You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 283>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 10:53pm
Started watching a wresting documentary series at the moment, "Dark side of the Ring". Behind the scenes look at some of the controversial moments in wrestling. Episodes on the Motreals Screwjob and the Brawl for All were enertaining. The ones on Owen Hart and Chris Benoit's deaths were very dark as you'd imagine.

Don't think I know the topic of the other episodes (they weren't based on WWF/WWE)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Started watching a wresting documentary series at the moment, "Dark side of the Ring". Behind the scenes look at some of the controversial moments in wrestling. Episodes on the Motreals Screwjob and the Brawl for All were enertaining. The ones on Owen Hart and Chris Benoit's deaths were very dark as you'd imagine.

Don't think I know the topic of the other episodes (they weren't based on WWF/WWE)

Watched these as well after seeing the Chris Benoit one advertised. Good doc series and you don't really have to have been a fan.
 I loved wrestling in the day so knew a good amount of the wrestlers and some of the stories but the missus didn't know about wrestling and enjoyed them as well. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 5:09am
Watched the first episode of Tehran, seems like it'll be worth sticking with. It's about an undercover Mossad agent in Iran.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:40pm
Just finished Trial 4 on Netflix, an 8 part documentary about the arrest and eventual conviction of 2 black teens for the execution style murder of a Boston cop in 1993. The documentary exposes the corruption within the Boston Police Department and the office of the attorney general for Suffolk County. Very good but would have been even better condensed into 6 episodes.

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 12 Nov 2020 at 11:41pm
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 12:00pm
The Long Way Up on Apple TV.
Ewan McGregor and his friend are on another bike trip. Similar if you watched the previous 2 series.
This time they go from Ushuaia in Argentina to LA but they're using electric bikes.
I like travel programs so it's nice watching this not being able to go anywhere.
The dark side.. And the light
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Just finished Trial 4 on Netflix, an 8 part documentary about the arrest and eventual conviction of 2 black teens for the execution style murder of a Boston cop in 1993. The documentary exposes the corruption within the Boston Police Department and the office of the attorney general for Suffolk County. Very good but would have been even better condensed into 6 episodes.

Watching this now and really enjoying it.

Sickening what he went through, although we are very familiar with this ourselves.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Watching this now and really enjoying it.

Sickening what he went through, although we are very familiar with this ourselves.

I think they are dragging it out a bit, half way through 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 1:40am
Anyone ever rematch the full series of Dream Team? What would be the best source to rematch from start to finish?
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 4:26pm
Zero Zero Zero.

Watchable show about cocaine business. Smugglers, Italian mafia and Mexicans all involved. Not bad. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 7:40pm
All series of Spiral on BBC iplayer for those that can access it
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:48pm
Started watching Mr robot two weeks ago currently half way through season 3 really enjoying it 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Watched a few of these, the benoit one is mad. 

You have to wonder if it was Guerreros death which pushed over the edge 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:44pm
RTE Investigates: The Bomb That Time Forgot

Pretty frustrating watch. Well produced and good content but the level of ineptitude and duplicity by police and intelligence both sides of the border infuriates me on behalf of the families of the victims. The stonewalling of the perpetrators facilitated by British intelligence and tacitly approved by the likes of the unmoved Reverend Ivan Foster is so angering.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:47pm
Gardai had a convenient habit of losing files too.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Started watching Mr robot two weeks ago currently half way through season 3 really enjoying it 

S1 is top notch. Rest are also very good. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 9:32am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

S1 is top notch. Rest are also very good. 

Yeah loved Season 1

The other two I've watched so far are very good, the twist in season 2 tbh I seen a mile away, it was fairly obvious.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Done a re-watch of the Pine Barrons episode (S3 e11) from the Sopranos. 

Considered the best episode from The Sopranos, which is sayin something cause it has some amazing episodes. Some of the best tv ever made. 

Paulie: You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator.

Christopher: His house looked like sh*t.

Brilliant episode directed by Steve Bucsemi too. After Tony, Paulie and Chris were the two best characters in the show and they were at their best in that episode. Gonna have to watch it again! Chris: He's out there somewhere he's stalking us  Paulie: With what his c*ck?

I never watched this before and just finished season one.
It’s okay but I’m not sure it has stood the test of time.

Does it get better on S2 / S3?

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 9:53am
Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I know i'm incredibly late to the party but 5 seasons in and think its brilliant
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 283>
  Share Topic