You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is your preferred outcome in tomorrow's draw?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is your preferred outcome in tomorrow's draw?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Poll Question: Order of preference of opponents in tomorrow's Playoff draw?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
28 [28.28%]
53 [53.54%]
6 [6.06%]
6 [6.06%]
1 [1.01%]
2 [2.02%]
3 [3.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaximusGizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:36pm
I really hope that we don't get Croatia. I'd say that we would be totally overran by their midfield especially in the away leg.
Sponsored Links

DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:39pm
I'm praying for the Swiss, that is all. Hoping we get lucky.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:42pm
Great times being involved in a world cup play off draw. Hope we get the Danish. Gonna say a prayer tonight!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:45pm
They also drew at home to both Finland and Turkey and lost to Iceland and Turkey.

I'd prefer them to Italy, Italy will definitely be at the World Cup, this play off is nothing more than a stumbling block and that they'll raise their game and qualify.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:46pm
If we're up against Croatia, we're obviously going to sit back so that they don't overrun us in midfield in that sense. 

The problem with doing that is they'll have sustained periods of pressure on us and they have the players to pick us off if one of our defensive unit switches off and they play someone in.

Whatever people think about Whelan, he would certainly be my first name on the team sheet against a creative Croatian/Italian midfield anyway. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

They also drew at home to both Finland and Turkey and lost to Iceland and Turkey.

I'd prefer them to Italy, Italy will definitely be at the World Cup, this play off is nothing more than a stumbling block and that they'll raise their game and qualify.

Exactly.

Can't believe anyone on ybig thinks that Italy would be an easier wicket to take than Croatia. Confused
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:51pm
What time is the draw tmrw?
Both home/away legs decided tmrw too ?
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:54pm
Denmark please. Purely for the fact that waste of space bendnter is still playing for them.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:54pm
Here is what I would like and my reasons are this. I voted Croatia. 

1. Italy make tournaments - they always do. We beat them at the Euro's. They owe us one and they're Italy. 

2. Croatia struggled in a piss poor group and lost out on top spot to Iceland. They sacked their manager before Ukraine game, they are generally in turmoil. Players not performing, mutiny in camp, serious unrest etc. 

3. We play away first and manage to contain them. Those Countries like Croatia etc, the fans are lunatics. Imagine the negativity towards them if they couldn't break down little old Ireland. They would almost be rioting. 

4. They would then travel to Dublin under MASSIVE pressure from spectators / media and would end up saying daft things that would motivate us even further. 

5. These are the games MON has shown he can win. No better man to set us up to stifle and beat the Croats. 

6. The least amount of bandwagoners will travel to this game.

7. I have never been - that interests me. 

8. We are due a scalp. We already have Italy & PS we don't want them. They will be at the World Cup.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:57pm
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

What time is the draw tmrw?
Both home/away legs decided tmrw too ?

1pm afaik.

Home/away order will be drawn at the same time.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:05pm
Denmark
Yes because Eriksen aside, they would be similar to us. It would be a close game and they are the weakest of the top sides.
No because they won 4 out of the last 5 beating Poland 4-0. They lost 2 out of the first 3 so on form this year.

Swiss
Yes because they have no real top quality players.
No because they did win 9 games. Maybe an easy group but still impressive.

Croatia
Yes because they are inconsistent and with a new manager.
No because that midfield could murder us.

Italy
Yes because not the force they once were.
No because over two legs they would slowly beat us.

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:07pm
Cheers for info
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:09pm
Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but the rights to show the WC in Italy haven't been bought by anybody yet so you'd imagine FIFA will be doing their darndest to smooth the way for Italy to get through. The rights are worth a huge amount of money and near f**k all to FIFA if they don't get through... so for that reason, I really don't want the Italians.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:14pm
I watched a repeat of the Denmark v Poland game ,it was mental,it seemed like every time they took a shot they scored,they both had around the same attempts on goal,Poland were a bit unlucky.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet, but the rights to show the WC in Italy haven't been bought by anybody yet so you'd imagine FIFA will be doing their darndest to smooth the way for Italy to get through. The rights are worth a huge amount of money and near f**k all to FIFA if they don't get through... so for that reason, I really don't want the Italians.

Plus FIFA will no doubt have been spooked by Argentina just about qualifying but also USA failing to qualify - marketing and commercial opportunities, as with Italy, would be worth a fortune and that's now gone. Surely FIFA won't want to lose out on another big market.   

Edited by ConorMac77 - 16 Oct 2017 at 8:16pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:16pm
FIFA won't be stung by USA missing out. TV rights for there has been done already
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:21pm
I think we can beat the Croats , just feel it's our time .........
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic