You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 286>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Anyone into European murder shows like Nordic noir genre? With a VPN ye can access dozens of great shows on iPlayer, itv player and 4OD.  Have watched the vast majority at this stage, can say they are usually brilliant.

You don't need a VPN for All4, some quality European boxsets on there though. 

I'm a big fan of German shows after watching 'Dark' on Netflix couple years ago and recently watched a mini series called 'Dark Woods' on All4 about a retired cop thats still trying to solve a cold case from 20+ years. Really enjoyed it.

Also the Deutschland '83, '86 & '89 series was brilliant.
Think Deutschland 89 was a series too far. Like some of the polish stuff on Netflix.. really liked the first series of The Mire.

I actually felt 89 was better than 86, both very good mind but 83 was phenomenal 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 9:24pm

Clark is worth a watch. Pretty funny. It’s on Netflix. Ive had a bottle of wine so Google it yourself if you want more info.

El Puto Amo
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 11:00pm
Top Gun: Maverick, anybody seen it? Is it as good as the original? Smile No Kelly McGinnis I hearThumbs Down
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 2:55pm
That doc-series on Netflix "Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey" about a fundmentalist Mormon cult is worth a watch but the story really is mind boggling and sad too though. 
Mind boggling how you could be wrapped up in such a cult

Edited by t_rAndy - 12 Jun 2022 at 2:56pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 7:56am
Just watching this as well.

It's astonishing at how deluded some people really are, some very smart people too.

It's not that long ago this happened either.

Still a good few of these LDS around Ireland too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I’ve started on We Own This City.

Only one episode is available so far. But it’s from David Simon, who made The Wire. 

It’s about corrupt police in Baltimore, has a lot of Wire regular actors, and also has Rick’s mate in the early Walking Dead as the central actor. 

Really enjoyed this.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 11:02pm
Catching the last few episodes of bbc s 70s series Secret Army on Talking Pictures - must say I am really enjoying it pity I didn’t cone across it earlier I would of taped the series 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 1:45am
Under The Banner of Heaven.  Based on a book about history of Mormon fundamentalists and a murder in Utah.  Great cast, great performances, crazy but true story. Very good. 
Team Emmet
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 9:09am
The Kominsky Method on Netflix - Funny, witty, well acted and at times, sad. Douglas and Arkin bounce off each other incredibly well. Only 5 episodes in but already plenty of cameos. Enjoying this Clap

Red Oaks on Prime - Set in the 80s at a posh country club, a coming of age comedy. The definition of easy watching but some good characters and nice nostalgia. Few laughs along the way too. If you're looking for an easy 25-30 mins, this is the wan. Think Ferris Bueller, Caddyshack but not as whacky. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 9:50am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I’ve started on We Own This City.

Only one episode is available so far. But it’s from David Simon, who made The Wire. 

It’s about corrupt police in Baltimore, has a lot of Wire regular actors, and also has Rick’s mate in the early Walking Dead as the central actor. 

Really enjoyed this.
mad carry on wasn’t it
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 2:39pm
Started "The Old Man" with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow the other night. Really enjoying it so far.

Thriller where Bridges is a former CIA op thats been living off the grid for 30 years using different identities but has eventually been tracked down. A number of assassins and the FBI are after him and so hes forced to go on the run again. Lithgow is the FBI director.

Bit of a cross between Taken and the Bourne movies. Worth a watch if you're into that type of thing. First 3 episodes are available now, the remaining 7 are out on a weekly basis so those that like to binge might want to hold off a while longer.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 3:12pm

Started "The Old Man" with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow the other night. Really enjoying it so far.

Thriller where Bridges is a former CIA op thats been living off the grid for 30 years using different identities but has eventually been tracked down. A number of assassins and the FBI are after him and so hes forced to go on the run again. Lithgow is the FBI director.

Bit of a cross between Taken and the Bourne movies. Worth a watch if you're into that type of thing. First 3 episodes are available now, the remaining 7 are out on a weekly basis so those that like to binge might want to hold off a while longer.

netflix?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

netflix?

Hulu. So probably on or coming to Disney+ in Ireland.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 11:14pm
Sherwood on BBC isn’t bad

A few questions though after two episodes 

Why didn’t they go and question the fella (paddy from shameless) who threw the snooker ball at the man in the bar shortly before the same man was murdered? 

Nottingham must be a small place as everyone on the show is linked in some way

The asian train driver who’s son got married
The son looks about 5 years younger

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 10:38am
Watched Love Island for the first time last night to see what all the fuss is about. Absolutely cringe. Embarrassed for all involved and all who watch. Kin el
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 9:37pm
Show about Keith Richards on BBC2 is good.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 3:41pm
Watched Normal People over the last week, seen first two episodes on RTE last Wednesday, so decided to finally see what the hype was about, not the worst series in the world but not the greatest
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 8:16pm
Watching "Life On Mars" again for the first time in about twelve years. I had forgotten how much I loved this show. Great entertainment and fantastic outside the box idea for a story.

In the last couple of years, there has been some talk by the original series writers and actors of the story being "revisited" in some way. Wonder what they have in mind ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 286>
  Share Topic