You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where do we go from here? (Manager Poll)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Poll Question: Kenny in or Kenny out?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
84 [79.25%]
22 [20.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:40am
I really don't see the attraction or benefit of John O'Shea as caretaker
Sponsored Links

Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:46am

E2016 - There will be a few who will still be unable to accept how catastrophically wrong they were.

True to form you view it all in terms of this group of posters vs that group. Zero about the football.

Edited by Bukowski - 17 Jun 2023 at 12:47am
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

E2016 - There will be a few who will still be unable to accept how catastrophically wrong they were.

True to form you view it all in terms of this group of posters vs that group. Zero about the football.

We saw nothing tonight that we haven't seen many times before in terms of performance or result. There is nothing unique that occured tonight that we haven't seen many times before under Kenny. He has 4 competitive wins. Losing is the norm. Conceeding goals is the norm. Sideways and backwards passing in the guise of 'progressive football' is the norm.

What is it specifically you want me to discuss about the football? The lack of chances created? The defensive fragility? Completely soft, brittle and porous? Passing the ball sideways and backwards? Failing to react to opposition tactics? Lack of discipline? No structure? No leadership or organisation? Kenny picking favourites who have long proven to be way off the international standard? Pick something and by all means, I'll have a discussion with you on it.

Ultimately, there isn't really much to be said about tonight, footballing wise. We lost, as usual, and we were poor, which has been the case more often than not under Kenny.

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:31am
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Unless there's a plan, in my view we may as well stick for now. Doesnt seem to have lost the dressing room, I dont see much to be gained by sacking him now. I'd still lean towards letting him see out the campaign. I dont think he is likely to turn it around, I just think a clean break post campaign would be better for all involved.
John O'Shea for rest of campaign, SK and more importantly the fans need to be put out  of misery.

That's who I'd expect to take over but for how long? You'd think the FAI have a short list of managers as this scenario was highly likely considering how tough the group is. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:34am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

We saw nothing tonight that we haven't seen many times before in terms of performance or result. There is nothing unique that occured tonight that we haven't seen many times before under Kenny. He has 4 competitive wins. Losing is the norm. Conceeding goals is the norm. Sideways and backwards passing in the guise of 'progressive football' is the norm.

What is it specifically you want me to discuss about the football? The lack of chances created? The defensive fragility? Completely soft, brittle and porous? Passing the ball sideways and backwards? Failing to react to opposition tactics? Lack of discipline? No structure? No leadership or organisation? Kenny picking favourites who have long proven to be way off the international standard? Pick something and by all means, I'll have a discussion with you on it.

Ultimately, there isn't really much to be said about tonight, footballing wise. We lost, as usual, and we were poor, which has been the case more often than not under Kenny.

It's not up to me to tell you what to discuss about the football, I'm pointing out that your first comment on a new thread was solely about group X posters vs group Y posters.
Here's a tip. Write what you want about "us vs them" comments, then write something, anything, about the football, then delete the us vs them stuff and post it.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Piskin View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:44am
It was evident from the get go that Kenny was not up to this job, but we hoped he would learn as he went along but he never ever inspired confidence even when interviewed. He actually just recycled the ball sideways & backways just like todays Gaelic Football with any creativity or penetration. Only for set pieces it would have been worse. 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:45am

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

It's not up to me to tell you what to discuss about the football, I'm pointing out that your first comment on a new thread was solely about group X posters vs group Y posters.
Here's a tip. Write what you want about "us vs them" comments, then write something, anything, about the football, then delete the us vs them stuff and post it.

The purpose of this thread was quite literally to segregate people into one of two groups in light of tonights events - Kenny out or Kenny in, and inevitably invite debate between members of those groups.

I've made plenty of posts regarding our style of play and our deficiencies in the past. We've gone beyond that now. I really couldn't care less about what you make of my posts. I extended an olive branch if you wanted to ask me a footballing question. You don't. Moving on.

cwh2018 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwh2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:50am
If they are looking to replace him it should be someone from outside of Britain with international managerial experience of success with multiple teams.IE they have qualified 2 teams for tournaments.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 8:18am
Roy Keane. John O' Shea as assistant.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 8:30am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

worth a go I reckon, I would deffo love to hear what keano thinks on the matter
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 9:00am
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Needs to be sacked. He was always out of his depth and should never have been given the job in the first place.
100%spot on Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 9:14am
We are not out of contention yet, beat Greece at home and we have parity with them. Change of manager after Mondays game and take it from there. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BOOMSHAKALAKA View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOOMSHAKALAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

We are not out of contention yet, beat Greece at home and we have parity with them. Change of manager after Mondays game and take it from there. 

Do you mean not out of contention to finish 3rd? Finishing third will help our rankings but it's meaningless in terms of qualification for the Euro's.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 9:19am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

I suspect this will be who they go with.  Probably bring Nicky Butt in with him also. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

We need to finish at least 2nd. Netherlands and France in the group. We really needed to be beating Greece home and away to give us any hope.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:22pm
Roy Keane would be a disaster. He's done nothing as manager since his first two seasons at Sunderland, which was 15 years ago!

He has a handy gig at Sky. He'd be crazy to give that up. He's not made for modern football. He is too old fashioned and basic with most of his views. He's comedy gold though, I'll give him that.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:34pm
https://news.paddypower.com/football-news/2023/06/17/next-republic-of-ireland-manager-betting-odds-stephen-kenny-replacement/

Cant say I'd be overly enthused by most of these, but I wouldnt mind Benitez if we found a million down the back of the couch!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

I really don't see the attraction or benefit of John O'Shea as caretaker

I very much doubt John O'Shea does either!
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic