New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is your preferred outcome in tomorrow's draw?

What is your preferred outcome in tomorrow's draw?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Poll Question: Order of preference of opponents in tomorrow's Playoff draw?
28 [28.28%]
53 [53.54%]
6 [6.06%]
6 [6.06%]
1 [1.01%]
2 [2.02%]
3 [3.03%]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:53pm
Greece I'd say

I'd bet ourselves and the Swedes are the teams the seeds don't want to play

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:02am

Be interesting to see what the top seeds wants - anybody on their forums?

obviously just the opinion of one journalist from each of the seeded countries but still insightful

JAVIER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:16am
TO BE HONEST  WE CAN BEAT ANY OF THEM.....
\
i want the swiss  since they dont feel  the national team shirt...they are a bunch of plastic cheese eaters stranded in La  Confederation Helvetique...,,,sh*tty team

the Denmark not a great team....but they have a few good talented players but they are mind fragile...plus we always get them bar  1985

then croatia .. and italy at the same level....media pressure plus sponsorship for Italy...but they have an average team bar ...Buffon who is a  39/ years old GK......CROATIA...had a bad qualififers they got defeated by iceland ...and are not performing well but they have  modric  rakitic and the big fellow from juventus up front

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Great times being involved in a world cup play off draw. Hope we get the Danish. Gonna say a prayer tonight!

I'd prefer the Danes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:33am
What times the draw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:46am

What times the draw

Depends where you are located. 

but it is 14.00 CET.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:54am
Id nearly rather we were the underdog for the fixture. Probably about level with the Danes in terms of dog. Big smile

willmcc83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:55am
I'd disagree with that Croatian journalist's comments about the average Croatian football fan - almost every Croatian I've ever met knows a lot about every national team and league in Europe.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:06am
Found it quite strange most of journalists said the fans wouldn't know any of the Irish Players. The Italians for example should know about Brady unless they have suffered amnesia since last year
keith11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:45am
When will the fixture date be agreed ? If the draw is at 1pm  then how long before the date is announced ?  Is it pretty much straight away or do we end up waiting a few hours.   I presume if we are drawn at home then we have to play thursday or friday because of the rugby ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:20am

obviously just the opinion of one journalist from each of the seeded countries but still insightful

Fair play to the Swiss
at least they know an irish player

What sort of a journalist can't name a single player from a national team that was at the last two Euro Championships?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 17 Oct 2017 at 10:22am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:25am

Fair play to the Swiss
at least they know an irish player

What sort of a journalist can't name a single player from a national team that was at the last two Euro Championships?

I'd imagine most football fans would be able to name at least a few players from the majority of the top 30 teams in World football.

One lad in comments says he wouldn't know any Italian players outside of Buffon and Darmian Confused

Pubes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:10am
With all this talk about Denmark, the north are a cert to get them

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:56am
1.) Anybody but Croatia

2.) Switzerland. I think that group they were in has given them the reputation as a team who will steam roll you. Germany, they are not. That group was muck. Portugal were tearing their defence apart with ease the other night. 

I still think we could get past any of these things, but the idea of Italy not qualifying for a World Cup is just hard to get past. If they need to get the result, I feel they will.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:04pm
Italia, grazie.
Touts Out!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Italia, grazie.

Are ye mad ? It'll be 2009 all over again. No way will FIFA want the Italians missing out. They'll get every decision going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:06pm
I actually think we'll get Italy.

No draw will be kind regardless, but Denmark would be the team I feel we would have the best chance against. 

The Green Werewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Green Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by keith11 keith11 wrote:

When will the fixture date be agreed ? If the draw is at 1pm  then how long before the date is announced ?  Is it pretty much straight away or do we end up waiting a few hours.   I presume if we are drawn at home then we have to play thursday or friday because of the rugby ?

Looking for the same answer. For all the bullsh*t "everything you need to know about the play off draw" articles floating about not one says it.

Edited by McAteerdrops - 17 Oct 2017 at 12:10pm
Away days brighten the North Stand, Our football friends from foreign lands. They'd nudge eachother with their hands - "Wow these really are the worlds best fans"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>