Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wexford Youths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Wexford ask a player could he help them out as they are stuck.

Player responds I'd love too once it dosnt clash with GAA games/events il be available.

Dave McMillan misses one day a week training at Dundalk as he works part time, Has he dictated to Dundalk when he would be available or would you call it compromise?

The players that went to New Zeland were not under contract so had no obligation to stay, why can't you get your head around that?
They are terms ffs. The issue here is they accepted the events bit.

The minute David McMillan misses a key game because he wants to go on the beer with his work colleagues, get back to us. Otherwise you are proving my point, other clubs balance this just fine.

Of course they Kiwis were under contract. You are asking why Youths let 5 players out of their contracts and registrations in October to play overseas? I have no idea, ask them. More amateur hour would be my guess. All they had to do was say we aren't signing any international release for a month.

what part did you not read about him not been involved in either play off as he was going to Asia? and then he was up for an award so stayed thus allowing the help them further by been available for the 1st leg

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 4:23pm
Simple for me, any club that elected to let Chin "help them out" and knowing he mightn't be around for the crucial second leg shouldn't even be in the 1st Division, never mind the Premier.

Any LSL club worth its salt wouldn't allow that to happen, real pub team stuff it was.

Good riddance.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 8:46pm
So it turns out he was due to go to Asia and not meant to play in the play offs anyway and actually helped them out to play in the first leg when it wasn't part of the agreement.

That ends that!
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 11:34am

So it turns out he was due to go to Asia and not meant to play in the play offs anyway and actually helped them out to play in the first leg when it wasn't part of the agreement.

That ends that!
So there was an 'agreement' which made him the only paid player at the club....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 11:55am

That ends that!
If they paid him for a few games and didn't tie him down to the playoffs, they can't argue it was anything but stupidity and that they have a massive inferiority complex as well as a lack of spine and pride. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 12 Nov 2016 at 12:07pm
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 1:30pm

That ends that!

Have you proof they paid him and that he was the only paid player at the club?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 9:24pm
Lee Grace has left Youths rumors Cork City are interested in him.or will he follow Keegan to Galway.
get me out of hear
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 2:34pm
Lee Grace has signed for Galway no surprise there.
get me out of hear
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 3:56pm
I wouldn't be surprised if a few players from the Carlow League were snapped up by Wexford Youths over the next few months, there are certainly 1 or 2 minimum that would step up fairly comfortably to Division 1 level.

Edited by Green Devil - 05 Dec 2016 at 3:57pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Yellow Belly Yellow Belly wrote:

Lee Grace has signed for Galway no surprise there.
Would know Lee quite well, nearly went to Cork but they delayed and Keegan came in with a good offer and full time contract. Fenlon was also in contact but he would not drop down to 1st div again
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 8:08pm
Chris Kenny?
Any Youths fans want to give me a bit of encouragement, very underwhelmed with this.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 12:56am
Heard he was made an offer from Sligo didn't know he signed. He played junior football with Shamrocks Rovers Enniscorthy a genuine who gives everything and doesn't hide. Will win plenty of ball back a player most teams need.
get me out of hear
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if a few players from the Carlow League were snapped up by Wexford Youths over the next few months, there are certainly 1 or 2 minimum that would step up fairly comfortably to Division 1 level.

All but confirmed that a minimum of 1 player from the Carlow League has put pen to paper with the Youths today.

You're getting a fantastic young player if it's who I've been told. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:01pm
Wexford the first casualty of the season??
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

200k tax bill. Look fcuked alright.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 6:20pm
From day one you could see this was going to happen to them.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

200k tax bill. Look fcuked alright.
They must have known it was coming? Their costs, as amateurs, must have been quite small, were they struggling with sponsorship?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 6:44pm
The Owner is also the sponsor AFAIK
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic