You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wes Hoolahan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 9:14pm
Wes got a lot of unwarranted bad rep. I don't think he was ever that luxury player that people like to make out he was. 

the amount times he actually won the ball back is quite incredible. Did plenty of running and knew how to handle himself. 

I think when his iname was been bandied about a lot around the time of Trap, the narrative of him being a number 10 who saunters around the pitch seemed to be cemented for some reason. 

Recently, I've watched a few games of old when when he played for Ireland, bedsides his obvious talent on the ball, he really did a lot of work off the ball too. 
Sponsored Links

Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 11:37pm
have to agree with that. I was always impressed with his tackling and doggedness
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Just couldn't help myself and watched the Sweden goal again.

It was so technically difficult to score it that I would say in the last 20 years of ireland football only maybe Robbie Keane and Duff would have the technical ability to have been able to finish it.

We could use a Wes in his prime right now I can tell you.

Duff would struggle to score that on his left foot, never mind his right foot.

PM, has he made any indications of whether he'll stay on for another year? Do you think he'd be physically able at his age for another year?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 9:16am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Just couldn't help myself and watched the Sweden goal again.

It was so technically difficult to score it that I would say in the last 20 years of ireland football only maybe Robbie Keane and Duff would have the technical ability to have been able to finish it.

We could use a Wes in his prime right now I can tell you.

Duff would struggle to score that on his left foot, never mind his right foot.

PM, has he made any indications of whether he'll stay on for another year? Do you think he'd be physically able at his age for another year?
No real indication. He lives halfway between Cambridge and Norwich and I feel he will go back there as a coach at some stage. The first half yesterday was his best performance of the season though. I think if we go up he will give us another season.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 10:08pm
Let's get Wes back for the rest of the campaign.

Pump him full of stem cells and maybe he can play for another 10 years for us? 

Edited by seanyshuffler - 30 Mar 2021 at 10:09pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Let's get Wes back for the rest of the campaign.

Pump him full of stem cells and maybe he can play for another 10 years for us? 
f**k off! We can only get him one day a week as it is.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:01pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

The man, the myth, the legend.

He has been very good, but I would like to see the stats with and without Boateng and Digby too. He is so much better with those two behind him and the bad run of form came when they were injured. 
That's taking nothing awy from him. He has been great again today, so far.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:04pm
Not his best game today, only 7.5/10, but we are going up. Clap
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

This is turning into quite the bromance PM. LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:19pm
Wes for Ireland Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:21pm

Indeed! He has helped make these last few moths easier, that's for sure. The best thing is seeing how much he loves it and enjoys it, he is a talented street footballer and they are nearly extinct. He was annoyed at being substituted in injury-time today.Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 2:46pm
Did f**k all today, apart from create the winner and postpone all depression for at least 24 hours. Beautiful little midget Dublin ****. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 2:47pm

I'm open to homosexuality in this instance.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 3:01pm
Weso ClapHeart
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 3:38pm
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 3:59pm
I remember all the talk of him being left out of the ireland team because he may be defensively suspect when he was in his prime.

And he's still turning games around at 73 years old.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 4:05pm

I remember all the talk of him being left out of the ireland team because he may be defensively suspect when he was in his prime.

And he's still turning games around at 73 years old.

Defensively suspect. The biggest myth when I came to Wes. The amount of running and tracking back and winning the ball back that he did was quite incredible for somebody who was always labelled a luxury player.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101>
  Share Topic