You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What book are you reading at the moment ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 75>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 10:59am
Anyone read "And then the sun Shines"? Starts off at Hillsborough and goes through a lot of british life, focusing a lot on how Sky and the Premier League became such a mammoth. Halfway through it at the moment and really enjoying it.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Close to finishing Anthony Kiedis's book Scar tissue.

Wouldn't call myself the biggest RHCP fan (like stuff with John frusciante )

great book a real insight into the life he has led, not sure how 100% true some of his stories are and if he just playing them up but enjoyable read.

I got a good few books there last week so I should be well covered for next month or two

Did the Chili Peppers ever get that scart issue sorted?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 2:50pm
LOL
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Close to finishing Anthony Kiedis's book Scar tissue.

Wouldn't call myself the biggest RHCP fan (like stuff with John frusciante )

great book a real insight into the life he has led, not sure how 100% true some of his stories are and if he just playing them up but enjoyable read.

I got a good few books there last week so I should be well covered for next month or two

Did the Chili Peppers ever get that scart issue sorted?
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:10pm
Anyone here use Kindle Unlimited? It's £1.99 for 3 months at the moment as a special offer but I've searched for every book mentioned on the last 2 pages and not one of them appeared. Seems to be a crap selection
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:26pm
have 3 books out of the library and seeing if I can read them interchangeably
The  little village against the world( about a communist village in spain)
The Irish Soccer Split( FA and IFA)
Billy Joel Biogrpahy
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Anyone here use Kindle Unlimited? It's £1.99 for 3 months at the moment as a special offer but I've searched for every book mentioned on the last 2 pages and not one of them appeared. Seems to be a crap selection

Yup very little on it. Can get all your ebooks elsewhere.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 2:59pm
None

f**k off digital world 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:38pm
You can't beat the feel and smell of a real book. I also can't believe somebody is reading Billy Joel's autobiography!
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Anyone read "And then the sun Shines"? Starts off at Hillsborough and goes through a lot of british life, focusing a lot on how Sky and the Premier League became such a mammoth. Halfway through it at the moment and really enjoying it.

I'm reading it now. I got it in library. Very good book and covers the links between football and British society.The author came close to dying at Hillsborough so the first chapter is a tough read.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:08am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You can't beat the feel and smell of a real book. I also can't believe somebody is reading Billy Joel's autobiography!

I'll take this opportunity to correct you so. It's a biography. He declined a million dollar book deal, as he said if anyone wants to know my life story it's in my songs
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

I'll take this opportunity to correct you so. It's a biography. He declined a million dollar book deal, as he said if anyone wants to know my life story it's in my songs
Apologies! That's even worse though. He must have led a more tedious life than I previously imagined!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 1:58pm

Apologies! That's even worse though. He must have led a more tedious life than I previously imagined!

George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:15pm
Anyone on here read “Green Shoots: Irish Football Histories”.
Is it any use?
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:06pm

By all accounts, far from it. Slash in his book reckons when they met him they loved him as they thought it was great to meet a guy as f**ked up as they were.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by George Zip George Zip wrote:

Is it any use?

Yeh it's good. It's a sort of random collection of stories over the years from both sides of the irish teams. Few great nuggets and stories I hadn't heard before

Edited by OohAah... - 24 Mar 2018 at 4:09pm
George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:34pm

Is it any use?

Yeh it's good. It's a sort of random collection of stories over the years from both sides of the irish teams. Few great nuggets and stories I hadn't heard before

Cheers, will invest in a copy.
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:51pm

Is it any use?

Cheers, will invest in a copy.

Got a copy out of ilac library, if ya wanna save the expense
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 4:47pm
Gomorrah, roberto saviano
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 75>
  Share Topic