You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why go to Irish bars on away trips?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 3:24pm
Good meeting point/craic.

Would only go maybe the night before and pre match.

Spend the rest of the day boozing it up in local bars whilst having a walk about the cities.
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

One of the best nights we had in Tbilisi was up in some local bars in an area a few young wans recommended to us. We were in McClarens when one of the lads got talking to them so we hopped into a taxi and headed up there. There were a few other paddies up there but not too many. We had a right laugh with the locals.

That was a great craic & if we make it to Tbilisi again, would head in that direction. As regards the original post, I wouldn't really give a sh*te one way or another, if I go to a pub, whether it is Irish or local, and there is a bit of craic in it, I'll stay, if not, I'll move on. 

Didn't like the Hangar in Tbilisi at all & really only hit it around 5am on the way home from elsewhere, but McClarens was a great spot, particularly the first few nights when there was very few Irish about (or at least there wasn't til 9F & the Saint & crew showed up LOL)

McClarens was excellent alright, and listening to the Scientist murdering tunes on karaoke at 5am was a joy
Completely agree McClarens was far better than the Hangar
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 6:58pm
agreed. i preferred maclarens over the hangar but didn't spend much time in either.

quality strip of bars and restaurants between the two.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:33pm
Never mind McLarens or the hangar bar (which i enjoyed myself in anyway!).
Tbilisi was all about the Marrakech shisha bar!
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 11:26pm
I love a sing song and the only place you'll hear that is an Irish bar. Simple
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

I'm not a fan of Irish bar's on away trips but to be fair Molly Malone's in Old Town was a good place, the live entertainer was horrific but the roof terrace overlooking the square having a sing song and chill out was good.
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 12:24am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'm not a fan of Irish bar's on away trips but to be fair Molly Malone's in Old Town was a good place, the live entertainer was horrific but the roof terrace overlooking the square having a sing song and chill out was good.

Gutted to say we never drank in the old town, spent 2 nights just walking in it taking in the sights and it was lovely but the strip had us ruined all week so by the time we saw old town there was no way we could drink another drop. Jinkys bar just before the strip was the best Irish bar I've ever been in. Loved it.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 12:28am

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Gutted to say we never drank in the old town, spent 2 nights just walking in it taking in the sights and it was lovely but the strip had us ruined all week so by the time we saw old town there was no way we could drink another drop. Jinkys bar just before the strip was the best Irish bar I've ever been in. Loved it.

I went in Jinky's on the Wednesday soon as I checked in at the hotel, it's a good place, a bit hectic because of it's size and the owner was cool as f**k Clap
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Never mind McLarens or the hangar bar (which i enjoyed myself in anyway!).
Tbilisi was all about the Marrakech shisha bar!

What a f**king spot Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic