You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 280>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I'm a bit late to the party but 'Friday Night Dinner' is a great little show. Just finished S1 now. The dad and neighbour are my favourite characters 

Late ? Just a tad 

Lovely bit of squirrel 

Better late than never. It is a show right up my street so mad I overlooked it so long. 

I do think it I tried to watch episode 1 when it just came out but it was right after the inbetweeners when that show was still so fresh and I think felt it was a bit weird watching Simon Bird in another role and we didn't come back to it. 

Sad now about the actor that played the dad. Didn't realize it. Won't tell the missus until we reach those episodes 

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 8:25pm

I'm a bit late to the party but 'Friday Night Dinner' is a great little show. Just finished S1 now. The dad and neighbour are my favourite characters 

Late ? Just a tad 

Lovely bit of squirrel 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yeah crackin. A nice easy 20 min watch. The granny (she was Mrs Creswell in Jolly Boys outing) is great too.

The aul boy with his top off constantly “ah piss it”

He’s brown bread now Cry
Paul Ritter, he was brilliant in Chernobyl as Dyatlov as well. Very sad
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 8:09pm

Yeah crackin. A nice easy 20 min watch. The granny (she was Mrs Creswell in Jolly Boys outing) is great too.

The aul boy with his top off constantly “ah piss it”

He’s brown bread now Cry
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 7:38pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Yeah watching this and True Detective as they come out and Masters of the Air is far better. True Detective very slow, would wanna pick up fast last 2 episodes now.

Enjoying both.

I started season 1 of true detective at least four times but never got being episode 2. Tried it again and glad I did, it improves so the time with a great ending.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 4:11am
Your Honor S2 was decent but nowhere near as good as S1. No need for a 10-parter when there was so little going on.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 12:32am
Yeah watching this and True Detective as they come out and Masters of the Air is far better. True Detective very slow, would wanna pick up fast last 2 episodes now.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 9:58pm

Masters of the Air - Apple tv

Started this last night and have the two available episodes done. Naturally very like Band of Brothers but with it being 2024, some incredibly stunning production.

But.... i dont like the leads from the opening two. Not sure if it shifts attention to other characters like BoB. The two "Bucky" lads are hard to warm to. One of them like an uncool version of Iceman from Top Gun.

Anyway, we will see how it progresses.

Excellent 3rd episode 
AS YOU WERE McGx

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 10:32am
And Billy O Neill from Dream Team
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 3:55am
It's definitely in the top 5. A random cast in it, from fellas like Tom Hardy, Damien Lewis, Stephen Graham, David Schwimmer, Donnie Wahlberg, to lads who were in the Renford Rejects.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Started this last night and have the two available episodes done. Naturally very like Band of Brothers but with it being 2024, some incredibly stunning production.

But.... i dont like the leads from the opening two. Not sure if it shifts attention to other characters like BoB. The two "Bucky" lads are hard to warm to. One of them like an uncool version of Iceman from Top Gun.

Never got round to watching Band of Brothers before but decided to watch it and The Pacific before starting Masters of the Air. Six episodes into BoB now, it's very good alright, enjoying it.

I’d probably put Band of Brothers in my top 5 TV shows of all time. Quality TV, some very big stars from today who got their break from that show too.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 5:45pm
The guy from the North of Ireland playing the Navigator is very good he is also the narrator.(Masters of the Air).

Edited by Declanus - 01 Feb 2024 at 5:46pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Cabs88 Cabs88 wrote:

Watched two of the Harlan Coben adaptions over the break. Fool me once and The stranger. Enjoyed them 

Fool Me Once was very good. 
The Innocent is excellent. Hold Tight also very good
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 3:16pm

Never got round to watching Band of Brothers before but decided to watch it and The Pacific before starting Masters of the Air. Six episodes into BoB now, it's very good alright, enjoying it.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 2:58pm
Thought the rugby one was better than a lot of the media were saying it was going to be. 
People giving out that it wasn't 'all-access' to the dressing rooms but i think less and less teams are allowing that type of access anyway, which is understandable. So i thought fine to focus on some personal stories while also providing the insights into the games and results.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 2:43pm
Watched some of the six nations thing on Netflix and the world cup captains thing.  Both look pretty crap and boring. 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 3:25pm

AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 280>
  Share Topic