You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 285>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:47am
Anyone been watching Line Of Duty?

Pretty good, but very far fetched
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 12:25pm
Wentworth Season 4.

For those not familiar, a modern day Prisoner Cell Block H
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:36pm
Silicon Valley back on TV tomorrow.

Excellent show Clap

Edited by rossieman - 23 Apr 2017 at 11:36pm
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 12:03am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Silicon Valley back on TV tomorrow.

Excellent show Clap

Is this Charlie Bird and the Irish over in Silicon Valley or is it something else altogether ?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 12:59am
Altogether different.

Fourth season of a show about an IT startup. Comedy / Drama.

It used to be released one episode a week, immediately after Game of Thrones. That was actually why I enjoyed it so much the last few years: it is light relief after GoT.

I might not watch it yet, and wait until GoT is released, and watch it that way again.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:12am
Does fantasy not qualify as light relief? I only read the first book and watched the first series but I can't imagine GoT has become much more than dragons and sex.

I forgot about Silicon Valley, I enjoyed the first series of that, I might watch the rest.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 2:51pm
Just finished watching season 3 of Bosch on Amazon Prime, very good and sets up season 4 very nicely.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Was up til nearly 3 last night watching 13 reasons why. Addictive viewing

Started watching this and it's a bit meh...

How much of it did you watch?
I thought the show was amazing all round.
Beautiful and very sad at the same time. Lovely soundtrack and twisting and turning rollercoaster of a story. Ok the fact that it takes place in high school and the actors are clearly in their twenties is maybe a bit corny but you quickly look past that.

Maybe it's cause suicide has affected quite close to home a couple of times but the show really cut me deep and still i haven't fully moved on!
Cannot recommend it higher than anything that has come out new in recent times.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:46pm
It's absolutely sh*te Andy.

I watched 3/4 episodes and turned it off - I just couldn't watch it any more.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:53pm
Watched 2 episodes and have to agree with HB it's pure sh*t.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:23pm
Ah you'd missed the really good episodes then
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Big little lies 

Stars Reece Witherspoon . Nicole Kidman and Shaeline Woodley

Murder, mystery...... very watchable

Added bonus Nicole Kidman is smoking hot in it, kinky little thing too ! 
And finally, on the 7th and final episode something interesting actually happens.
The other 6 episodes were all built towards it, but it was pretty slow moving
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:57pm
Yes, Minister

It seems a good time to watch it again, I had forgotten how good it is and still completely relevant. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:40am
I watched 'White Gold' on the BBC iPlayer this week and it wasn't bad at all. It is written by Damon Beesley who wrote The Inbetweeners and stars 'Jay' and 'Simon' from it, both playing grown-up roles of their characters in it. It is about double-glazing salesmen in Essex in the '80s and is pretty funny with a cracking '80s soundtrack.

I have also spent a bit of time trying to find a National Geographic reality tv series called 'Snake Salvation'. It was made in 2013 and was supposedly on Netflix but isn't anymore, I eventually found it and it is well worth it! 
It follows the lives of a couple of snake handling Pentecostal churches either side of the Kentucky-Tennessee state line. These rednecks are all sorts of crazy. They only made one season because one of the stars died, from a snakebite, obviously, and the fact that Pastor Andrew's wife decided the official Facebook fan page was the place to discuss all the infidelities in the congregation, especially  her's and the Pastor's. Of all the f**ked-up religious practices in the world this must be near the top. I definitely reckon they would be doing it in Ballymena, if there were any snakes.

dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:04pm
There's a couple of good shows around at the minute, Twin Peaks is back and i thought the first 4 episodes were both brilliant and crazy at the same time. American Gods is also 4 episodes in and is quite good so far. Also started watching The Handmaid's Tale last night, i didnt think much of it when the missus recommended it but the first 2 episode were actually quite good. Then you have Better Call Saul and Silicon Valley aswell, plenty of quality around.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

There's a couple of good shows around at the minute, Twin Peaks is back and i thought the first 4 episodes were both brilliant and crazy at the same time. American Gods is also 4 episodes in and is quite good so far. Also started watching The Handmaid's Tale last night, i didnt think much of it when the missus recommended it but the first 2 episode were actually quite good. Then you have Better Call Saul and Silicon Valley aswell, plenty of quality around.
What is American Gods? 
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:18pm
Based on a book by Neil Gaiman, dont want to give too much away but as imdb and such would tell ya; its about the old gods trying to win back the people from the new gods, such as Media and Technology.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Based on a book by Neil Gaiman, dont want to give too much away but as imdb and such would tell ya; its about the old gods trying to win back the people from the new gods, such as Media and Technology.
Yeah, just watched the trailer, wouldn't be my thing at all. It has Lovejoy in it though, which makes me more interested. Not a fan of Gaiman or any sci-fi really.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 285>
  Share Topic