2 [6.90%]
21 [72.41%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who would be best at Left Back ?
    Posted: 04 May 2012 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Personally id f
go with Wilson. I think Ward and to a lesser extent Sledge are weaknesses. Would like to see a back four of kelly o shea dunne and wilson.

agreed. think our best back 4 could come from some combo of Dunne at CB and O'Shea,Coleman,Clark, and Wilson, maybe Clark in the middle, O'Shea on the right, Wilson on the left
Sponsored Links

davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 5:30pm
I would have to go for Marc Wilson. 

We had the debate on the show 2 weeks ago about about Wilson v Ward, and the consensus was that Ward is probably a bit better going forward, but Wilson is a better defender and a much more skillful player. 

Twitter: DaveOGrady1
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:34pm
Wilson for me. He is well established player now for Stoke.  Plays premiership week in and out. 
Good tackler and has a decent cross too. 

Hes the one player that i really hope is in our World Cup team.
ilovepaulgreen View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovepaulgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:24am
cunningham should have been bought back into the squad in feb,for the euros id go with kelly right back o shea left back,ward will be taking apart im afraid!
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

He left out our 3 best Left Backs what a poll/thread Confused

Ward , Wilson and Cunningham

cunningham seems to have gone under the radar. has been forest POTY by all accounts and barely gets a mention any more
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:02am
Wilson has been adequate for Stoke at LB this season. That's all. He's not hugely better than Ward, who was no better than Kilbane. Personally, I'd love to see Cunningham develop or anyone else for that matter. Wilson is far more sure footed on the right or in midfield and is only filling that slot with Stoke as they have no better LB's available.

This has been a troublesome position for us to fill in recent times.

* Crap Poll - one of the worst ever in the history of ybig. Newbies shouldn't be allowed start polls.Thumbs Down
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Personally id f
go with Wilson. I think Ward and to a lesser extent Sledge are weaknesses. Would like to see a back four of kelly o shea dunne and wilson.

Agree 100% that this should be our starting back 4 (and about Ward and to a lesser extent Sledge being weakeness). Shame it has not been tried enough. Not going to change now either
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:30am
Wilson is currently our best option at left full. Madness he has only got 1 cap so far but he must take some of the blame after one or two dodgy pull outs. Another victim of a communication problem with Trap as well
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:51am
Personally id f
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:42am

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Marc Wilson or Marc Tierney

There should be no case from him tbh , he has never played international football and has he even declared for us yet?

I remember watching a video on Norwich City's website about a year ago with him saying that he would love to play for Ireland. His brother has also played U21 for us.

Edited by grannyrule - 04 May 2012 at 8:48am
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:18am
  Five weeks and two days to go!  Five weeks and two measly days..  Five weeks 'n two days!  If I say it shorter then it might hurry up.  Five weeks two days.  Two days five weeks. Not even gonna shower for the next fiveweeksntwof*kindays!   Whoplooo its working.  Gonna start me own five weeks two days days day!  CMON YOUBIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Trapcandoit - 04 May 2012 at 8:38am
5 goals to go Robbie!
rodney trotter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodney trotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:09am
Marc wilson is a fine player and is head and shoulder better than ward who is our only other genuine contender that currently plays week in week out as a left back in the premiership.The added bonus with wilson is that he equally good at center back where he is miles ahead of o dea...Absolute travesty that he is not going...we will be doing well not to lose him going back to play for the nordies.
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 7:51am
Marc Wilson all day long. sh*te poll!!
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 4:32am

There should be no case from him tbh , he has never played international football and has he even declared for us yet?

No, AFAIK
Real Irlanda View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Irlanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:18am
Marc Tierney is absolute tripe as well
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:03am

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Real Irlanda View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Irlanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:48am
ya dont no why wilson, ward n cunningham were left out...personally i would have clark as he is a left footer, and looked good when trap gave him a chance in that position. He has also looked alrite when occupying leftback for villa. He is decent defensively n can play ball a bit as demonstrated by him playing in the centre of the park for villa
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic