You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wetherspoons in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 39>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The Spoons in Leeds city station opens at 6am and is great craic by 9am on Matchdays. It's the first port of call when you've stepped off the red eye and are fully motivated to drink yourself into a heap by the end of the day. 
More expensive than your standard spoons the Magnets draught is £3.29 a pint in there standard Wetherspoons the same drink is £1.99.
Wetherspoon's don't have a consistent pricing policy, contrary to popular belief. They vary from region to region and town to town. Train station branches are going to get the custom no matter what, so they stick a premium on in most of them. Has always been the case, although Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street never did, perhaps as it wasn't technically in the station and had a different rental agreement? That's a good place to spend a Saturday lunchtime, seeing the fans roll in for various fixtures. 

Airports are worse again! A  bacon sandwich in the Stansted one would pay for a day's drinking in some of them!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

The Spoons in Leeds city station opens at 6am and is great craic by 9am on Matchdays. It's the first port of call when you've stepped off the red eye and are fully motivated to drink yourself into a heap by the end of the day. 
More expensive than your standard spoons the Magners draught is £3.29 a pint in there standard Wetherspoons the same drink is £1.99.
Wetherspoon's don't have a consistent pricing policy, contrary to popular belief. They vary from region to region and town to town. Train station branches are going to get the custom no matter what, so they stick a premium on in most of them. Has always been the case, although Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street never did, perhaps as it wasn't technically in the station and had a different rental agreement? That's a good place to spend a Saturday lunchtime, seeing the fans roll in for various fixtures. 

Airports are worse again! A  bacon sandwich in the Stansted one would pay for a day's drinking in some of them!

Your right about the Airport spoons the one in Edinburgh is pricey.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:46pm
I see the new Dublin one is going to be on Abbey Street. The scrote factor will be off the chart.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I see the new Dublin one is going to be on Abbey Street. The scrote factor will be off the chart.
So the same as the cock and bull so
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

So the same as the cock and bull so

That's the nice one! Kyles a couple of doors down is like something out of Shameless.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:48pm

The scrote factor will be off the chart.
Its officially called the ‘scrotient’.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 4:22pm
I see the Carlow Spoons the Tullow Gate  is now open.

It cost 3m euros to build on the site of the former Traders bar.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 4:34pm
I can't imagine how a Wetherspoons would be in a small Irish town like Carlow. You go into a Wetherpoons here and if you know someone you give a nod and little more. Unless you have gone in with them, agreed to meet them or are on your way to a gig or match and have a few on board, you don't have random conversations or small talk about the weather.
Shouting across a Wetherspoons is usually frowned upon, at least, whereas it is a sort of pub sport in most town or village pubs at home. 

I suppose that in the  event of my life taking an even worse turning, and I end up in Carlow, I will go in and find out.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:06pm

I can't imagine how a Wetherspoons would be in a small Irish town like Carlow. You go into a Wetherpoons here and if you know someone you give a nod and little more. Unless you have gone in with them, agreed to meet them or are on your way to a gig or match and have a few on board, you don't have random conversations or small talk about the weather.
Shouting across a Wetherspoons is usually frowned upon, at least, whereas it is a sort of pub sport in most town or village pubs at home. 

I suppose that in the  event of my life taking an even worse turning, and I end up in Carlow, I will go in and find out.

Carlow town will be bigger than Kilkenny in the next few years, it's amongst Ireland biggest towns top 7-8 afaik. 

We have a huge student population and the pub has the cheapest drinks prices in town, so it's proven to be very popular.

The fact many locals who are barred out of various pubs haven't been barred out of the Spoons yet is also adding to the high number of people drinking there.

I've seen a lot of elderly people in having breakfast/dinner there anytime I pass it so the food must be half decent.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Carlow town will be bigger than Kilkenny in the next few years, it's amongst Ireland biggest towns top 7-8 afaik. 

We have a huge student population and the pub has the cheapest drinks prices in town, so it's proven to be very popular.

The fact many locals who are barred out of various pubs haven't been barred out of the Spoons yet is also adding to the high number of people drinking there.

I've seen a lot of elderly people in having breakfast/dinner there anytime I pass it so the food must be half decent.
You know what I mean, it is still a small town of 25,000 odd. I just find that the way they work is at odds with the way people drink and act in rural areas and towns at home. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Had the former pub the Traders  been closed for a while or did Spoons buy it off them as a going concern?

Edited by Double Maxim - 12 Jun 2019 at 12:20pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 3:55pm
Have purchased carbon nightclub in Galway, turning it into a pub with a first floor beer garden
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Have purchased carbon nightclub in Galway, turning it into a pub with a first floor beer garden
It will just be a copy of all their other pubs.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 5:09pm

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

It will just be a copy of all their other pubs.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Karla2019 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karla2019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 7:45pm
They were pretty good for their prices over in Britain .I never found them that bad tbh.It'll be interesting to see their drink prices 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 4:27pm
Anyone in the recently opened hangar in Abbey St ?
How much is a pint ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:15pm
El Puto Amo
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:22pm

Outstanding description of Tim Martin LOL

Quote English pub chain founded by a sweaty joint of gammon in a Rowley Birkin wig, is spreading its tentacles here.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 39>
  Share Topic