You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's going to Russia anyway?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Kseniia Kseniia wrote:

I need help.  What's the story  with plastic glasses? I see lots of fans with plastic glasses...
Oh, and met some Irish lads in Rock pub...nice🍀☘️

It's FIFA policy, glass glasses have potential to be used as weapons.  So beer is served in plastic glasses which can be disposed afterwards.  It affects all fans, not just Irish ones.

Sponsored Links

Kseniia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kseniia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

I need help.  What's the story  with plastic glasses? I see lots of fans with plastic glasses...

It's FIFA policy, glass glasses have potential to be used as weapons.  So beer is served in plastic glasses which can be disposed afterwards.  It affects all fans, not just Irish ones.

Thank you. But I meant why do the keep them?  I saw one Brazilian guy with tower of glasses, more than 20 for sure... And he was not the only one. 
Green is more than a colour it is a philosophy
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 4:41pm

Thank you. But I meant why do the keep them?  I saw one Brazilian guy with tower of glasses, more than 20 for sure... And he was not the only one. 
are they the glasses from the stadium? I have some from France. Just a souvenir really.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 4:48pm
Hard plastic with match details.
The young lad brought a few back.
They sold alcohol and non alcohol beer. 
350 roubles which was cheaper than some of the bars near the centre.
Kseniia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kseniia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

are they the glasses from the stadium? I have some from France. Just a souvenir really.

Maybe you are right, just a souvenir.
Kseniia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kseniia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 4:58pm
Are either of you going to watch the fireworks tonight in Petersburg?
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:44am

as Sham157 says it's souvenir and even specific with the fixtures details of that match on the cup.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Kseniia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kseniia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

as Sham157 says it's souvenir and even specific with the fixtures details of that match on the cup.
Yes. Budweiser made 21 designs for glasses and they react on loud noises with red lights. Nice. Now I want oneEmbarrassed
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 6:39pm
sometimes you can return the glasses and get a small fee 0.25€ or something

you could at the Euros anyway. Saw plenty of people returning towers of glasses
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:15pm
Never gave it a second thought and binned all of my glasses. Yeah they are nice for souvenirs but are a pain in the arse to carry around. 

Also they were definitely checking that id and ticket names matched yesterday.  But as said on here before less likely if you don't enter the stadium early.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

sometimes you can return the glasses and get a small fee 0.25€ or something

you could at the Euros anyway. Saw plenty of people returning towers of glasses

That would be the Revolut Card holders
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 1:54pm
Had a good time in Kaliningrad.. Cheap beer and cheap food
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
BelvBohs View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelvBohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 12:56pm
Long shot I know, but has anyone been to Nizhny Novgorod and know if the Irish pub has Rte? Looking to watch Cork Dundalk tonight. Sound
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by BelvBohs BelvBohs wrote:

Long shot I know, but has anyone been to Nizhny Novgorod and know if the Irish pub has Rte? Looking to watch Cork Dundalk tonight. Sound

I messaged Harat's in NN and they won't be showing it. I doubt anywhere else will be showing it
Kseniia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kseniia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 8:43pm

You can't watch RTE in Russia,  unfortunately 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 6:17pm

Is there an Eamon Dunphy equivalent on Russian TV?  Yamon Dunphiev?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Kseniia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kseniia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Can't remember anyone,  but I'm not an expert 
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 10:35pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Can't remember anyone,  but I'm not an expert 

Neither is Dunphy. 

What?

Get up the yard...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic