You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where were you when you heard about 9/11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 10:15am
straight outta the car from school.. mate said it to me, didnt really understand what he was on about, two of us watched sky news for ages after
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Was watching neighbours at the time when they cut to live coverage, never did see the end of that episode.Angry

LOL
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 10:35am
great documentary on 4od at the minute called osama - shoot to kill. great viewing
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 10:43am
I was in my office at work telling a member of my sales team that her level of performance was not up to the standard required.My Sales Manager came into the office and suggested I turned the tv on which I did and saw the second plane hit the tower. I abandoned the rest of the disciplinary meeting and all three of us watched the tv for the next couple of hours.

Reconvened the meeting three days later and sacked her ..... She was American too!
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 10:45am
needless to say she wanted to jump out of the tower.....
Lurleen Lumpkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurleen Lumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 11:26am
Was working in UCHG. Walking back from lunch through the A&E waiting room and saw it on the tv there, just as the second tower was hit.

Edited by Lurleen Lumpkin - 11 Sep 2011 at 11:29am
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Pablo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 11:57am
I was printing somthing at the time when i was informed of the attack had not got a clue what your man was on about when i saw tv it was just unreal strange day in the world

Edited by Pablo - 11 Sep 2011 at 11:58am
Euro 2012
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 2:36pm
got in from school for the my brother to tell me the world is coming to an end. Bit dramatic in retrospect
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 3:42pm
I was kipping on a mates couch in Galway, had just started second year in college in Galway and my house wasnt ready yet. Was just there watching daytime and next thing the news comes on showing the first tower burning. They werent saying they didnt know if it was an accicendt or terrorist attack. Next thing as they are talking and just showing the first tower on fire a plane comes into view on the telly and smashes into the second tower. I couldnt believe what I was seeing. I was saying to myself it must be an accicdent, which was ridiculous I mean what are the odds of two planes hitting the two towers within a half hour of each other. Ill never forget seeing that second plane coming into view on the telly and flying into the second tower, unbelievable. After a while went down to the shops and called into the pub across the road to watch Sky News. The whole pub glued to the telly. I remember saying to myself there is no way they could stay standing, the heat in there must be unreal. Still couldnt believe it when the first tower fell, the whole pub just gasped, couldnt believe what we were seeing. Mad stuff
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 6:39pm
I picked up my junior cert results that day
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Wexy Bastard View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wexy Bastard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 7:05am
Was in German class in 6th year, one teacher came in and started whispering to the German teacher. His face dropped! We all said "what's happened?". He said " 2 planes have crashed into the world trade centre, one has gone into the pentegon, another crashed in Pennsylvania and the White house has been evacuated.........But anyway back to these German verbs.....
Leaving 30 faces of disbelief facing him...
'I was a young lad when I was growing up.' - David O'Leary
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 7:20am
i had walked out on my bird the day before and decided to head back to ireland and leave her and so was landing in dublin airport and the news was just coming in , needless to say the taxi gimp turned one of the big news events of all time into rant about a black shop assistant who was on her mobile phone and wouldnt serve him immediately one time Angry

went back to lucan and watched it on sky  , saw the second plane hit live  , my cousin was stuck in work and kept ringing me for updates, in the end his work  closed up and they went across to the pub to watch it.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Mafi Mushkila View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 4:36pm
Was in school when I heard about it! Went home and watched  the news all evening, hard to believe that was ten years ago. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Junior results were out the day after Wink
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Junior results were out the day after Wink
Balls, knew it was close!!Embarrassed
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 3:21am
Playing championship manager
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 8:11pm
Had just started college and was having a few afternoon pints.
superdfc View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:33am
For the first 5 minutes i thought it was one of those worst case  shows
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic