You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What happened to the Tifos?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened to the Tifos?
    Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:10am
Couldn't find what happened to the old flags on looking back. Does anyone know what happened and if we could get them for the first game of the campaign?
Sponsored Links

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:13am
As a YBIG back bencher, I cannot answer this. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:21am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

As a YBIG back bencher, I cannot answer this. 

Confused
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:26am
Some of them disappeared from Lansdowne. Think most of them are still there. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:47am
I believe they are in a bag in Lansdowne but since communication between ybig and the fai have broken down in recent years we havent been able to find them.

Maybe one of our friends from the confederation came help us locate them

Edited by drog addict - 18 Jan 2019 at 10:48am
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:50am
If you're on the lower tier its too difficult to find somewhere to hang them up if bringing your own. The Fai do nothing to facilitate the stadium being well decked out on match day
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Why haven't they been taken out? Trying to remember the last time something like was brought out
Danger here, OH NO
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:58am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Why haven't they been taken out? Trying to remember the last time something like was brought out

McGlue confiscated them along with wallets and phones of fans at a match in 2015 was last I heard and haven’t been seen since
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:58am
It was one of the things brought up in the now infamous JD meeting, I'd imagine if we approached them now on it they'd be receptive, not sure the place to start mind.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 1:35pm
Tried to get them before the Denmark playoff game. One of the lads on here ran McGlue but nothing came off it. Would be good to see a few tifos out for the next campaign.

Edited by Donegalman - 18 Jan 2019 at 1:35pm
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 5:15pm
Bosnia was the last game any display was arranged I think. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 5:27pm
The Confederation also bought a load of them for a game - but I think they all went walk about after it - not sure exactly - surely must be some of them left though 

There really are some real arseholes that follow the team as the amount of banners, tifos and flags nicked by other fans is disgusting 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 6:31pm
They used to be kept in a box in the aviva that we got access to early match day. They should still be their never heard of any more going missing (last game we had them wad Bosnia playoff)

Biggest reason they were stopped was lack of help around sorting them before games etc used to be the same 4 or 5 of us doing it every game 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:41am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

They used to be kept in a box in the aviva that we got access to early match day. They should still be their never heard of any more going missing (last game we had them wad Bosnia playoff)

Biggest reason they were stopped was lack of help around sorting them before games etc used to be the same 4 or 5 of us doing it every game 

I for one, always wanted to help and I nearly always held one, but getting down early was problematic. If it's onerous, maybe could be just sought for one or two bigger games of the campaign. Definitely added something to the SS atmosphere.

IIRC some people used to be giving about them momentarily obscuring their view Confused

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

I for one, always wanted to help and I nearly always held one, but getting down early was problematic. If it's onerous, maybe could be just sought for one or two bigger games of the campaign. Definitely added something to the SS atmosphere.

IIRC some people used to be giving about them momentarily obscuring their view Confused

I work just off Merrion Square and always take a half day for home games. Would be willing to help with any set up
Danger here, OH NO
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 3:33pm

Those people shouldnt be in the singing section but in a moany hole section of the ground
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Those people shouldnt be in the singing section but in a moany hole section of the ground
Would it not be handier if people were given a tifo or 2 and for them to take it to every game? Would save lads meeting up early to organise it. I would certainly have no problem carrying one to all the home games. If it’s a case of them going missing then just give them to a few on here who go to every game.
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 11:05am

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Yes Clap...and you need to forcefully expelled there if you're being a dope (like the wan giving out to me for shouting too loudly the last dayShocked)

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Would it not be handier if people were given a tifo or 2 and for them to take it to every game? Would save lads meeting up early to organise it. I would certainly have no problem carrying one to all the home games. If it’s a case of them going missing then just give them to a few on here who go to every game.
Ah you'd have to carry it around town all day like some mental LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic