You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is generation woke?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is generation woke?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 2176
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Few people will actually wear the term with pride.

It probably has very negative connotations as far as most people are concerned. It was originally a term used amongst black people in the States, but is now is heavily associated with smug, white, privileged, middle-class bourgeois twats who only pay lip-service to social issues for appearances' sake without in any way actually properly understanding them, trying to understand them, nor really giving a genuine f**k about anyone or anything but themselves.
A lot of projection there

Its almost like you're not what you claim to be, and are in fact a troll LOL

You remind me of this

https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1143280089133699072


Eh? You're the queen of logical fallacies, extravagantly indulging in them in almost every response to anyone with whom you disagree, and yet regularly enjoy accusing others of the self-same thing.

Try constructing a thought-out, reasoned, cogent argument for once.

Back to Top
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Status: Online
Points: 10289
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Few people will actually wear the term with pride.

It probably has very negative connotations as far as most people are concerned. It was originally a term used amongst black people in the States, but is now is heavily associated with smug, white, privileged, middle-class bourgeois twats who only pay lip-service to social issues for appearances' sake without in any way actually properly understanding them, trying to understand them, nor really giving a genuine f**k about anyone or anything but themselves.
A lot of projection there

Its almost like you're not what you claim to be, and are in fact a troll LOL

You remind me of this

https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1143280089133699072


Eh? You're the queen of logical fallacies, extravagantly indulging in them in almost every response to anyone with whom you disagree, and yet regularly enjoy accusing others of the self-same thing.

Try constructing a thought-out, reasoned, cogent argument for once.

He did it

He said "logical fallacy" LOL

And he called me "the queen" LOL

Oh mercy




Edited by sid waddell - 17 Oct 2020 at 12:03pm
"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

Back to Top
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Location: Dublin/Donegal
Status: Offline
Points: 5926
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I can't stand all these new buzzwords that Americasn and indeed the internet have invented.
Agreed. If they are mentioned it just puts me off reading, particularly in social media or forums as when they are used it's normally someone on a mad rant or someone who has to throw out these terms to avoid debating with any substance
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Online
Points: 43052
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 12:25pm
A good rule of thumb alright. If woke, political correctness etc. are mentioned, it is nearly certain that the writer is a twat.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 22327
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 12:55pm
Back to Top
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1418
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:09pm
Woke is basically the youth/privileged white kids of today who are offended by everything they are social justice warriors who cry out at every opportunity against people who have a different view to them using violence if needs be a bit like Antifa. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Back to Top
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Status: Online
Points: 10289
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Woke is basically the youth/privileged white kids of today who are offended by everything they are social justice warriors who cry out at every opportunity against people who have a different view to them using violence if needs be a bit like Antifa. 
Do you disagree with social justice?
"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Online
Points: 43052
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Woke is basically the youth/privileged white kids of today who are offended by everything they are social justice warriors who cry out at every opportunity against people who have a different view to them using violence if needs be a bit like Antifa. 
What part of anti-racism and social justice do you have a problem with?
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 2176
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Few people will actually wear the term with pride.

It probably has very negative connotations as far as most people are concerned. It was originally a term used amongst black people in the States, but is now is heavily associated with smug, white, privileged, middle-class bourgeois twats who only pay lip-service to social issues for appearances' sake without in any way actually properly understanding them, trying to understand them, nor really giving a genuine f**k about anyone or anything but themselves.
A lot of projection there

Its almost like you're not what you claim to be, and are in fact a troll LOL

You remind me of this

https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1143280089133699072


Eh? You're the queen of logical fallacies, extravagantly indulging in them in almost every response to anyone with whom you disagree, and yet regularly enjoy accusing others of the self-same thing.

Try constructing a thought-out, reasoned, cogent argument for once.

He did it

He said "logical fallacy" LOL

And he called me "the queen" LOL

Oh mercy


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tt-dxwLWmU

Back to Top
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Location: Castlebar
Status: Online
Points: 24176
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:37pm
I don't think any right minded person has a problem with social justice or anti racism. What gets a little tiresome are people who are offended on other people's behalf.

Also the concept of cultural appropriation or whatever, is a bit of a nonsense in my view. Two incidents that come to mind was the apparent controversy of a white guy with dreadlocks or a little girl dressed as Moana.

