Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are Germany the best?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why are Germany the best?
    Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:45am
After watching Germany brush aside Mexico last night it got me thinking, what makes them the best football nation of all time.
Brazil have had great teams that won B2B World cups but Germany have been consistently good for the last 70 years. 
This is not a debate who is better but what makes Germany consistent winners.

World cup
4 Wins (54, 74, 90, 2014)
4 RU's
4 3rd place
1 4th place
They have 13 top 4 places out of 17 tournaments.

Euro's
3 Wins (72, 80, 96)
3 RU's

At the underage levels they don't stand out.
FIFA U 20 world cup they only have won it once and one RU. (Argentina 6, Brazil 5)
Never won the FIFA U 17 (Nigeria 5, Brazil 3)

At the UEFA U21 they have 1 win (Italy 5, Spain 4)
At the UEFA U19 they have 6 wins (Spain 10, England 9, France 8, Russia 6)

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 30 Jun 2017 at 1:30pm

Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:47am
Competent Administrators running the game alongside proper coaching systems
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:52am
You would have to take into consideration several factors -

Population
Football is the number 1 sport by a good bit in the country, I would guess?
A competitive, profitable and self-sufficient domestic league
They're a rich country
They're a well run and administered country
They produce good football coaches
Good grass-roots system for football

Due to all the above, they produce good players.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 30 Jun 2017 at 9:53am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:55am
The national psyche. Humility, determination and intelligence. Prepared to work hard and make the necessary sacrifices to achieve as much as possible. Inherent desire as a nation not to be judged on sins of the past.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

The national psyche. Humility, determination and intelligence. Prepared to work hard and make the necessary sacrifices to achieve as much as possible. Inherent desire as a nation not to be judged on sins of the past.
ClapClapClap

As I am 1/8th German, I totally agree with this.

Germans excel at everything.

Think of something, anything and most likely a German invented it.

Regarding football, their ability to start again with a clean slate after 1998 and 2000 tournament failures shows that they were not arrogant enough (like the English) to realise they needed to change.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Most definitely. Denis Irwin makes a strong point as well . DFB know how to run a show
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

You would have to take into consideration several factors -

Population
Similar to England, Italy, France and less than Russia

Football is the number 1 sport by a good bit in the country, I would guess?
Could say the same for most countries

A competitive, profitable and self-sufficient domestic league
Ditto

They're a rich country
They are rich because they are Germans.
France and England could be the same.

They're a well run and administered country
Ditto

They produce good football coaches
Ditto

Good grass-roots system for football
Ditto

Due to all the above, they produce good players.
Ditto
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

World cup

They have 13 top 4 places out of 17 tournaments.

That has to be one of the most impressive stats in all of football! Insane.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:17am
Think Baggio and Cabra Hoop summed it up perfectly.

Well run and determined mindset.

The biggest thing is when they lose they don't sulk about it they look at what went wrong and look to improve.

Would recommend Rafa Honigsteins book detailing what they done after Euro 2000 to change things up.

As a German friend of mine said they have a Yoda style way of looking at things

"Do or do not there is no try"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:17am
Should have mentioned the German mentality as well. Thought of it after I'd posted that. Young German footballers are less likely to get carried away with their wealth when they reach 16 or 17, firstly because they're probably not on silly money like an English footballer of the same age, and secondly they're more likely to be a bit more grounded.

Not sure England produce good football coaches?

Team sports such as Cricket and Rugby are also big in England, but not Germany

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 30 Jun 2017 at 10:19am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:18am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Would recommend Rafa Honigsteins book detailing what they done after Euro 2000 to change things up.
Das Reboot
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Should have mentioned the German mentality as well. Thought of it after I'd posted that. Young German footballers are less likely to get carried away with their wealth when they reach 16 or 17, firstly because they're probably not on silly money like an English footballer of the same age, and secondly they're more likely to be a bit more grounded.
They look at it as a long term career.

Playing - education - coaching - administrating (whatever)

It's wouldn't be their ambition to become a tv pundit.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Das Reboot

That's the one couldn't think of the name.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:23am
Germans are sticklers for rules and are very disciplined.  They believe in the collective whole rather than individual greed and have a very strong work ethic.

As for us we are me feiners, disregard rules, lack discipline, and like to cut corners.

It aint rocket science.  Any population with those characteristics will be a success.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Germans are sticklers for rules and are very disciplined.  They believe in the collective whole rather than individual greed and have a very strong work ethic.

As for us we are me feiners, disregard rules, lack discipline, and like to cut corners.

It aint rocket science.  Any population with those characteristics will be a success.

Very true,be it 3am or 3pm,no cars coming,they wait until the light goes green to cross the road.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Very true,be it 3am or 3pm,no cars coming,they wait until the light goes green to cross the road.

Aye. Was in Berlin at 3am back in 2012 and no traffic around, streets empty. This geezer was standing patiently at a red man waiting for it to go green.  I was thinking ''what's wrong with ye!''  as I just crossed the road.  Paddy doesn't like rules.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:41am

There's a name for it - it's called Protestantism.

Look also at the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden Finland etc it's no coincidence.

Then look at the corruption in Ireland and Mediterranean countries - all Catholic.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

There's a name for it - it's called Protestantism.

Look also at the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden Finland etc it's no coincidence.

Then look at the corruption in Ireland and Mediterranean countries - all Catholic.

How do you explain Britain then ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic