You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tune are you listening to at the minute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 350351352353354 523>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:00pm
Housemartins were quality, end of.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Excellent band and superb live.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:18pm

Heaton is quality, one of the best songwriters of the last forty years. London 0 Hull 4 is just superb from start to finish.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Heaton is quality, one of the best songwriters of the last forty years. London 0 Hull 4 is just superb from start to finish.

A lyric from "She Got the Garden" (a song about a couple breaking up) which is on the last album that himself and Jacqui Abbott did - "Just when I thought she couldn't get any lower she got the garden and I got the mower"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 6:39am

Leonard Cohen - First we take Manhattan.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

A lyric from "She Got the Garden" (a song about a couple breaking up) which is on the last album that himself and Jacqui Abbott did - "Just when I thought she couldn't get any lower she got the garden and I got the mower"
That's a quality tune alright, I'm hoping to get to see the two of them play in a forest near me this summer. They are on the night after Gary Barlow, which would be an interesting conversation!

Currently listening to one from the Beautiful South era, I've Come For My Award. Probably my favourite lyric criticising Thatcherism.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 3:28pm
Big Tom - Back to Castleblayney Clap
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 3:42pm
The Human League - Only After Dark
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 4:02pm
Magnetic fields - Weird diseases
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 4:21pm

That's a quality tune alright, I'm hoping to get to see the two of them play in a forest near me this summer. They are on the night after Gary Barlow, which would be an interesting conversation!

Currently listening to one from the Beautiful South era, I've Come For My Award. Probably my favourite lyric criticising Thatcherism.

I saw them in the Olympia in Dublin a few months ago and they were great. Definitely go and see them if you can.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 6:54am

I saw them in the Olympia in Dublin a few months ago and they were great. Definitely go and see them if you can.

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott were quality live in Sunderland last November.

Edited by Double Maxim - 19 Apr 2018 at 6:55am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:21am

JUST f**kING WOW!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:49am
The Number Ones- Sharon Shouldn't
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:01pm
Havent a clue but its 107.10 Trax FM Cool
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:57am

Talking Heads - Take me to the River.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

JUST f**kING WOW!!

Bizarre that Prince didn't release this himself.I always thought his version was much faster and that Sinéad added a lot to the song with a slower delivery and production, in the same way Paul Young did with Marvin Gaye's, Wherever I Lay My Hat, this proves that wasn't the case.Prince wasn't always the best at judging how good his own stuff was.Incredible that he died leaving over 1,000 unreleased recorded songs and that he,Michael Jackson and Tom Petty all died from fentanyl overdoses.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:11am
Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (but I'll get over it) 
Wink
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:47am

The Waterboys - Girl in a Kayak.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 350351352353354 523>
  Share Topic