Also it was a little bit weird how much abuse JK Rowling got on twitter lately. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Back to Top
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Status: Online
Points: 10289
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Few people will actually wear the term with pride.

It probably has very negative connotations as far as most people are concerned. It was originally a term used amongst black people in the States, but is now is heavily associated with smug, white, privileged, middle-class bourgeois twats who only pay lip-service to social issues for appearances' sake without in any way actually properly understanding them, trying to understand them, nor really giving a genuine f**k about anyone or anything but themselves.
A lot of projection there

Its almost like you're not what you claim to be, and are in fact a troll LOL

You remind me of this

https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1143280089133699072


Eh? You're the queen of logical fallacies, extravagantly indulging in them in almost every response to anyone with whom you disagree, and yet regularly enjoy accusing others of the self-same thing.

Try constructing a thought-out, reasoned, cogent argument for once.

He did it

He said "logical fallacy" LOL

And he called me "the queen" LOL

Oh mercy


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tt-dxwLWmU


"YouTube"

Thanks for that LOL
"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

Back to Top
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Status: Online
Points: 10289
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I don't think any right minded person has a problem with social justice or anti racism. What gets a little tiresome are people who are offended on other people's behalf.

Also the concept of cultural appropriation or whatever, is a bit of a nonsense in my view. Two incidents that come to mind was the apparent controversy of a white guy with dreadlocks or a little girl dressed as Moana.

Also it was a little bit weird how much abuse JK Rowling got on twitter lately. 
I'd be a bit less worried about some Twitter abuse aimed at a billionaire author than about the very real abuse heaped on trans people which that same billionaire author contributed to with her dog whistling

Slight bit of a power imbalance there

And again it was telling that Rowling resorted to fake victimhood because she couldn't defend stupid opinions






Edited by sid waddell - 17 Oct 2020 at 6:10pm
"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

Back to Top
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 2176
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Few people will actually wear the term with pride.

It probably has very negative connotations as far as most people are concerned. It was originally a term used amongst black people in the States, but is now is heavily associated with smug, white, privileged, middle-class bourgeois twats who only pay lip-service to social issues for appearances' sake without in any way actually properly understanding them, trying to understand them, nor really giving a genuine f**k about anyone or anything but themselves.
A lot of projection there

Its almost like you're not what you claim to be, and are in fact a troll LOL

You remind me of this

https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1143280089133699072


Eh? You're the queen of logical fallacies, extravagantly indulging in them in almost every response to anyone with whom you disagree, and yet regularly enjoy accusing others of the self-same thing.

Try constructing a thought-out, reasoned, cogent argument for once.

He did it

He said "logical fallacy" LOL

And he called me "the queen" LOL

Oh mercy


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tt-dxwLWmU


"YouTube"

Thanks for that LOL

It's quite a popular medium. Maybe you should try it out.

Do the quotation marks suggest you doubt its existence? I'm not quite sure.
Back to Top
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Status: Online
Points: 10289
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:14pm
Do the "anti-woke" loonies complain about the vicious abuse dished out to prominent women of colour such as Diane Abbott, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar?

Did they complain about the constant vile misogynist threats against Hillary Clinton in 2016?

Did they fook

They lapped it up and they lap it up

Clinton was totally right with her "basket of deplorables" comment

The whole of right-wing politics is deplorable
"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

Back to Top
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Status: Online
Points: 10289
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Few people will actually wear the term with pride.

It probably has very negative connotations as far as most people are concerned. It was originally a term used amongst black people in the States, but is now is heavily associated with smug, white, privileged, middle-class bourgeois twats who only pay lip-service to social issues for appearances' sake without in any way actually properly understanding them, trying to understand them, nor really giving a genuine f**k about anyone or anything but themselves.
A lot of projection there

Its almost like you're not what you claim to be, and are in fact a troll LOL

You remind me of this

https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1143280089133699072


Eh? You're the queen of logical fallacies, extravagantly indulging in them in almost every response to anyone with whom you disagree, and yet regularly enjoy accusing others of the self-same thing.

Try constructing a thought-out, reasoned, cogent argument for once.

He did it

He said "logical fallacy" LOL

And he called me "the queen" LOL

Oh mercy


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tt-dxwLWmU


"YouTube"

Thanks for that LOL

It's quite a popular medium. Maybe you should try it out.

Do the quotation marks suggest you doubt its existence? I'm not quite sure.
I'm very familiar with YouTube, thanks

Strange that you think I wouldn't be

I've no idea why you'd post a YouTube link with no context as some sort of imagined rebuttal though 

Maybe you forgot to write "Do ur own reserch" and "lern to tink 4 urself"

What's clear about you from your posts is that you are a very strange individual who has very little to say yet is also unhealthily angry, and at me for some reason, a forum poster who until recently had never even interacted with you

Great to know I'm not being ignored, at least

Given what you posted last night I think you'd be best off taking a break from the internet and doing some reading instead, because it's clearly not healthy for you
"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

Back to Top
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 2176
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Do the "anti-woke" loonies complain about the vicious abuse dished out to prominent women of colour such as Diane Abbott, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar?

Did they complain about the constant vile misogynist threats against Hillary Clinton in 2016?

Did they fook

They lapped it up and they lap it up

Clinton was totally right with her "basket of deplorables" comment

The whole of right-wing politics is deplorable

Was this murderer right with her 'totally obliterate Iran', 'we came, we saw, he died' or her misspoken (lying) 'we landed under sniper fire' comments, as well?

What a sh*tty set of views you hold. Your perspective on the world, like those you hold dear like Clinton, et al, are completely vile.

As if you give a sh*t about racism and misogyny.

Utterly laughable.
Back to Top
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 2176
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Few people will actually wear the term with pride.

It probably has very negative connotations as far as most people are concerned. It was originally a term used amongst black people in the States, but is now is heavily associated with smug, white, privileged, middle-class bourgeois twats who only pay lip-service to social issues for appearances' sake without in any way actually properly understanding them, trying to understand them, nor really giving a genuine f**k about anyone or anything but themselves.
A lot of projection there

Its almost like you're not what you claim to be, and are in fact a troll LOL

You remind me of this

https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1143280089133699072


Eh? You're the queen of logical fallacies, extravagantly indulging in them in almost every response to anyone with whom you disagree, and yet regularly enjoy accusing others of the self-same thing.

Try constructing a thought-out, reasoned, cogent argument for once.

He did it

He said "logical fallacy" LOL

And he called me "the queen" LOL

Oh mercy


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tt-dxwLWmU


"YouTube"

Thanks for that LOL

It's quite a popular medium. Maybe you should try it out.

Do the quotation marks suggest you doubt its existence? I'm not quite sure.
I'm very familiar with YouTube, thanks

Strange that you think I wouldn't be

I've no idea why you'd post a YouTube link with no context as some sort of imagined rebuttal though 

Maybe you forgot to write "Do ur own reserch" and "lern to tink 4 urself"

What's clear about you from your posts is that you are a very strange individual who has very little to say yet is also unhealthily angry, and at me for some reason, a forum poster who until recently had never even interacted with you

Great to know I'm not being ignored, at least

Given what you posted last night I think you'd be best off taking a break from the internet and doing some reading instead, because it's clearly not healthy for you

There's a great deal to be angry about. And it's very healthy to kick against the pricks who think the sh*tty status quo is just dandy.

And evidently I'm one of the very few people on here who does actually read.
Back to Top
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Status: Online
Points: 10289
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Do the "anti-woke" loonies complain about the vicious abuse dished out to prominent women of colour such as Diane Abbott, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar?

Did they complain about the constant vile misogynist threats against Hillary Clinton in 2016?

Did they fook

They lapped it up and they lap it up

Clinton was totally right with her "basket of deplorables" comment

The whole of right-wing politics is deplorable

Was this murderer right with her 'totally obliterate Iran', 'we came, we saw, he died' or her misspoken (lying) 'we landed under sniper fire' comments, as well?

What a sh*tty set of views you hold. Your perspective on the world, like those you hold dear like Clinton, et al, are completely vile.

As if you give a sh*t about racism and misogyny.

Utterly laughable.
You're nuts mate LOL


"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.