Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What happened in Saipan?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened in Saipan?
    Posted: 24 May 2020 at 2:41pm
There's been a shroud of secrecy about this incident for nearly 20 years but it's time to finally lift the lid on this.   The media refuse to write about it and just wish to sweep it under the carpet and forget it ever happened. So what actually happened and who was at fault?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

So what actually happened and who was at fault?

I actually saw a documentary about it on one of those cable channels the other day.

It was truly horrible, with blood and guts and casualties everywhere. Lots of people were left traumatised, and suffer to this this very day.

It should never be forgotten.

Edited by Territorial - 24 May 2020 at 3:01pm
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 3:07pm
Apparently something happened at the away game in Iran, was alluded to on the radio yesterday, no details and I'd never heard of it before 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Apparently something happened at the away game in Iran, was alluded to on the radio yesterday, no details and I'd never heard of it before 
Think the plan was hatched there when Roy wasn’t about!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 8:59pm
Roy refused to go to Iran .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I know. injured. 
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 10:13pm
Mick and Roy didn't like each other. Going to Saipan was your standard FAI incompetence act. Add in media sh*te-stirring, and you've got a farce turned into a footballing catastrophe.

One of the principal actors has since served time in jail. 

All very English Red Top-like.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 10:43pm
Who did the jail time?

Edit: Had completely forgotten about him!

Edited by 50%lesssugar&salt - 24 May 2020 at 10:44pm
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:39am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

I know. injured. 

Completing 90 minutes for United against Leicester 48 hours after the Iran game, and completing 90 minutes against Bayern Munich on the following Tuesday, followed by another 90 minutes vs Arsenal on the Sunday.

Some turnaround from not being able to play one game! Within 2 days it was healed enough to play 90 minutes and it healed so much that he was able to play 3 games in 8 days!

Must have been on the magic beans or had a visit from the pope.

Edited by E2016 - 25 May 2020 at 1:40am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:40am

Who cares anymore he's gone end of story .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:43am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

I know. injured. 

Completing 90 minutes for United against Leicester 48 hours after the Iran game, and completing 90 minutes against Bayern Munich on the following Tuesday, followed by another 90 minutes vs Arsenal on the Sunday.

Some turnaround from not being able to play one game! Within 2 days it was healed enough to play 90 minutes and it healed so much that he was able to play 3 games in 8 days!

As if Keane was the only player to do that🤔
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:52am
Stick your thread up your bollocks
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:54am
Roy was our greatest player of all time and should be remembered for that along with his professionalism that Mick McCarthy nor the FAI have ever embraced. 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:01am

I know. injured. 

He was the only player to do that (complete lack of professionalism) and then decide that he was too professional to be dealing with bad facilities for a few days. 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:42am

I know. injured. 

He was the only player to do that (complete lack of professionalism) and then decide that he was too professional to be dealing with bad facilities for a few days. 

i think you have just contradicted yourself there LOL
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

I know. injured. 

i think you have just contradicted yourself there LOL

Edited by E2016 - 25 May 2020 at 11:22am
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

I know. injured. 

No magic beans, but the Pope was definitely in the dressing-rooms.

John Paul II had a soft spot for us and a hard spot for Mick Byrne
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:44pm

I know. injured. 

Aye there’s big love on here for the boys that turn up all the time but do nothing on the Pitch!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic