You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who could replace Trap (realistic)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 1:33pm
Id take mick back in a second.Hed pick the team we all want and bring the feel good attitude back in my opinion
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 1:33pm
While Trap needs to go I am really fearful of who we bring in.  Who knows we may be lamenting the Trap era when McDermott has us embarrassed in EC qualifying. We need a top coach not an EPL reject. I would prefer a good continental coach who believes in playing the game properly.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 1:36pm
Frank Rijkaard?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 1:44pm

Realistic was the word used so they have to be

a. Available ie. out of Work
b. Willing to work for Circa €600,000
c. Be his own Man.

My own preferrence would be Mick McCarthy but cant see him working under Delaney.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 1:50pm
Good point that he would have to be free from a contract . I'd be sure the FAI have a short list of possible candidates , some of which would be attached to clubs/nations. Say if their top candidate became available and was sounded out as being interested Trap would get the boot...... It would be bad policy to just rely on who is available at the time and hope for the best. This is the FAI though , not renound for their forward thinking.
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 1:51pm
Gullit
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 1:58pm
Personally first choice would be mick McCarthy back.
After that I thought Steve mc laren was a note able mention. Has done wonders with twente and would know the lads who are playing across the water as well.
We won't have an answer till October at the very least, and even then, I still wouldn't put it past us to pull this off yet and get 2nd.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:01pm
Again guys we have to be real as to who is available now and i'd say the FAI will pay no more than e4/500'000 at most per year.  Maybe less if there's a Trap pay off. 

Keane: I love and hate Roy at the same time but my problem with him would be that his chopping and changing of players when at Sunderland especially seemed alarming.  You cannot do that at international level as you don't have the time with the players.  Also his man management is said to be very poor.  That's something we always level at Trap. 

Jewell: Was well thought of a few years ago but the last couple of jobs have not gone well which is a worry. 

My big problem with a non British based manager would be how long would they stay for.  Guys like Troussier and Koovemans seem to be happy going around like Uncle Travelling Mac.  I'd love someone who was given 4/6 years and could develop the team.  Trap I feel was a great quick fix that went on too long and while we need that now we need an evolving manager. 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:02pm
Vialli.
Never tought about Mclaren....has done with clubs not sure fans would accept him.
McCarthy for me ( I think)
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Vialli.
Never tought about Mclaren....has done with clubs not sure fans would accept him.

personally would give mclaren a chance..

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:05pm
I honestly fear for us if we sack Trap. I hope I'm wrong. You can pick out any of the managers listed above and they might play the Houlihans, Andy Reids and all the other ball players who Traps being lambasted for leaving out and they may leave out Green & Sammon etc, play an attacking 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or whatever, but will they end the groups in the same positions we've found ourselves in over the past 2 campaigns? I really fear that they wont. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:06pm
Mick: I'd have Mick back too but I fer the baggage will always be there and he will forever be the bad guy in too many peoples eyes.  It would only take one bad defeat and it would be the usual s***e being spouted. 
Fenlon: Doing decently at Hibs but think he's not experienced enough.

David O'Leary: Like marmite in so many peoples eyes but did a hell of a job at Leeds, can bring through youth and is Irish.  You could see him taking the job for a long spell too.  He started well at Villa but it all went badly wrong.  Been out of the English game for a while but is well connected.
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

Gerard Houllier,Steve Mclaren,Alex Mcleish,Mark Huges,would all be up to the job-irish or english/perferable manager. under fifty years of age.Would have to be a first team manager before none of this asst manager or coachin crap and bringin in some auld lad for advice.All top manages above,and no one whos all ready been there before.  

you mean like Steve Clark at WBA, who's done a brilliant job...agree with no superior adviser though
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Vialli.

personally would give mclaren a chance..

savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

I honestly fear for us if we sack Trap. I hope I'm wrong. You can pick out any of the managers listed above and they might play the Houlihans, Andy Reids and all the other ball players who Traps being lambasted for leaving out and they may leave out Green & Sammon etc, play an attacking 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or whatever, but will they end the groups in the same positions we've found ourselves in over the past 2 campaigns? I really fear that they wont. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
Max all valid points but the killer is Trap will never change his ways and nobody is asking for major overhauls just common sense.  A Pub League manager could see we needed an extra midfielder for the last half an hour. 
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:21pm
UCD AFC,
Clarke has started well but it can be hit and miss with coaches.  Rodgers, Villas Boas are another couple that spring to mind who've had their car crashes before success.  Personally i'd like a tracksuit manager like a McClaren who's been a coach and manager. 
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:22pm

McDermott: Flavour of the month. If you like having your best players on the bench, he's your man.

Coyle: Flash in the pan

Mark Hughes: Fock off 

Hughton: Meh, prove yourself

Alex McLeish: No thanks

Steve McClaren: I wouldnt be against this, good shout

Paulo Souza: Dont know any thing about him as a manager  

Paolo Di Canio: No thanks 

Gerrard Houllier: Health issues

Bob Bradley: Preferably

Dennis Bergkamp: Would focking love this but the aul Aeroplane thing would rule him out. If he was manager for Brazil he'd have to start leaving now LOL

Gullit: I dont think he is that bothered about managing anymore

Edited by Landon Donovan - 27 Mar 2013 at 2:24pm
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:26pm
Surprised with the love for Mclaren....it's not a bad call......and one I really wouldn't have considered.....he would take it to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic