You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are England NOT the best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 25>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 4:55pm
Oh and of course a media trying their best to destroy them at every opportunity!
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Spain were better last night but no way was that a foul on De Gea at the end. Should have been a draw. 

+1
Bad decision by the official behind the goals, and bad mistake by De Gea, he should have punched it.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:00am
Originally posted by The Tribesman The Tribesman wrote:

13 It's so tough to make it to the top, what was that stat something like of the 1.5 Million under 18s who play organized football at any given time only about 180 will make it to playing 1 game in The Premiership! Please correct me on that!
Correct.
Success rate of 0.012%

Also ;
50 Irish kids go to England every year, 18 sign contracts.
94% of these never get a second contract.
75% come home and never play LOI level.

There are 130 former players currently in prison in the UK.
Most are under 25 and are for drugs offences.

40% of pro footballers go bankrupt within 5 years of leaving the game.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:03am

Why are England not the best?

8 Having some of their more talented young ladz stolen from them - Lawrenson, Townsend, which is continuing to this day - Ampadu!Big smile

Would have had miniscule impact on their results over the years, if any.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

13 It's so tough to make it to the top, what was that stat something like of the 1.5 Million under 18s who play organized football at any given time only about 180 will make it to playing 1 game in The Premiership! Please correct me on that!
Correct.
Success rate of 0.012%

Also ;
50 Irish kids go to England every year, 18 sign contracts.
94% of these never get a second contract.
75% come home and never play LOI level.

There are 130 former players currently in prison in the UK.
Most are under 25 and are for drugs offences.

40% of pro footballers go bankrupt within 5 years of leaving the game.

That’s some stat regarding the Irish kids.
What’s the success rate of making the championship/league one? That’s still making it big IMO.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:36am
England are actively targetting Tom Cairney from Fulham by the looks of it!

Hasn't yet played competitively for Scotland and Southgate seems keen on getting him on board with England. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

England are actively targetting Tom Cairney from Fulham by the looks of it!

Hasn't yet played competitively for Scotland and Southgate seems keen on getting him on board with England. 

Gareth Southgate is a right fuvking snake
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:03pm
Gareth Southgate doing everything he can so that his team can be as successful as possible.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:06pm
Southgate and the FA doing everything that sny competent setup would do, tie down as many future prospects as possible. It's just common sense.

Our lot on the other hand are an utter f*cking disgrace. Gifted the chance to tie down god knows how many younger players in Mickey mouse competitive games, we have Mike Bassett calling up Benson and Hedges, 46 year old lads playing in the non league.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:09pm
England v Belgium lost
V Colombia draw
V Sweden won
V Croatia lost
V Belgium lost
V Spain Lost
V Croatia draw

Southgate is playing the ‘future’ card well as that’s a terrible run of results - one win in 7.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:38pm
I watched the highlights and they were by far the better team. Rashford missed a couple of sitters that he really should be scoring. When you add in young lads like Foden to what is a fairly young core group of players I think he can get away with the future card for a little longer.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:35pm
This thread title hurts my brain
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

England v Belgium lost
V Colombia draw
V Sweden won
V Croatia lost
V Belgium lost
V Spain Lost
V Croatia draw

Southgate is playing the ‘future’ card well as that’s a terrible run of results - one win in 7.
And that win was against the poorest team to make the QFs.
He certainly gets the easiest ride from the English football media than any England manager before and any manager in the top leagues. And I don’t thinks defeat to Croatia will make much difference if they they were to loose In November. Timing.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:31pm

England v Belgium lost
V Colombia draw
V Sweden won
V Croatia lost
V Belgium lost
V Spain Lost
V Croatia draw

Sorry, I suppose losing to the sides who finished 2nd and 3rd in the World Cup is unforgiveable.

Not to mention to a Spanish side filled with some of the best players in the world in their side. 

They deserved to beat Croatia the other night also, but we'll ignore that because it doesn't fit the agenda on here. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

England v Belgium lost
V Colombia draw
V Sweden won
V Croatia lost
V Belgium lost
V Spain Lost
V Croatia draw

And that win was against the poorest team to make the QFs.
He certainly gets the easiest ride from the English football media than any England manager before and any manager in the top leagues. And I don’t thinks defeat to Croatia will make much difference if they they were to loose In November. Timing.

After the World Cup he deserves a shot at the Euro’s but I’m very surprised the English media aren’t questioning the poor run of results.

Spain have not been beaten at home since 2003 (Greece) in a competitive match. That’s some record.
One win in 8 coming up.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:46am
When the English media lose the run of themselves over their football team, we rightly love to point out the ridiculous nature of it. Likewise, I feel the same is necessary here. He may well have got very lucky in getting to a World Cup semi-final, given how ordinary Croatia have looked since you could argue he possibly could even have done better that day,regardless though, the reason he hasn't been criticised is that he has instilled belief and hope into their national team again.
It may well not work out, I am still not sure how good a manager he actually is, although his personality certainly seems suited more to international football than the club game, but before the tournament England fans, as well as large sections of the media, were talking about the last 16 or the quarter-finals as their goal. He surpassed that.
The talk for the Nations League was, by and large, not to get relegated. Again, he is well on course for that and probably should have four points instead of one.
Wanting them to fail doesn't exactly mean they are failing.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:23am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

When the English media lose the run of themselves over their football team, we rightly love to point out the ridiculous nature of it. Likewise, I feel the same is necessary here. He may well have got very lucky in getting to a World Cup semi-final, given how ordinary Croatia have looked since you could argue he possibly could even have done better that day,regardless though, the reason he hasn't been criticised is that he has instilled belief and hope into their national team again.
It may well not work out, I am still not sure how good a manager he actually is, although his personality certainly seems suited more to international football than the club game, but before the tournament England fans, as well as large sections of the media, were talking about the last 16 or the quarter-finals as their goal. He surpassed that.
The talk for the Nations League was, by and large, not to get relegated. Again, he is well on course for that and probably should have four points instead of one.
Wanting them to fail doesn't exactly mean they are failing.

True but they don't.
Depending on tonight's match, a score draw for Croatia at Wembley next month could relegate England. Would be the first time that Southgate may get a bit of flack from the media.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:46am
And two wins and he could be on for winning his first tournament...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 25>
  Share Topic