You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who do you imagine YBIGGERS to look like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Not riled at all, contemplating a wank and listening to Sigur Rós, merely pointing out the obvious.Thumbs Up

X Factor ruined them.

Mate of mine told me that the lyrics used in some songs are actual jibberish and not icelandic or whatevs like hun?
Yeah, some are sung in Vonlenska or 'Hopelandic'. There is nothing really new about 'gibberish' being used in music, some of their best stuff uses it.

Why did X-Factor ruin them? 

To be honest,a lot of their newer albums, everything after Takk, I find a bit wank. It isn't even really their fault either. Too many hipster ****s in bad hipster bands in America like The National, Bon Iver and other talentless suburban f**ks were trying to be , meaningful and Nordic while singing words that were actually supposed to be deep and meaningful but were in fact rubbish. I think they band were so flattered and shared so many festival bills with them that their own music started to become as vapid and boring.
Untitled, or brackets as it is often  known, is magic though.

They use their instrumentals for "uplifting" moments and flogged them to death. 

So, what you're saying is, you ruined them by watching X-Factor?

Watched it 2009-2012 and then was done. 

Virgin Media run X Factor during ads and the music is on Thumbs Up

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:58pm
Not aware of it, but I assume it is just one song on the ads? There are plenty of songs that have been overused and abused by bands and musicians I enjoy. I love The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl, but not that dirge they did together. 'A Night at the Opera' is a classic album, but when I listen to it I turn it off after 'Good Company'. Dexy's Midnight Runners made some of the most culturally important music of the early '80s, yet most people just think of a borderline novelty song that is included in every 80s compilation/

What I am saying is, just skip the song you have heard too much and give them a go.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 1:04pm
Check out Postiljonen PM.

"Are you thinking of me"
"Postlude"
"Blood flow"
"You're ace"

etc
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 1:07pm
Bon Iver use harmonic content better than any band out there . Heaven on the ears.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 1:11pm
Sigur Ros are decent too. Kiasmos are ahead of them with the airy synth style though.

Edited by BabbsBalls - 14 Dec 2018 at 1:12pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 1:13pm
I will have a listen in a bit, cheers.

To Postiljonen, that is, not those bland ****s mentioned above.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 1:19pm
For someone who seems to appreciate electronic music you seem pretty oblivious to how its produced if you think those bands are bland. They would be the polar opposite of bland in their compositions. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 1:32pm
Bon Iver are bad electronic folk, or folktronica as it is often referred to. I am broadly of the opinion that music is subjective, I can usually appreciate and accept music I have no interest in, these lads are an exception. Bland, soulless and just f**king awful and liked by people, ( I am going to make a sweeping generalisation here, but it has been tested as true) who are utter ****s.
The most galling thing about them is they know themselves they are sh*te and bland, they know their fans are ****s. They know they are ****s themselves, and they are proud of it.

It's well produced, is it? Sure any album can be well produced, it merely packages it well to mass audiences.

Apologies for the rant, but it is tripe by ****s for ****s.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 1:59pm

Check out Postiljonen PM.

"Are you thinking of me"
"Postlude"
"Blood flow"
"You're ace"

etc
Not really my thing either. I listened to it. It is music for bars and cafés that want to be cool, ethereal and inoffensive, the sort of thing played over emotional moments in Australian soap operas.

Sigur Rós are probably partly responsible for this sort of thing, in the same way they are responsible for Bon Iver and the likes too. In that respect I would compare them to Nick Hornby's 'Fever Pitch'. Thye must accept that their influence has been bad for the world, even if they themselves have been excellent.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:03pm
They are well produced in the fact that they have been produced (mastering apart) by the artists themselves. 

As someone who has studied music production I have to laugh at the snobbery of people towards decent electronic musicians. Every “classic” album by every leading band has been directed in the studio by producers. Each and one of these albums would not be what they are without good production behind it. And good electronic musicians are very good producers themselves.. wading through the tedious complexities (dynamic processing, equalisation etc.) involved in making a record. They deserve respect whether it’s your thing or not. Your post is another example of you sitting on the sidelines being an expert in something you know absolutely nothing about. You are the Jamie Redknapp of YBIG. Well done Thumbs Up
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:09pm
here lads f**k off to the music thread Confused
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:14pm
Why ?

He looks like Jamie Redknapp Thumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

They are well produced in the fact that they have been produced (mastering apart) by the artists themselves. 

As someone who has studied music production I have to laugh at the snobbery of people towards decent electronic musicians. Every “classic” album by every leading band has been directed in the studio by producers. Each and one of these albums would not be what they are without good production behind it. And good electronic musicians are very good producers themselves.. wading through the tedious complexities (dynamic processing, equalisation etc.) involved in making a record. They deserve respect whether it’s your thing or not. Your post is another example of you sitting on the sidelines being an expert in something you know absolutely nothing about. You are the Jamie Redknapp of YBIG. Well done Thumbs Up
LOL 
Someone's touchy about their ickle band, where's the sensitive poster thread? 
Firstly, where is my snobbery towards decent electronic musicians? I am fully aware of the importance of good producers, I have friends in the industry. 
None of that takes away from the fact that Justin Vernon made one pretty average album, and I am being hugely f**king generous there, I threw a track on from it there and it really is offensively inoffensive, that hit the zeitgeist, largely because cool and hip people, or those that thought they were,  who wanted to be deep, ethereal and Nordic because of the likes of Sigur Rós. 
The fact he comes across as a smug, arrogant prick about it, doesn't help. 
Music, like all art forms,is an expression of the artists personality. His music is smug, boring, bland, inoffensive music made for people in lumberjack shirts living in cities to listen to in places with wiring hanging out of the ceiling. Jamie Oliver types who tell poor people they could feed a family of 14 for two quid on hibiscus and lentil soup instead of fish fingers, while spending their dad's money on coffee that has been shat out a raccoon's arse.
I am sure the lad has some talent, but maybe he needs to find a personality to make good music or to stop taking himself so seriously, but I guess he has an act to keep up to the sort of people who see him as deep.

Also, Jamie played at the highest level. His family was steeped in football and yet, apparently, he knows little about it. 
You, on the other hand, claim to be immersed in music and... I am sure you get the idea!

Edited by pre Madonna - 14 Dec 2018 at 2:26pm
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:30pm
I'm guessing you didn't have that wank you were contemplating. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Herself is coming home on her break, I'll chance my arm.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:42pm
Pissing myself at the bit about Jamie Oliver. Well played LOL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:44pm
Redknapp never played in the champions league but does punditry on it. You get my drift.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

He’s far too busy typing into 8 different forums to find the time for a pedal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic