You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's going to Russia anyway?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

The portal opened up at 10am this morning. Is anyone waiting in the queue? I'm about 1/3 way through the line in the last 50mins. 

Got in already and managed to get Portugal tickets and Argentina aswell. What are you looking for yourself? 
Only about a quarter of the way through the line so not holding out much hope.  How did you manage to get in so early, if you don't mind me asking, Eireland?

Had about 15 different queues going between different devices and browsers both incognito and normal. One of the queues happened to only be around 30 mins long so just stuck with that. In the end took about 50 mins but by the looks of it Argentina vs Iceland is the only match I wouldn't be able to get. I even managed to get final tickets in my basket although I didn't buy them. 
Ah right, I see.  Thanks Eireland. I only had 1 queue going, and it's about 1/3 of the way through now.  Suppose Serbia-Brazil and Nigeria-Argentina were gone though? Unhappy

Neither showing currently but I've noticed Argentina v Nigeria popping up sporadically. 
Yeah, spotted one there but was too slow to get it in the basket. Cry

Bloody bots! Angry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 2:37pm

The portal opened up at 10am this morning. Is anyone waiting in the queue? I'm about 1/3 way through the line in the last 50mins. 

Got in already and managed to get Portugal tickets and Argentina aswell. What are you looking for yourself? 
Only about a quarter of the way through the line so not holding out much hope.  How did you manage to get in so early, if you don't mind me asking, Eireland?

Had about 15 different queues going between different devices and browsers both incognito and normal. One of the queues happened to only be around 30 mins long so just stuck with that. In the end took about 50 mins but by the looks of it Argentina vs Iceland is the only match I wouldn't be able to get. I even managed to get final tickets in my basket although I didn't buy them. 
Ah right, I see.  Thanks Eireland. I only had 1 queue going, and it's about 1/3 of the way through now.  Suppose Serbia-Brazil and Nigeria-Argentina were gone though? Unhappy

Neither showing currently but I've noticed Argentina v Nigeria popping up sporadically. 
Yeah, spotted one there but was too slow to get it in the basket. Cry

Bloody bots! Angry

Yeah, it's annoying alright.  Took me about 40 attempts to finally get through to payment page, was also booted out completely along the way. 

Done now, goodbye FCFS portal. 
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:40pm
For anyone that has applied for the Fan ID, how long did it take to come through the post? Mine arrived at the Russian Mail on April 3rd and it took until the 9th to leave Russia according to the tracking they provided. No sign of it yet.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:54pm
Anyone got a script?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 5:54pm

For anyone that has applied for the Fan ID, how long did it take to come through the post? Mine arrived at the Russian Mail on April 3rd and it took until the 9th to leave Russia according to the tracking they provided. No sign of it yet.

same as yourself. from reading online it could take another few weeks which is a balls because you need it to book the free fan trains and they are booking out fast.  
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 5:54pm

The short answer is that the tracker may show leave Russia for some time without any updates.  Last year I believe mine was held with An Post or closer to Irish Post, for a umber of weeks before releasing it close to the Tournament.  perhaps to reduce counterfeits.

Some blog articles
Fan ID - Registration

Tracking of FAN ID from Russia Federation to Dublin Ireland

Russian Federation Post

Released from Russian Federation

11 May 2017, 06:03 102972, Sharapovo

Handed over to the customs

10 May 2017, 20:36 102972, Sharapovo

Arrived at the customs of Russian Federation

10 May 2017, 20:06 102972, Sharapovo

Sorting complete

05 May 2017, 21:33 115324, Moscow

Arrived at the Post office

05 May 2017, 17:45 115324, Moscow
Irish Post

Delivered to the country of destination

12 May 2017, 11:01 DUB, Ireland

That 12th May didn’t appear for a couple of weeks, the movement stalled on the top entry “11th May 2017 Handed over to the Customs” and nothing further for a few days. I checked my Status on FAN-ID website and it hadn’t changed, I rang FAN-ID in Russia twice to see if I could get the delivery company so that I could contact them directly.  They were English-speaking, friendly and reassuring that my FAN ID would arrive, I must wait.  I used Irish Postal service An Post online tracking with my RU tracking number but there was no record.  I rang An Post twice at different times and gave the Russian tracking number. No record.  I was worried that my FAN ID was lost.  However, as FAN ID staff had assured me, in the last week of May my FAN ID arrived by Registered Post from An Post (State-owned Irish Postal Service).  Without any other information I believe that the Fan ID was sent to Ireland in good time and then held until a release date.

www.ucdsupporters.ie
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 12:58am

same as yourself. from reading online it could take another few weeks which is a balls because you need it to book the free fan trains and they are booking out fast.  
You don't need your FAN ID for this just a booking reference from a successful application.

As per UCD's post mine was "Realesed from Russia" on the 9th of April.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 2:56am
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

You don't need your FAN ID for this just a booking reference from a successful application.

Thanks for this. The train I want is selling out fast so I'll get it booked tomorrow. Would have missed it if I waited for the fan id

Also mine was released on the 9th of April as well. Same boat as yourself.

Edited by eireland - 19 Apr 2018 at 2:57am
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 11:11am
So it looks like I can write off any chances that I might have had of getting either of the tickets I was looking for (Nigeria-Argentina and Serbia-Brazil). Cry

Just thinking though, that one way I could get into and out of Russia without going through that visa application process (Dead) might be by buying a Cat 3 ticket for a low demand match eg Panama v Tunisia and using that purchase reference to apply for a Fan-ID card. 

I tried the purchase process for this earlier but part of it involves booking an appointment to turn up at one of the Ticket Collection Centres in Russia to collect said ticket.  Apologies if this sounds like a stupid question but could this be a viable option? Would there be any comeback if I was to buy a ticket and not turn up at the collection centre at the appointed time?  Last thing I want is to have that Fan-ID revoked and me getting chucked in some gulag for then being in the country illegally, unlikely though as that is. LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 12:36pm
It is possible to collect match tickets in the airports if that works for you. 

It really depends on which airport you are flying into and what day. 
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 1:07pm
Looking to go for the weekend of the Germany Mexico match but the prices are almost off putting

e.g. Bogo apartments has 1 left but it is between 900€ - 1000€ for 2 (for 2 people) nights with no cancellation

(If you put in Saturday to Monday at the start of June the same room is 120€ with free cancellation)

Seems like hotels in Moscow are looking to make a lot of money out of the World Cup :->
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Looking to go for the weekend of the Germany Mexico match but the prices are almost off putting

e.g. Bogo apartments has 1 left but it is between 900€ - 1000€ for 2 (for 2 people) nights with no cancellation

(If you put in Saturday to Monday at the start of June the same room is 120€ with free cancellation)

Seems like hotels in Moscow are looking to make a lot of money out of the World Cup :->

Might be worth having a look at accommodation in surrounding towns.  Fairly decent railway links and that match will be over at 8pm so plenty of time to get back afterwards. 
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 4:26pm

Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Thanks for this. The train I want is selling out fast so I'll get it booked tomorrow. Would have missed it if I waited for the fan id

Also mine was released on the 9th of April as well. Same boat as yourself.
Booked one of the free trains for the Moscow to St Petersburg legs of my trip, used the same confirmation number twice as my Moscow and St Petersburg tickets arent in my name, so its appears they're not even strict on the whole train situation.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 6:18pm

So it looks like I can write off any chances that I might have had of getting either of the tickets I was looking for (Nigeria-Argentina and Serbia-Brazil). Cry

Just thinking though, that one way I could get into and out of Russia without going through that visa application process (Dead) might be by buying a Cat 3 ticket for a low demand match eg Panama v Tunisia and using that purchase reference to apply for a Fan-ID card. 

I tried the purchase process for this earlier but part of it involves booking an appointment to turn up at one of the Ticket Collection Centres in Russia to collect said ticket.  Apologies if this sounds like a stupid question but could this be a viable option? Would there be any comeback if I was to buy a ticket and not turn up at the collection centre at the appointed time?  Last thing I want is to have that Fan-ID revoked and me getting chucked in some gulag for then being in the country illegally, unlikely though as that is. LOL

Yes buying a cat 3 makes sense.  I really doubt they will check whether you pick it up or not but no harm in picking up.  I think there is an option for machine pickup instead of an appointment.

