You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

West Ham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 87>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:06pm
Andy Carroll leaving West Ham on a free in the Summer.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:09pm
It was known as far back as January that he wasn’t getting a new contract.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:11pm
He's far too injury prone.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

He's far too injury prone.

This was also as much a revelation as learning that John Delaney may have been a naughty boy 
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:57pm
West Ham launched their new kits yesterday. Interesting development, you can buy them with or without sponsor. Interesting to see if this catches on as an idea

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 1:52pm
I have always wondered how much traction those companies get from shirt sponsorship. I still don’t know what a lot of them do! I used to have a Celtic shirt with Cr Smith on it, my first jersey, it was about twenty years later I discovered what they did.
When Newcastle had Northern Rock on their strips, I thought it was mineral water, until they went tits up. Is the outlay really worth it? 
I guess they think it is, but I’m sure some of them get little out of it.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

West Ham launched their new kits yesterday. Interesting development, you can buy them with or without sponsor. Interesting to see if this catches on as an idea

Not at Abbottstown, it won't. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I have always wondered how much traction those companies get from shirt sponsorship. I still don’t know what a lot of them do! I used to have a Celtic shirt with Cr Smith on it, my first jersey, it was about twenty years later I discovered what they did.
When Newcastle had Northern Rock on their strips, I thought it was mineral water, until they went tits up. Is the outlay really worth it? 
I guess they think it is, but I’m sure some of them get little out of it.
A bit like these ground naming rights that are all the rage these days, especially in the lower divisions in England eg Keepmoat stadium at Doncaster, Accrington Stanley's Wham Stadium, The OneCall Stadium in Mansfield etc - no-one (and that probably includes most of the people who live in those towns and support those clubs!) has a scooby what those firms actually do without googling them. LOL

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 2:07pm
You can only buy the U18 jersey with no sponsor on it as it’s illegal to put a betting company on a juniors shirt. This was the same with the last jersey they had.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 7:52pm
The difference between our jersey & club jerseys is that our jersey is not actually sponsored when they're on the pitch so it's not a real replica. Most fans will buy the one that looks the same as the players are wearing which is part of the reason why fans want to be able to buy sponsorless Ireland jerseys. Of course, the sponsorless ones do tend to look better generally, but there has to be more of a market for a sponsorless jersey for an international team than for a club team.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 11:37am
Reports saying Pellegrini will be sacked if West Ham don't win today.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 2:08am
According to sky Moyes will be returning to West Ham as manager plenty of money to spend in the January window no doubt.

Edited by Double Maxim - 29 Dec 2019 at 2:09am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 11:30am
Had to happen. I like Pelly. A real class act. But it’s run it’s course and something has to change. Dubious about Moyes being re-appointed. He did okay last time, but hardly pulled up trees. The lack of options in central midfield will be his major problem.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Had to happen. I like Pelly. A real class act. But it’s run it’s course and something has to change. Dubious about Moyes being re-appointed. He did okay last time, but hardly pulled up trees. The lack of options in central midfield will be his major problem.
Is that the general feeling about the return of Moyes from West Ham fans?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Is that the general feeling about the return of Moyes from West Ham fans?

Honestly, I think the general consensus is overwhelmingly negative. But that has less to do with Moyes and more with what he represents. It’s seen as a massively regressive step to repeat a relationship which was initially short term and protective. And this anger is naturally directed st the owners as opposed to Moyes himself. Especially as Pelly is a world class manager who initially didn’t play by the rules in terms of signatures of players (I.e loans/contingencies). In 2017/2018 Moyes played to that tune and a couple of late results padded what was really a poor season.

The clubs squad is actually a bit weaker than the one he inherited two years ago, so his work is cut out for him.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:16pm
Pellegrini is too old, games moved on from him unfortuantely. Not many top class managers north of 60. 

I'm disgusted with Moyes but realstiacallly there weren't many other candidates. Houghton got sacked at his last job for nearly relegating Brighton, Howe has no track record at a big or even medium sized club. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 4:48pm

Pellegrini is too old, games moved on from him unfortuantely. Not many top class managers north of 60. 

I'm disgusted with Moyes but realstiacallly there weren't many other candidates. Houghton got sacked at his last job for nearly relegating Brighton, Howe has no track record at a big or even medium sized club. 

Benitez would have been my choice.

Moyes is not exactly one of the old guard of “Merry go round men” who seem to be out be in and out of all the non top six jobs in England.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 9:58pm

Benitez would have been my choice.

Moyes is not exactly one of the old guard of “Merry go round men” who seem to be out be in and out of all the non top six jobs in England.
He's on megabucks in China tho, doubt he was attainable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 87>
  Share Topic