Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 357358359360361 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Michael O'Neill close to returning as manager
Given the overwhelmingly enthusiastic response to his return, and their favorable qualifying group, I'd give Northern Ireland an excellent chance to qualify for EURO 2024.  

On checking their squad I would give them next to no chance of qualifying.

It's not as good a squad as before and I hope I'm wrong but N.I. will be well in the mix under O'Neill and their group fixtures schedule is favourable too. If they beat Finland at home in the second game, they'll already be in a great position in the group. They could have a decent lead in second place before their last two games away to Finland and home to Denmark.  

It’s an absolutely pathetic squad with no decent players coming through! They’ll be battling for 4th spot with Kazakhstan.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Michael O'Neill confirmed as new Nordie manager.

5 and half year deal 
Mental for international football

Yep agree it's a long contract, would bring him up to the end 2028 tournament so perhaps building for that 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 1:04pm

5 and half year deal 
Rumoured to be getting 40 quid a week..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

5 and half year deal 
Rumoured to be getting 40 quid a week..

And a weekly bottle of Black Bush Wink
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 8:08pm
Logical appointment for both parties but it's loaded with risk. A bit like their Bretherton across the boarder, the NI team requires a long term rebuild.

I think he's pragmatically taking the job hoping to build towards Euro 2028 (and potential games in Belfast), as opposed to qualification for 2024. Lots of talk about how open their group is for Germany, bit their playing pool is very weak right now. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 8:54pm
First home game is v Finland - win that and they could have a shot at 2nd. Don’t win and it’s an uphill task.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Why do I see this going horribly wrong for him

Because their squad is absolutely hopeless. But because it's so bad I can see him pushing hard to get a few of our younger fringe players that are eligible for them on board to try and improve them a bit.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 9:58pm
Whatever all this talk of "terrible squad" vs "good chance of qualifying from a weak group etc", this NI fan only requires two things from his team.

One, that each player should give 100% in a green shirt and two, that their efforts be well organised. And Michael has proven that he's both a motivator and an organiser

Thereafter I'm not greatly worried whether we win a load of games to qualify for tournaments, as we've infrequently done in my time, or whether we come up short, as is more usually the case.

For as the song says: "We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland, but it's all the same to me" Thumbs Up
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 1:09pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 11:55pm
Pat Jennings awarded CBE in New Year’s Honours List

Former Northern Ireland goalkeeper Pat Jennings has been awarded a CBE (Commander of the British Empire) in the New Year’s Honours List.
Jennings, who made 119 international appearances for Northern Ireland during a 23-year playing career, has been honoured for his services to football and charity.

“I am delighted and humbled to have been awarded this prestigious honour,” said Jennings. “I have had a fantastic career and I have always supported charities and good causes along the way, something I feel all sportspeople should do.”

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 11:59pm
Fantastic news! Congratulations Pat.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 10:49am

Good old uncle Pat!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Good old uncle Pat!

As someone who is respected and admired throughout the world of football, including ithe whole of Ireland*, and at both Spurs and Arsena,l where uniquely he is revered by both sets of fans. I'm quite sure Big Pat isn't in the least bit bothered by the jibes of a couple of small-minded wee sh*tes on a website.

* - Another charity close to Pat’s heart is Co-Operation Ireland, an all-island peace-building organisation.

He explained: “I worked closely with Derek Dougan during the early days of the charity in the mid-1980s. Derek was from the Protestant faith, and I represented the Catholic community, and we knew how important that was, particularly given the times we were living in.

“Religion was no barrier, and we went on to organise some fantastic initiatives to raise money, including bike rides and walks from Belfast to Dublin, vintage car rallies and sponsored swims.”

Jennings (77) celebrated 27 years of golfing at Royal County Down in support of the work of Co-Operation Ireland in October 2022.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Good old uncle Pat!

As someone who is respected and admired throughout the world of football, including ithe whole of Ireland*, and at both Spurs and Arsena,l where uniquely he is revered by both sets of fans. I'm quite sure Big Pat isn't in the least bit bothered by the jibes of a couple of small-minded wee sh*tes on a website.

* - Another charity close to Pat’s heart is Co-Operation Ireland, an all-island peace-building organisation.

He explained: “I worked closely with Derek Dougan during the early days of the charity in the mid-1980s. Derek was from the Protestant faith, and I represented the Catholic community, and we knew how important that was, particularly given the times we were living in.

“Religion was no barrier, and we went on to organise some fantastic initiatives to raise money, including bike rides and walks from Belfast to Dublin, vintage car rallies and sponsored swims.”

Jennings (77) celebrated 27 years of golfing at Royal County Down in support of the work of Co-Operation Ireland in October 2022.

No one gives a f**k on this forum lad safer posting where people care.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 7:21pm

No one gives a f**k on this forum lad safer posting where people care.

Yet you care sufficiently to post about it.

Twice.

I guess your prejudice is so embedded that you just can't help yourself.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 7:56pm
Commander of the British Empire? What the f**k? LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 8:11pm
Jennings a great man for the old Cookstown sausage.....CBE -.Cookstown Banger Eater 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Good old uncle Pat!

Great legacy uncle Pat. Terri loves you🤔
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 357358359360361 369>
  Share Topic