You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 283>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Anybody catch the 2 part Bernie Madoff show on RTE?

Richard Dreyfuss was superb. Well worth a look.

Ya. Enjoyed it. He was some buck.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 08 Aug 2017 at 8:38pm
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 6:57pm
Just seen the latest GOT episode,leaked this morning.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:12am
Re-watching True Detective Season 1. What a show Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Just seen the latest GOT episode,leaked this morning.

Westeros is f**ked
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:30pm
Finished Ozark last night, absolutely loved it. holy jaysis, what a finale! season 2 was commissioned there the other day too.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:49pm
Has anybody been watching 'Top of the Lake'? Some of the storylines are just a tad far-fetched, not to mention the behaviour of supposedly intelligent and caring people to be anything but at times, but still it is strangely captivating. Both series are pulled through by excellent acting, Mullan and Dencik in particular, and, in the first series at least, wonderful scenery and directing.
There are quite a few moments where you find yourself shouting "ah come on now, for f**ks sake" at the scren. Then there is  the fact that Elizabeth Moss often sounds like an Afrikaner that went to Eton, as well as just American, when she has supposedly spent her whole life between rural New Zealand and Sydney.
It is also pretty clear that the writer is a feminist, which actually helps the storyline in places but can occasionally lead to incredulity too. 
It is worth watching though.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:57pm
Yea been watching it the past few weeks PM
The first series was better than the current one. It's a bit dark in places, some seriously f**ked up people in it.
Was about to give up on the current series until last weeks episode when the cop from the first series reappeared in a wheelchair (far fetched the scene at the end when he was trying to kill robyn)
Haven't watched last nights one yet
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yea been watching it the past few weeks PM
The first series was better than the current one. It's a bit dark in places, some seriously f**ked up people in it.
Was about to give up on the current series until last weeks episode when the cop from the first series reappeared in a wheelchair (far fetched the scene at the end when he was trying to kill robyn)
Haven't watched last nights one yet
Agree with you, the first series was more believable and enjoyable. The whole of the second series is a bit far-fetched; for a supposedly intelligent detective, she has serious issues spotting the obvious! They all seem far too lackadaisical about what the young one is up to as well. The guy playing 'Puss' has saved it for me a few times, he is excellent. I also imagine that that is how Russell Brand would have looked if he stayed on the heroin. 
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 11:25am
Just watched the first 2 episodes of Mr Mercedes. Very good. Brendan Gleeson is brilliant.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 9:15pm
Have watched the first 5 episodes of The Ozark, quality show. Outside of GoT and rewatching all the old seasons of Survivor there isnt much else out that interests me.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 1:24am
Just finished watching Black Mirror, can safely say it's my favourite show ever.

Definitely not one for binge watching as you'd be thinking about an episode for days after watching it, complete mind bender and I limited myself to 1 or 2 per week.

Anyone contemplating watching it just go and watch Season 3 Episode 6.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 8:22am
Watching Narcos 3.

Decent watch and some nice looking dolls in it too
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 8:47am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Just finished watching Black Mirror, can safely say it's my favourite show ever.

Definitely not one for binge watching as you'd be thinking about an episode for days after watching it, complete mind bender and I limited myself to 1 or 2 per week.

So each episode is a stand alone?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Yeah no storylines or consistent cast members. I didn't like it either.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Yeah no storylines or consistent cast members. I didn't like it either.

Cheers. Sure I'll give that episode a go anyway.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:36am
Get shorty and Mr Mercedes two new shows worth checking out.Mr Mercedes is starting on RTE this week but no idea if any station in IRE/UK will have Get Shorty.

Available to download from the usual sources.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 10:23am
Just finished The Sinner, pretty good viewing
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 10:26am
Started watching American Vandal on Netflix last night
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 283>
  Share Topic