Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are England NOT the best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Man City fan giving lectures about removing the blinkers in relation to Aguero in an England National team thread... classic!

I never complained about the Lovren-Aguero incident on here once. I've just said I still can't decide if it should have been a penalty or not.
Take who I, you or anyone else supports out of it, and read my point again.

Had Aguero or Rodrigo gone down when there was contact in the penalty box in the last 10 days i'd be pretty sure both would have been awarded a penalty.

Think the Aguero one was a definite penalty myself. Agree that if he had gone down he probably would have gotten it. 

Pickford on Rodrigo though. Jaysus LOL if a lad has to fall down in a situation like that to win a penalty then football is truly f*cked. He is blatantly fouled a few times by Pickford, all while the 5th official (that what those eejits are called?) is right next to it, the linesman directly across from it. Those officials should be removed from any decent level of football for good after a non call like that.

It wasn't just a penalty either. It was a red and a penalty that had to be given by any competent referee. So it could well have been 3-2 and England hanging on for 30 odd mins a man short. Luckily for them they got one of the many morons parading around as a football official these days.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:25pm
England have never been on the wrong end of calls or decisions from the referee in any game before though.

So let's just ignore the fact they won the game, but we'll all keep the blinkers on as per usual on here when talking about England. No credit can be given. 

Southgate and Martinez, two spoofers many on here were calling them LOL

Belgium have lost twice in 2 years and England have went an beaten Spain away and got to a World Cup Semi Final.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

What you looking a boat for? You would be safer getting a point to your comments. Your only point here is that I support City.
Relax ya mad ting LOL

Everyone can see my point.

You reference every injustice in football back to something that happened to your beloved City.

You'd never have survived the 70s and 80s with all the bribery and corruption that went on.

Bit paranoid there when I referenced a very recent incident in a game against your beloved club, to compare it to one in last nights match. Again, I can only apologise for any offence caused to you.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 Oct 2018 at 2:53pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:33pm
I still think Martinez is a spoofer. Their tactics in the semi-final were ridiculous.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Man City fan giving lectures about removing the blinkers in relation to Aguero in an England National team thread... classic!

I never complained about the Lovren-Aguero incident on here once. I've just said I still can't decide if it should have been a penalty or not.
Take who I, you or anyone else supports out of it, and read my point again.

Had Aguero or Rodrigo gone down when there was contact in the penalty box in the last 10 days i'd be pretty sure both would have been awarded a penalty.

Think the Aguero one was a definite penalty myself. Agree that if he had gone down he probably would have gotten it. 

How dare you. Gary going to be fuming.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

England have never been on the wrong end of calls or decisions from the referee in any game before though.

So let's just ignore the fact they won the game, but we'll all keep the blinkers on as per usual on here when talking about England. No credit can be given. 

Belgium have lost twice in 2 years and England have went an beaten Spain away and got to a World Cup Semi Final.

England were brilliant. You can reference the shots on target or possession all you like but they were brilliant and fully deserved the win. Missing a few players as well and fielded their youngest starting XI in decades. They have a great squad at the minute.
Made Spain's defence look pathetic in the first half and had the game won by half time.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I still think Martinez is a spoofer. Their tactics in the semi-final were ridiculous.

At the same time he deserved great credit for the turnaround against Japan.

France are a better side than Belgium (not by miles or anything) and their class shown through in the end. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:36pm

I seem to recall something about a handball. Sort of like us, they don't like to go on about it though.
@AntrimMan85
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:37pm

England were brilliant. You can reference the shots on target or possession all you like but they were brilliant and fully deserved the win. Missing a few players as well and fielded their youngest starting XI in decades. They have a great squad at the minute.
Made Spain's defence look pathetic in the first half and had the game won by half time.

Huh.....?

I'm not debating that they didn't deserve to win, I thought that was rather clear no?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:37pm

France are a better side than Belgium (not by miles or anything) and their class shown through in the end. 
And a better manager wouldn't have been two down! The fact that it took him until they were two down to start crossing a ball in was ridiculous.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:42pm

Huh.....?

I'm not debating that they didn't deserve to win, I thought that was rather clear no?

I wasn't disagreeing with your post. Just adding to the bit about people on here talking about England with the blinkers on.
They've a serious squad there at the minute and Southgate is doing some job. If Phil Foden comes through as the player everyone says he will, then that could be their problem area solved as well.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 Oct 2018 at 2:43pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:44pm

And a better manager wouldn't have been two down! The fact that it took him until they were two down to start crossing a ball in was ridiculous.

You can't be so sure, Japan to a man were brilliant on the night.

Belgium's finishing in the first half left a lot to be desired.

As I said previously about Martinez, Belgium's way of playing/tactics etc were winning them game after game before and during the World Cup and it's extremely hard to just change things up at random.

The simply fact is, when a change and tweak was required against Japan he delivered. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:52pm
@Baggio, I think it was a year or two on here I highlighted that England were doing really well at various underage levels, between winning u20 World Cup, getting to Finals of European Championships etc with Southgate firmly linked to what was going on below the under 21's when he was in charge.

Sancho, Foden, Gomez, Trent, Rashford etc absolute frightening potential in this team.

Funninly enough the majority of the "Young Lions" teams have this swagger about them, that they're not feeling inferior to French, German or Spanish underage teams and are very much competiting.

Mentality was always a problem for English sides despite having so many top players in their squads.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:57pm
I would disagree, Belgium came out and looked like they just had to turn up. I thought it was scandalous! I was also saying to get it in the box early from the tenth minute( I had a bet!) and it took going two down.

He is another manager with only one way of playing, no matter what.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:53pm
Not sure if it was Sterling's first or 2nd goal last night but it was a fantastic team move.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 7:08pm
I'm delighted for Sterling, one of the most honest and likable of the modern footballers.He certainly doesn't deserve the stick he gets from the media.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 7:24pm
Pickfords pass for the first goal, and the move after that was brilliant. But the pass especially from the keeper to Winks was unreal I thought
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 7:26pm

Pickfords pass for the first goal, and the move after that was brilliant. But the pass especially from the keeper to Winks was unreal I thought

Must have been the 2nd goal I seen, ball gets played back to him and it looks like he miss hits it to Kane in the middle of the pitch.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425>
  Share Topic