You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whiskey Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 3:05am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Guys, anyone know where you can buy a Bottle of Jameson bottled in the 1960's/50's anytime around there and unopened. It's a Christmas present, but also an investment for my awl man. 

Hoping when he crokes you'll get the place and a nice bottle of whiskey back?
You're not leaving it half late enough. Online would sort you out no problem,the whiskey exchange. They offer next day delivery but not sure what the story is this time of year.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 4:44am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Guys, anyone know where you can buy a Bottle of Jameson bottled in the 1960's/50's anytime around there and unopened. It's a Christmas present, but also an investment for my awl man. 

Hoping when he crokes you'll get the place and a nice bottle of whiskey back?
You're not leaving it half late enough. Online would sort you out no problem,the whiskey exchange. They offer next day delivery but not sure what the story is this time of year.

LOL - It'll probably never be opened, maybe the day I get married! who knows ha!

I was looking online earlier, theres a 1950's 10 year old so bottled in the 40's for 650GPB I was hoping i'd be able to pick one up in a store somewhere! I was hoping there'd be a store in Dublin that would have it being Irish Whiskey, I'm afraid it won't be here on time if i order it. Im also not comfortable with sending a glass bottle of whiskey worth that much through the post. I've visions of a wet box and pieces of antique glass arriving
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 8:51am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Bottles from then aren't what you want, really. You'd rather something recently bottled that was casked back then and only recently bottled. If you want to really, really splash out, there is a whiskey that was discovered by Jameson's master distiller Barry Crockett back in 1994. It was a cask that had been filled in 1964 but somehow misplaced and forgotten about. It was one cask and there aren't that many bottles of it left. It's called Dungourney 1964 but a bottle of it will set you back the best part of a grand at this stage. They were €600 about five years ago, so if they are still for sale, it'll be more than that.

I worked in the Croke Park hotel and we had two bottles of it. When Ireland were playing Russia a couple of years ago, there were some Russians staying, and they drank us out of it.... except the f**kers were drinking it with coke. Absolute cretins.

Angry

I thought it was bad watching Austrians drinking Jameson Limited reserve 18 with coke but that is just a disgrace.

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:17pm
Jack Daniels Honey - add hot water and it goes down a treat.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:30pm
Almost forgot how much of a waffler Byrner was before reading a couple of posts on this thread.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:45pm
Must be a Red Breast 12.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Almost forgot how much of a waffler Byrner was before reading a couple of posts on this thread.
He is trying to be more subtle now he is in leafy Cheshire. 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 9:57am
I know whiskey is a bit of an Irish institution but jaysus I can't stand it. I'm feeling a wee bit sick even just even thinking about the stuff. 

I drank Tir Connall whiskey once and it wasn't that revolting. But in general Id rather stay sober than sip whiskey. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 24 Jun 2019 at 9:58am
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:38pm
Midleton flying through the limited editions lately, anyone get the redbreast 10 today? 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:40pm

Bottles from then aren't what you want, really. You'd rather something recently bottled that was casked back then and only recently bottled. If you want to really, really splash out, there is a whiskey that was discovered by Jameson's master distiller Barry Crockett back in 1994. It was a cask that had been filled in 1964 but somehow misplaced and forgotten about. It was one cask and there aren't that many bottles of it left. It's called Dungourney 1964 but a bottle of it will set you back the best part of a grand at this stage. They were €600 about five years ago, so if they are still for sale, it'll be more than that.

I worked in the Croke Park hotel and we had two bottles of it. When Ireland were playing Russia a couple of years ago, there were some Russians staying, and they drank us out of it.... except the f**kers were drinking it with coke. Absolute cretins.

Jesus Angry
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Found myself clenching my fist reading back on them. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Jesus Angry
A friend of mine had a similar experience. He refused to serve the coke. His manager told him to give the customer what he wanted. My friend said, F this and walked off the job.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Jesus Angry
A friend of mine had a similar experience. He refused to serve the coke. His manager told him to give the customer what he wanted. My friend said, F this and walked off the job.
Your friend is a spanner.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:21pm

Midleton flying through the limited editions lately, anyone get the redbreast 10 today? 
one of my mates is getting one today. I’ll post back his verdict 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Jesus Angry
Your friend is a spanner.
LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

one of my mates is getting one today. I’ll post back his verdict 

Nice one, have ordered one myself but it'll be saved for special occasions I think 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:44pm
Powers €20 in Tesco at the minute, great value 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Powers €20 in Tesco at the minute, great value 
Horrible stuff imo. Would only have it in an irish coffee. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic