You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is Trump's biggest mistake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 1:34pm
I love how he's constantly screaming into the twitter with block capitals

He must do absolutely no work
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would say the biggest mistake was made by his father........

Or even his mother for not having a 'headache' that night...

No Trump has had consensual sex without large wads of cash.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 1:57pm
A mistake would suggest a lack of intention. I think he has generally ruled with intention and has intended to do what he has done. However, that doesn't eliminate the negativity and poor outcomes which have resulted from his politics and term of office.

The office of the POTUS will require a major makeover when he is done.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Can you not see the obvious legal implications of it ?

He's entitled to a presumption of innocence and due process under the legal system.

Most Defence attorneys will argue he can't now get a fair trial.

That might happen here, but America doesn't have anything like the sub judice protections we have here. In American, freedom of speech is king, and they trust their juries not to be misled and to take into account only what they hear in court. I don't know what the right balance is (it might be somewhere between the two) but I don't think he has prejudiced the right to a fair trial: hell, I think we all know Trump is a blowhard and most sane US jurors know the same, especially in a liberal state like New York. It can of course be argued but it's not likely to be successful. Most elected officials are smart enough to keep their mouths shut, but we aren't dealing with an elected official like that here.

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'm far from an expert.

But because of that tweet he can try claim extradition back to Uzbekistan on the basis he won't get a fair trial on violation of the Human Rights Act. It's unlikely but it shouldn't of even gotten to that stage.

In one word, no. Extradition works the other way around: you use Human Rights arguments to avoid being extradited to a country that wants to try you. If you're already in the country that wants to try you, none of that is any use.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If it was Ireland he'd get off and win a court case for defamation and get 5 million

Not a chance and even though you're clearly being ironic, that post is absolute nonsense.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 02 Nov 2017 at 2:46pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

He's entitled to a presumption of innocence and due process under the legal system.

That might happen here, but America doesn't have anything like the sub judice protections we have here. In American, freedom of speech is king, and they trust their juries not to be misled and to take into account only what they hear in court. I don't know what the right balance is (it might be somewhere between the two) but I don't think he has prejudiced the right to a fair trial: hell, I think we all know Trump is a blowhard and most sane US jurors know the same, especially in a liberal state like New York. It can of course be argued but it's not likely to be successful. Most elected officials are smart enough to keep their mouths shut, but we aren't dealing with an elected official like that here.

Number of Former US prosecutors are nuts over this though and suggesting his Attorneys can bring this up.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 Nov 2017 at 2:52pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:54pm
I would also expect that if he makes statements confirming his role and his influence over the outcome, and a guilty plea, it would hugely weaken any argument of prejudice?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:56pm
Oh they can and no doubt they will. They'd be stupid not to, frankly. I'm just not so sure it'll be successful is all. They always filter juries too, so they can challenge jurors based on those who follow ol' blowhard on the tweetmachine.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:09pm
What attorney would front up to defend this mongrel though??
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:30pm
One who knows anything about history.

First they came for the ay-rabs....
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:38pm

Home Alone 2

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:48pm
Not hiring TJ as his publicist...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:53pm
I would have to say his biggest mistake from an Irish point of view is not taking out the Kim Jong Un of Irish football
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 5:01pm

I'm far from an expert.

But because of that tweet he can try claim extradition back to Uzbekistan on the basis he won't get a fair trial on violation of the Human Rights Act. It's unlikely but it shouldn't of even gotten to that stage.

They should extradite him to Argentina instead.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I'm far from an expert.

But because of
that tweet he can try claim extradition back to Uzbekistan on the basis
he won't get a fair trial on violation of the Human Rights Act. It's
unlikely but it shouldn't of even gotten to that stage.

In one word, no. Extradition works the other way around: you use Human Rights arguments to avoid being extradited to a country that wants to try you. If you're already in the country that wants to try you, none of that is any use.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If it was Ireland he'd get off and win a court case for defamation and get 5 million

Not a chance and even though you're clearly being ironic, that post is absolute nonsense.

I was extracting the urine a d having a dig at Eire's ridiculous sentences
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 5:13pm
Trumps boggest mistake was not immediately retreating from his oul wans gooch as soon as he was off loaded in there by his oul lad.
ChuckVANSeagal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 7:47pm
Moving his lips.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 7:59pm
Not introducing Newryrep’s Away Scheme
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:56pm
Keep em coming, 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic