You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wes Hoolahan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 101>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 8:05pm
Aabsolutely agree that Wes could still be productive and useful in the right situation and circumstance.  As he possesses a creative skill set that sadly none of our other players do, why in the world as a coach would you not want to have that option available in a given situation?  Odd as it sounds, Wes is a rather young 38.  He might also have a positive influence on Jack Byrne, Jayson Molumby, Jason Knight, and Josh Cullen.  Well worth a spot in March, especially given the type of football Kenny is looking to play.  
Sponsored Links

avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

Aabsolutely agree that Wes could still be productive and useful in the right situation and circumstance.  As he possesses a creative skill set that sadly none of our other players do, why in the world as a coach would you not want to have that option available in a given situation?  Odd as it sounds, Wes is a rather young 38.  He might also have a positive influence on Jack Byrne, Jayson Molumby, Jason Knight, and Josh Cullen.  Well worth a spot in March, especially given the type of football Kenny is looking to play.  

The key games really for Kenny are Azerbaijan and Luxembourg. They are must win. 0.0 with 10 minutes to go, I'd stick Wes on no doubt. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Could he still do a job for few minutes off the bench? 

His form has been reasonable. They're top of the League. 
Watch a lot of United on iFollow? We won't finish top, with the squad we have the play-offs would be well above and beyond expectations. Wes was brilliant against Harrogate, in the second-half at least, but can be hit or miss.  His set-pieces today, for example, were horrific. He won't even be able to sit on the bench on Tuesday, due to fitness concerns, with some even suggesting one game a week is in his contract. He will most likely retire at the end of the season. He should be absolutely nowhere near the Irish squad now.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 9:11pm
A year ago we were all excited by a potential golden generation of under 21s coming through

Now we're saying a 38 year old Cambridge midfielder could do a job in the squad

avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 9:18pm

Fair enough and the criticism of my suggestion is logical. But his game is not based on athleticism. One good pass against Azerbaijan is all we'd need. As a lad about the squad, he'd be a good influence. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 9:59pm

Fair enough and the criticism of my suggestion is logical. But his game is not based on athleticism. One good pass against Azerbaijan is all we'd need. As a lad about the squad, he'd be a good influence. 

No need for a 38 year old Wes, playing in League One, when we have a 24 year old Jack Byrne playing at a higher level 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

No need for a 38 year old Wes, playing in League One, when we have a 24 year old Jack Byrne playing at a higher level 
League Two. It would be difficult to compare the levels, but I think he has only made one substitute appearance.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:45pm
Goal and assist for Wes today.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

And I take it all back. I was chanting his name across the sitting room today, given the proximity to the Abbey he might even have heard me.LOL
What a man. Clap
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And I take it all back. I was chanting his name across the sitting room today, given the proximity to the Abbey he might even have heard me.LOL
What a man. Clap

I knew this day would come. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

What a man. Clap

I knew this day would come. 
LOL
I hope he gives a season in the third division.Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 3:50pm
He's lovely.Heart
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 10:17pm

He's lovely.Heart

Was watching today and he was absolutely class along with Knoyle. Hopefully Wes will stay on for another year if they go up.  Bonner really is doing a fantastic job. I’m sure having someone like Waddock alongside him is doing him wonders. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 10:31pm
Knoyle. What a name.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 3:38pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 11:49pm

Their results seem conspicuously better when he plays. They lost to Bolton yesterday as he was rested.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:22am

Their results seem conspicuously better when he plays. They lost to Bolton yesterday as he was rested.
He has been poor the last couple of games he has played and we would have lost to Bolton regardless. They really  should be walking away with the division. Digby has been a bigger loss than him lately in midfield.  Wes has unquestionably been a great signing. 
We have only a couple more midweek games now, and all key players are fit, so should still be in the running for the automatic positions; even if I think we will fall short.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:32am
PM as a matter of curiosity given that they might be in the same league next season would their be any sort of rivalry between Cambridge United and Oxford United  ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 101>
  Share Topic