar tonight for reacting to the abuse of Dynamo Kiev fans. It seems the game had been stopped due to the abuse and he was carded when it resumed.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:45pm
Racist cowards.

Taison and one of his team mates looked distraught.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 4:13pm
Over the weekend in the Premier League alone we have now had:

- Man Utd players on the receiving end of monkey chants.
- Two Wolves fans arrested in Brighton for homophobic abuse.
- a 13 year old Burnley fan under investigation for racially abusing Son Heung-min.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 7:38pm
Fair play to Gary Neville for calling it straight.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 9:54pm
Foest GReen V S****horpe was supended for a while too. For some reason always thought of it as a big stadium thing, easy to hide in a crowd of 40,000 - less so when you can hear every word

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 10:10pm
Ever been to an Irish Premiership game? It's accepted there.

Edited by Jackal - 09 Dec 2019 at 10:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 27>
  Share Topic