Don't give up on those games yet.  There may well be tickets outside .  I have spare tickets at face value for Denmark v France if you decide to head to Moscow instead on the 26th.  Although by some way the game I'm least looking forward to in Russia.  

The problem is that Brazil and Argentina will be far better supported than any European team.    
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 7:07pm
164k tickets sold during the first 24 hours of the last minute sales phase. Most of the tickets have been allocated to Russian fans (87,902), followed by fans from Argentina (7,740), Mexico (6,598), Brazil (6,198), USA (5,780), Germany (5,181), Peru (3,799), Colombia (3,756), China (2,930), Egypt (2,370) and India (1,905). 

This would suggest there are a lot more tickets to come especially when sponsors return their unused allocations. Don't give up hope yet. 

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 8:19pm
What happened during the last euros was that tickets became available during the tournament, in particular the knockout phase, and were released each morning at a set time. The portal closed overnight and re-opened at 10am the next day.

The reason was straightforward: as teams got knocked out, their conditional tickets became available. I'm sure there were plenty on here who had tickets for Ireland matches the further they made in through. But the point is not everyone did. So when Ireland were playing France, there were maybe five thousand conditional Ireland tickets sold for the quarters, but maybe eight thousand conditional France tickets sold. That meant that there were three thousand tickets for the quarter final that had to be sold if Ireland made it - they went on the portal the following morning. It definitely happened after Wales knocked out Belgium, for instance.

It was obvious with both Wales and Portugal, more than anyone else. They had sold a lot fewer conditional tickets, so there were tickets available for their quarters and semis, as well as the final, because they had sold far fewer conditional tickets for those games than some of the other teams (much and all as the North hadn't sold so many). It also seemed that the tickets were only released once the lineup for each game was confirmed - for instance, say it is obvious before a quarter that neither team has sold their full allocation of conditional semi final tickets (one with two thousand, one with three thousand, from a total of four thousand), the two thousand tickets will only be released after the quarter final, rather than releasing one thousand before and other one thousand after.

Now, the World Cup is a bit different, in that there were two types of tickets available: Team Specific Tickets (TSTs )and Conditional Supporter Tickets (CSTs). The Euros were more like the latter than the former but there are probably still plenty of CSTs sold for this tournament. What are they, you ask? Well, a TST guarantees you tickets for a certain number of matches. If you bought a TST6 for Denmark, then you got tickets for the three Denmark group games and the last 16, quarter and semi, regardless of whether Denmark make it that far... you follow the team that knock them out, or the group winner if they get knocked out in the group.

However, the CSTs are the interesting ones: they are the ones that only apply if your team make it that far. Say you have CST tickets for Denmark in the quarters and they don't make it, then you get your money back. There will, no doubt, be situations that arise where there are teams playing each other in the knockouts where some have not sold all their conditional tickets. Like I imagine Panama have relatively few conditional tickets sold for the final. There are always teams who go far. Now, assuming two big sides make the finals, they will probably have sold their full allocation of CSTs.... but there is always a chance they won't have done. Like in the last Euros, there were tickets available for the final in the morning after the semi finals. That's because Portugal hadn't sold the full allocation of tickets to the final.

The only other thing, I suppose, is that it'd be a pain in the arse trying to deal with getting a FAN ID at late notice, but if you had one already it would be grand.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 19 Apr 2018 at 8:24pm
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 1:16am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Yes buying a cat 3 makes sense.  I really doubt they will check whether you pick it up or not but no harm in picking up.  I think there is an option for machine pickup instead of an appointment.

Don't give up on those games yet.  There may well be tickets outside .  I have spare tickets at face value for Denmark v France if you decide to head to Moscow instead on the 26th.  Although by some way the game I'm least looking forward to in Russia.  

The problem is that Brazil and Argentina will be far better supported than any European team.    
That's not a bad idea actually about the France-Denmark game. Can you hold 1 of those tickets aside for me please? Thumbs Up

I'll take a closer look tomorrow to see if it's feasible to change my arrangements and get back to you.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:02am
sent you a PM will hold 1 for you until Sunday 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
  Share Topic