Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wexford Youths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

He done them a favour by filling in for a few games at the end of the season. He owes Youths nothing.
Exactly, Chin up lads.

Sponsored Links

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

While there is an element of truth to the above, its still small time. Its their biggest game of the season, he is either in or out. Whatever about a game, this is a dinner dance.

I recall Rovers making the GAA pay for a helicopter for Jayo Sherlock to make a Rovers game as he wanted to play a club match that morning. That is a 'compromise'.

The LOI is a small local league.

I don't really think your story makes the point you were intending. The fact a Shamrock player played a GAA club match on the same day as a LOI match is very small time.

A bit of Celtic tiger excess doesn't change anything.

Also,just guessing here but I'd say Jayo was on professional forms and hence was legally obliged to be available for the game.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 7:33pm
Keegan confirmed as galway boss for next season,wtf?few europeans on drogs tonight so.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 10:27pm
Got that one right,21-10 for drogs -1 tonight.woop.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 10:41pm
Lee Chin getting unreal amount of abuse on social media

Edited by GUFC_Andy - 04 Nov 2016 at 10:57pm
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Lee Chin getting unreal amount of deserved abuse of social media

Edit
Theres only one sport that matters..
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Edit
lol deserved is right
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 11:16pm

Lee Chin getting unreal amount of abuse on social media

Why? he gave them a dig-out. I'm glad they're relegated with their small-time approach. Who approaches another player from another sport like some junior outfit ?

Really hope Drogs strike on from here- a club with far more potential than Wexford will ever have.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:06am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Keegan confirmed as galway boss for next season,wtf?few europeans on drogs tonight so.

So Galway sack their manager who delievered comfortable mid table and replace him with one who got his team relegated from the same division. Right ya are... as I said when TD got sacked, let's see if the next man can do a better job.

Edited by eire77 - 05 Nov 2016 at 12:07am
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:22am
Galway will go down next season I'm afraid, no recruitment of players which is needed badly
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:36am

Galway will go down next season I'm afraid, no recruitment of players which is needed badly

That's the crazy thing. Dunne had them comfortable in the division and afaik a mainly local side. I really thought he had done a very good job. Fair enough if the board were showing massive ambition in replacing him but I'd imagine this appointment will leave many underwhelmed.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:55am
Lee Chin will be scapegoated for committing himself to a GAA all-stars dinner but this tie was decided over 180 mins. And besides, Chin was only a sub in the 1st leg before coming on to score the 2nd goal, so bollix to that.

Great win for the Drogs and good to see hometown players like Brennan and Thornton score two of the goals. But where now for Wexford? I think it`ll be a long way back, with Keegan gone to Galway and their better players like Paul Murphy likely to be snapped up by PD sides. Cobh will come back stronger next season and UCD, as usual, will be there or thereabouts.
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 1:23am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Edit

Explain how it is deserved gents ? 

The manager (who has himself shown his long term commitment to Wexford Youths.......) rang the player and asked him to play for a few weeks. Chin decided to make himself available, but only on his own terms. The manager went along with that. He could have told Chin to get lost, he wasn't having a bar of it, he wanted someone with more commitment,  but he didn't do any of that, he accepted the terms Chin asked for. It worked OK last week & Chin scored a vital goal for them. 

It would be very different had Chin played for the season & abandoned them, but he was clear from day 1 that hurling was his priority. The decision he made to go to a hurling awards ceremony was his alone to make under the terms he signed up for. I'm not sure who can or should be criticising him, if he had intentions of going back to play with them next season or something, fair enough, but he doesn't. 

Here is his own explanation of it, for what it is worth; 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 2:14am
I think Drogheda offer more to the league than Wexford.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 2:49am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

So Galway sack their manager who delievered comfortable mid table and replace him with one who got his team relegated from the same division. Right ya are... as I said when TD got sacked, let's see if the next man can do a better job.

Never mind the fact Galway would have a bigger budget than Wexford Youths or the fact Shane Keegan worked wonders to get Wexford promoted last season in the first place.....
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 10:01am
Seems a lot of people jumped the gun with Chin, piece by Dan Mcdonnell today saying Chin wouldn't have been in the country for either leg only for the awards, was supposed to be in Asia but then stayed because of the awards and was thus available for the first leg

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 10:40am
Can't believe the negative comments about Chin.  He made it clear in September that he would make himself available for the remaining 6 Premier Div matches which he did.  He went further and made himself available for a further match(the first leg of the play off).  He has always made it clear that he is No 1. a GAA man and even more so a Hurling man.  If so called soccer supporters keep hounding him, we will definitely have lost another sportsman to the game we love and who can blame him.

Edited by ontheball - 05 Nov 2016 at 10:41am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 11:05am
Yeah all the crap about Chin is very undeserved. He's a better player than a good chunk of the league, who football people are driving out of the game because of his connection to the GAA. 

Sounds to me like people are just using it as another excuse for some GAA-bashing. Calling it "bog hockey", "dinner dance" etc is just petty. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic